Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) (24161 Views)

Hilarious Faces Of Divers At The Rio 2016 Olympics In Brazil / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics / Rio 2016: Egyptians Wear Hijab While Playing Volleyball With Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
And I hear our first Lady is carrying a Bag worth 30 million in the US. Tax payers money?
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
Abeg make you manage am like that. All of una no know sey country dry.
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by mikaelzX(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
smh
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by slap1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
OP your font type is more annoying. angry
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Flyingngel(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by sankky: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
GEJ regime also embezzled the intelligence needed to organize the Rio team and clothe them well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Sard(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
adedayoa2:
but why should they wear a traditional attire to a sporting activity. Please, make me understand.
It's the opening ceremony of a sporting event. Everybody uses the opportunity to showcase the native dresses of their country. It's a tradition; It has always been like that. You can Google it to see how others dressed at the ceremony.
@op... Whoever is in charge of this should be punished. Things are really bad in the country at this moment. It's a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by cenaboy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
Goddygee:
Every ting seems strange abt dis con3...

APC has ruined this country, after six month of delay to appoint a Capoon to be a sport minister, shame never in our history have this happen, first stranded 2 United state of Nigeria 3 another National anthem because they can't find out CD plate, 4 track suit ...... etc. #Nigeriais not worth dying for
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by richidinho(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
mikolo80:
Thank goodness we're almost at rock bottom.maybe Nigerians will take elections more seriously.

Are you sure you typed this?
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by nonjebose(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
omaiyale:
In as much as I want head to roll for this Series of Embarrassment the important thing is for the Athletes to win Gold.
USA just won Four Golds which is the Koko and not Asowobi or Agbada
You try. They should win medals indeed. Oya, guys don't kil yourselves over anything in Rio. Have fun and come back home. Nothing is going to happen even if you win. Nigeria is not ready to start competing in sports
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by nonjebose(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
kgr8mike:
It is not a carnival. It is games. It is medals that they went for and not a fashion show.

Please I pray they get the medals and we can party afterwards.

The cart cannot be placed before the horse.

This is Nigeria.

And all we are saying.... bring home the gold!!!- especially in football.

Thanks.
Gold indeed. We have already placed the cart before the horse. You think wining does not require this little things. seeking for financial support online, owing coaches, late arrivals, general shoddy arrangements. Waiting to see things unfold
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by ggrin(f): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
efilefun:
[size=13pt]Some people are on here spewing dust, if they had wore the proposed costume i am pretty sure this same group of people will still come here to yab FG, so its better they wore that tracksuit instead of this thing that looks like devil and angel wey miss road costume[/size]
for realer? shocked

grin
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by adedayoa2(f): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
Sard:

It's the opening ceremony of a sporting event. Everybody uses the opportunity to showcase the native dresses of their country. It's a tradition; It has always been like that. You can Google it to see how others dressed at the ceremony.
@op... Whoever is in charge of this should be punished. Things are really bad in the country at this moment. It's a pity.
okies, now i get
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by robosky02(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
some people head in the sports ministry in nigeria

Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by nonjebose(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
cenaboy:

APC has ruined this country, after six month of delay to appoint a Capoon to be a sport minister, shame never in our history have this happen, first stranded 2 United state of Nigeria 3 another National anthem because they can't find out CD plate, 4 track suit ...... etc. #Nigeriais not worth dying for
Abeg, they did not play the national anthem? I did not watch our match. Na wa o o o!!!
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by efilefun(m): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
ggrin:
for realer? shocked

grin
you self follow laugh ba, this costume abii na wetin i wan call am would had been a disaster, thank God traffic hold the cloth
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by iamord(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
efilefun:
[size=13pt]Some people are on here spewing dust, if they had wore the proposed costume i am pretty sure this same group of people will still come here to yab FG, so its better they wore that tracksuit instead of this thing that looks like devil and angel wey miss road costume[/size]
But this is trashy really. And does not represent Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by efilefun(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
Am pretty sure those athletes deliberately left the bag containing those trash behind
iamord:
But this is trashy really. And does not represent Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by VictorRomanov: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
efilefun:

My brother, i prefer the tract suit to this garment wey dem waste money sew. They were not the only team wearing a tract suit. It's cheaper. In the end it's how we perform and not what we wore at the opening ceremony. We nigerians just like show off and it's killing us.
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by dBard: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
Peeps shouldn't blame them...it's Naija tailors/fashion designers.
Even with a 4,year time lag, they can Never deliver on time.
tongue
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by rakabuba001(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
let me use the nairaland pledge to compensate myself....WHO COSTUME EPP wink
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Jacko1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
Chai tracksuit to olympic

Walai i for no come out oh

See hand falling

Just imagine how ppl will look at them

Oh .... I see you guys wearing puma

Dat means if say dem no get track na multicolor we for wear

This buhari govt ehn....u ppl weldone for voting him
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by plaetton: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
sankky:
GEJ regime also embezzled the intelligence needed to organize the Rio team and clothe them well.

Lol.
grin

This is the one thing Nigerians should hold Jonathan guilty of ; Walking away with the intelligence and common sense needed to run a country.

Jonathan !! Please bring it back ooo.
Pls visit ASO Rock more often.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Fizzie87(f): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nigeria in a confused state...
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by Fizzie87(f): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nigeria in a confused stage..
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by lepasharon(f): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Who was the girl carrying the nigerian flag?
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by BoboFashion(m): 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
adedayoa2:
but why should they wear a traditional attire to a sporting activity. Please, make me understand.

My dear, I wonder o! The tracksuit wasn't bad at all. After all, no be fashion show or carnival be dis.
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by chicoMX(m): 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Solomon dalung.."what's Olympics, who asked these boys to travel to Brazil? what are they doing in Brazil?"
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by dy27(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
kgr8mike:
It is not a carnival. It is games. It is medals that they went for and not a fashion show.

Please I pray they get the medals and we can party afterwards.

The cart cannot be placed before the horse.

This is Nigeria.

And all we are saying.... bring home the gold!!!- especially in football.

I tire for our country pple,some even say dey should wear shoki?shoky na clothe? We get serious MP for this naija...Concordtabity[size=8pt][/size] grin

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by dy27(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
robosky02:
some people head in the sports ministry in nigeria

These heads better sef..Those idiots head dey behind their yash.
Re: Nigerians Disappointed At The RIO 2016 Opening Ceremony (see Tweets) by kan12(m): 1:55am On Aug 07, 2016
In the words of Enya,... "......who knows when Buhari will stop joking with Nigeria/Nigerians? ONLY TIME.

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Ogu Slams CAF As Nigeria Missed Out On Africa Best XI For 2018 (photos) / Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Australia 108 - 69 / Boxing Coach Giving Morale In Yoruba (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.