Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived (45388 Views)

Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by tete7000(m): 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
persius555:
seriously, that guy needs to be probed and booted out before he destroys everything about Nigerian as a sporting country. The guy is a misfit.

Which of the ministers is not a misfit? Is it the Over-hyped Barrister Babatunde Raji Fashola who is made to head three big technical ministries - Works, Power and Housing or the lying old man made to head the information ministry? The President himself doesn't posses minimum certificate so you don't expect him to value education or have any regard for professionalism. Some zombies won't agree but facts on the ground don't lie.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by bigsam1992(m): 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
emrain:

Your village in Pluto right?
How did u knw? Very smart prediction
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
News like these gets me really upset. What is it with Nigeria and bad management.!?
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by naptu2: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
abdurrazaq:
Nigeria once play a football match with tracksuit trousers cut with scissors. What is left in our memory is the victory and not the outfit.
Even if they wear Secondary school uniform, what matters most is their performance.
Hopefully, these delays, errors and ill-preparedness will spur the team to attain greater heights

Nigeria 7-1 Burkina Faso in 1991. 4 goals by Yekini and a fantastic performance by Finidi. I was very happy. The coach of Burkina Faso had been boasting in the media just a few days before the game.

An official forgot the team's shorts at their camp (Obasanjo Farms, Ota), so Yekini suggested that they should cut the trousers of their tracksuits and use that. The official hurried to Ota and brought the shorts before the start of the second half.

The NFA board was dissolved because of that incident.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by rrhostomy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
But these leaders can go on Jamboree travelling but they can't arrange for ordinary delivery of outfit. What a waste

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Sirwallace(m): 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
The big dealio is, we shouldn't have been in the Olympic in the first place. Why waste the tax payers money just because you wanna save the country image at the expense of the common man on the street. The president said we are broke and couldn't pay for the luxury of the Olympic campaign and we decided to go just to show face and come back empty handed like the last Olympic.
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Tinyemeka(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
I BLAME BUHARI!

Insult me and this shall be your last sleep.
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
If After all this charade, Buhari refuse to sack Dalung na den I go agree say baba useless true true. Dalung just failed in what will go as his most important engagement... There will be no other Olympics for him... plus his handling of Keshi burial to his gutter press briefing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
somebody don swallow the money meant for the wears for the opening ceremony.naija fantastical corruption in action.i just hope those yeye oga at the top dont swallow the allowance meant for the athletes as well.
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
When incompetent people are at the helm of affairs, this is what you get
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by willibounce1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
This Dalung man has always been acting funny since the day he was appointed. Going up and down in some funny looking attire looking like a clown. If the president is not going to sack him, then he should be warned seriously to take his job serious. They need to ban him from wearing all those annoying man o war uniform and a beret. He should dress like a sane human being and do what is right.
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Eluwilussit(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
the players

OK. Make them win first.
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by phranq(m): 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
will u shut up, na buhari be chairman NOC? Abi na him be sport minister. Mtcheeeeeew

he is neither d two but he oversees the two. so...explain dat

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by HammerTheirPapa(f): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
manneger2:

it took him six good months to appoint the retired man o war barret man as sports minister and u open ur smelling mouth to ask me if buhari is sports minister, I'm not surprise U are probably Aboki cos Aboki and Zombie #UKnowDPix

you mean this pix? grin

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by SharkTank(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
will u shut up, na buhari be chairman NOC? Abi na him be sport minister. Mtcheeeeeew

No Na him be President. Ewu
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by SharkTank(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
u just sit there and talk like smone who didn't pass through primary skull,who is incharge of the olympic team? No be NOC. Is it the direct responsibility of the president?,when there re other pressing and more important matters to attend to. Wat is the work of NOC if the president is to take responsibility for the olympic team.

Ur mate they rio dey represent their country, u dey here dey kill ur self of hatred, mumu

And you aren't a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Emmatdayo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
SharkTank:

No Na him be President. Ewu
ur mama na ewu
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by SharkTank(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
ur mama na ewu

Wasted spermatozoa
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Emmatdayo(m): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
SharkTank:

Wasted spermatozoa
lol, IPOB yooooot will always show them selves grin
SharkTank:

Wasted spermatozoa
lol, IPOB yooooot will always show them selves
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by kingkhalifaISIS(m): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
BUHARI government is a man made disaster if u believe click like if you don't click share... let's go
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Kobicove(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:

You too shut up...

Ultimately the president is responsible because he appointed incompetent people to administer sports in Nigeria! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by kelechi17(m): 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
abdurrazaq:
Nigeria once play a football match with tracksuit trousers cut with scissors. What is left in our memory is the victory and not the outfit.
Even if they wear Secondary school uniform, what matters most is their performance.
Hopefully, these delays, errors and ill-preparedness will spur the team to attain greater heights
ekpaa I'm sure dats Hw u ppl on ur bokoharam zone see tinz
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Mecheble: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Please can anyone in the house help me.. i a five bedroom bungalow in my which is at lintel level now .. i want to know what it will cost to parapet and roofing ..my engineer is driving me crazy with his estimate .. u can inbox me laurenmeche@yahoo.com.. if u re expert i need ur estimate if possible ur phone no. Thanks and God blesd nja
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by kenchylala: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:

What has he said or his office response too all these happenings? He neva sack dat minister since
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by pamcode(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
abdurrazaq:
I can't believe what am seeing. They are humans with feelings for God sake, things like this demoralises a person, what it Would mean to them is that the country does not give a flying damn about them,so what happens If they get seriously ill or injured it likely they would be abandoned to their fate.
Imagine more than quarter of the team are born and bred overseas and mark this post If we ever get a medal and it not from football it Would be for those overseas bred Athletico.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by breakeven: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emmatdayo:
The leader takes the blame. APC and their bleeped up government should take the blame. undecided
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by robosky02(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
MENZPRIDE:
I think the official uniform was TECHNICALLY ready but the transportation arrangement became INCONCLUSIVE...

this is grammer

if it didn't dey, it didn't dey simple

what is technical there or will they wear "technical"

the sports minister bears the bulk of this show of shame

I have NEVER seen this in all of my sporting life

everything about sports has been messed up.the footballer got their berely 6 hours to the match if not for personal determination

shame, shame Nigeria government all in the sports sector and the minister should be sacked

apc govt ntor...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Irishrena1(f): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
I don't think it can ever get worse for us as an entity again. We've really weathered this poo and it's the worst that we will ever weather
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by Rexnegro(m): 1:20am On Aug 07, 2016
olaniyi0:
that happens when oga at top and his foolish wife don't care about d country, but where is this beret man sef or didn't he knw dat our athletes travel to rio? oga gan o.
must we always blame the president in Nigeria for everything?he's no sport president alone na...at least there's a minister in charge of sport...if Am pmb i did sack who disgrace this Country Not doing his/her work assigned for accordingly....like You said where's The sport minister?
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:11am On Aug 07, 2016
This is not Hajia outfit nah, it would have been ready and well package a year even before ceremony, infact the tin go don already they their neck 3 days before ceremony
Re: Nigeria wore Tracksuits At Rio Opening Ceremony; Official outfit never arrived by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:12am On Aug 07, 2016
This is not Hajia outfit nah, it would have been ready and well package a year even before ceremony, infact the tin go don already they their neck 3 days before ceremony
Rexnegro:
must we always blame the president in Nigeria for everything?he's no sport president alone na...at least there's a minister in charge of sport...if Am pmb i did sack who disgrace this Country Not doing his/her work assigned for accordingly....like You said where's The sport minister?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter And Kasper Schmeichel Premier League Records Of Father & Son / Keshi Sacked By NFF / Man Bathing Publicly In Onitsha Because Of Chelsea-Leicester Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.