Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Top-secret’ Birthday Bash, Obama Parties With Jay Z, Beyoncé - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top-secret’ Birthday Bash, Obama Parties With Jay Z, Beyoncé (619 Views)

Duncan Mighty Parties With Ladies In Underwear Dress (photo) / Tekno Parties With His Girlfriend, Lola Rae, Amidst Breakup Rumour / DJ Cuppy's Mother, Nana Otedola Parties With Her At Her DJ Booth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top-secret’ Birthday Bash, Obama Parties With Jay Z, Beyoncé by salau01(m): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2016
Visit www.latestforya..com and follow on twitter and Instagram @salau01

On Friday night, President Obama is reportedly set to attend a “top-secret” dance party at the White House. The lavish event, organized by First Lady Michelle Obama, marks the president’s 55th birthday, and the last one he will enjoy as a resident of the White House.

According to Page Six, the guest list includes Usher, Kendrick Lamar (“Obama’s favorite rapper”), Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi, Magic Johnson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, and John Legend. (The Washington Post also floated the names of Oprah Winfrey, Will Ferrell, and Fantasia.)

But the two names that received top billing were none other than Jay Z and Beyoncé.

“All the preparations and the guest list are being kept top-secret,” a source told Page Six. “The plan is to throw a party for the president to really let his hair down. There will be performances and a dance party that will go late into the night. Social media will be banned.”

The White House did not respond to a request for comment, and The Daily Beast was not able to independently confirm the guest list for Obama’s dance party. But the inclusion of Jay Z and Beyoncé would be no surprise: The president, first lady and music’s reigning power couple have been friends—not to mention political allies—for years.

“I’ve gotten to know these guys over the first several years,” Obama told radio host Colby Colb in late 2012, shortly before his re-election. “They’re good people. Beyoncé could not be sweeter to Michelle and the girls. So they’re good friends. We talk about the same things I talk about with all my friends.”

On the eve of election night 2008, Jay Z spoke at a GOTV rally in Virginia urging young voters to cast their ballots. It was one of several pro-Obama events during that cycle that Jay Z headlined.

“I can’t tell you who to vote for—all I can do is tell you to vote on Nov. 4, the most important election that will happen probably in your lifetime,” the rapper said. “Rosa Parks sat so that Martin Luther King could walk. Martin Luther King walked so that Obama could run. Obama’s running so that we all can fly … I can’t wait until Nov. 5 and I’m going to say, ‘Hello, Brother President.’”

(1) (Reply)

Painful Thing Dad Did To Me –eucharia Anunobi / Esther Ene Calls Out Actress Friends Who Failed To Show Up For Her Wedding / See Adekunle Gold's Letter Of Gratitude To Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.