Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? (3017 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Your NYSC Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by tboy81(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2006
I'm presently serving and one of the things i don't look forward to is those CD days when i have to put on dat NYSC kit sad

I also observed that most people only change to their kits when they are approaching the secretariat.

So am just throwing this to everyone who has served or is serving whether they like/disliked putting on the kit and the methods you devised in avoiding the NYSC kit when going to the secretariat (e.g. putting on small shirt/blouse and wearing the NYSC vest on it when you get to the secretariat wink) for those who did not like putting it on.

AJUWIRE!!!
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by Kashif(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2006
If you can cut corners without qualms, try your luck in this 'career' cool cool
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by kitaun(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2006
Me wear kits? 

am sure throughout the period after Orientation i did not wear the gaddem kit for up to 5 times, lol grin grin

Even the officials, both state and local knew i was an above-the-law cool

please don't crucify me o! at least i served my papa land  cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by kambe: 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2006
I hate it so much that I didnt wear my full kit on pass-out day. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by aadewale(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2006
Throughout my stay in camp, it was a hard time between me and the soldiers because I dislike the kit with a passion. After camp discharge, i kept it underneath my clothes at home.I hope they will change that kit to something more civilised.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by vivienne(f): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2006
while i was in camp i only wore d kit during my man-o-war. now when i go for CD, i only wear a white shirt(any kind of shirt,definately not d crested vest) and jeans. i'll never be caught dead wearing the kit, not even on POP lipsrsealedgrin
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by uchetobi(f): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2007
hated them kits. The next worst thing to thhe kit is the NYSC Scheme
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by lolypop: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
i like putting on my ajuwaya kit on my CDS, still i hate it because the material is not good.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by naijabands(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2007
I have nothing against the BOOTS!
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by uchetobi(f): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2007
I have everything against NYSC and every NYSC related affair
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by Elgaxton(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2007
Wow! The Kits do suck mehn! but wetin we go do.

My CDS go just embarass u if u come with moft, they even collect cash from u at times 200 naira.

If u dont wear ur kits for the monthly registration(submission of performance certificate) then u are wasting ur time
nobody will even attend to u?

The ladies wil be like are u a corper? c'mon get out and put on ur KITs!

Thank God say na August we dey leave sha!

I sha 've enjoyed the whole service scheme while it lasted

[size=18pt]Ajuwaya![/size]
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by ayojango(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2007
i even left mine in camp and used anyone ic as rags.the kit is wack i served in ebonyi n started cd a month b4 p.o.p,
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by shazeez(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2007
For my c.d's i just put on white tee-shirts but i always have the khaki in my car cos they sometimes just get so strict for no reason, especially during clearance. The part i detest most is when everyone that sees u in that gear just wants to holla "corper shawn!". I'm really counting down!
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by oloksman1(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2007
CORPERS WEE OOOOOOOOOOO!!!
PREEEYYYYYYYYY!!
PREEEEE SHAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MEN WILL ADVANCE!!!! ABOUT TURN!!!!!!
MOVE TO THE LEFT IN THREES !!! RIGHT TURN!!

it's crazy,isnt it? but it fun as well. the out fit really makes you look like a quack atimes,
but it's fun to me cos it reminds me of those primary sch. days we fly our school uniforms and looking very unkept.
catch the fun of ruggedy.
AJUWAYA
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by predi(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2007
meeee
i always make the best of every situation. i didnt enjot the kits i got but my frends and i got a nice tailor guy wu redesigned the khaki kits- u shld c the babes in three quarter khakis and some of the guys in kahki boot kuts, twas crazy wen it came to cds-but twas fun sha. i ges one gets used to it in a way-i sure did

[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#550000][/color] ajuwaya[sub][/sub]the best magic is the hunger to lern and the humility to run with it
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by uchetobi(f): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2007
i Hate the damn kit
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by smileseal: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2007
kits sha! it was sumthing i longged to wear when i was in school, i just dont know how it happened after getting in to it i hate wearing it, its like everyone around just know your status immediatly they see you. for my CD days i wear a white Tshirt with a pair of jean. then i have my cap inside my bag.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by dthing1(f): 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
well there wasn't much to like about it especially if you served in a state where being recognised as a corper automatically meant you will be ripped of by any means possible.
i am a size 5 but i got a size six boot, it felt like i was wearing a canoe and as for the jacket, even the tailor i took it to could not savage it. at the end of my service, i gave out my entire kit to prisoners.
my luggage got lighter and i didn't haave eto think of whre to keep the God-Forsaken items
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by donchica(f): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2007
well the kit was very cumbersome considering the hot nija sun!!! angry in camp i dont know what i disliked the most,wether having to wear that hot,low quality kit.fashi the ugg boots na!!!!!my kit i had to fit it in camp and paid thru my nose because there was MAJOR work to be done.after camp sha i only wore the crested vest on cds days,we had a strict z.i. so no way out!!!course i didnt mind after camp because its just for some minutes or so,its better to avoid being sent back abi?in camp i got away with wearing jeans most of the time,and another thing was because i had a sprained ankle i got away with wearing shorts as well.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by jody(f): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2007
I hate myself in the NYSC uniform thing. I feel so horrible in it.Thank God it will soon be over. I will throw the rubbish away.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by yimiton(f): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2007
I had a very good white T.Shirt crested with the NYSC logo. It was different since it was customized. I also had a combact trousers which I didn't mind wearing at all. I also didn't mind wearing the Tenise shoes.

But of course, I didn't wear the original trousers, T.shirt or those Khakis, they are disgusting.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by shagger(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2007
me kit? i hated it with a passion during my service year.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by ow11(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2007
Is it the mirinda boots?
or the badly sewn trousers?

I think the belt was rather cute! grin
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by ndubest(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
.generally most corp members do not like the kit especially if its a poor material
making to expand or contract whenever you wash them
but if your crested vest is the correct one, you will enjoy it

definitely during my service year, i wasnt so much fan of the kit but whenever am travelling, I try to put it on

in fact it save me and some of guys as we were travelling for a meeting and our bus spoilt on the way, a guy just dropped by and asked us if were are corpers, once we answered the basic ajuwayia questions, he gave us a lift and narrated the same experience when he was serving

when we were passing out, i thought about the "IMMUNITY" from police harrassment whenever am travelling with the kits and smiled with nostalgia

corpers wwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee oooooooooo wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by mariejane(f): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2007
Well i got an over sized Kit at camp but thank God there was this very good tailor who mended it to size and did i love wearing it? ABSOLUTELYYYYY!
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by davou4eva(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2007
i can wear it cos i was long overdue for the nysc but was delayed
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by tommyex(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2007
Never liked it.If you served in lagos you ll know that most of them dont like it.
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by tollyfat: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2008
You have spoken.
tommyex:

Never liked it.If you served in lagos you ll know that most of them don't like it.

Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by topkin(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2008
I loved it to a fault! cheesy It made me feel like a king! U'll know what I mean if u served in the north> wink
Re: Do/did You Like/dislike Putting On Your Nysc Kits? by ndubest(m): 11:55am On Jan 09, 2008
top_kin:

I loved it to a fault! cheesy It made me feel like a king! You'll know what I mean if u served in the north> wink

you are right

most A.W.O.L. and GHOST corp members do not like the Khaki

Real corp members do

(1) (Reply)

If You Choose Enugu As Your 1st Or 2nd Or Even 3rd Choice, Let's Meet Here / My Daily Episodes In NYSC Orientation Camp@ Cross River 17A STR 2 / Companies/organisations That Need Corpers In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.