Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,295 members, 7,867,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. (42697 Views)

Igbos React As SARS Men Are Spotted With Guns, Ammos & Mags For Anambra Election / Igbos React, Rain Abuses On Nnamdi Kanu Over Weak Jonathan Remarks / Orji Uzor Kalu To Igbos: "Forget Biafra And Unite With Nigeria", Igbos Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by timpaker(m): 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nairaland is using its medium to turn Nigerians against one another.

The topic reads "Igbos react" instead of "Nigerians react". Are the igbos in a country of their own?

Cc. Seun cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Do You see how those intellectual Igbos replied GEJ without insults. Intelligent people welcome contrary opinion and analyse it. IPOB take note. You don't build bridge with "Take it or Leave it" mentality. People will suspect your motives if you do that. .TO GEJ- One Nigeria should not be by force.

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
Victorvexz:
That moment when a big tribe like Igbo is always seen as a minority, when they are now at the bottom of pecking order, that even the Ijaw have a say on national issues more than them, they start requesting for the country to divide because they know that they have lost all relevance since after the biafran war. No wonder their frustration. Its so funny that out of the more than 350 ethnic groups in Nigeria, it's only the Igbo tribe that are want to break up Nigeria because they have lost. The funniest part of it is that nobody even cares to listen to their frustration, because we all know that they can do nothing on their own, so we just watch and laugh them. Lol, it really sucks to be Igbo right now

Ignorance and insane mindset has really overwhelmed your mental status.I really don't see what I benefit from one Nigeria.A messed up country that derives pleasure from subjecting her citizens to abject poverty,If you're truely proud of Nigeria,something is actually wrong with you.

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by repogirl(f): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ofcourse Na, that is his belief. The man is a true federalist! He ran an all encompassing government, no doubt...even trying to favour others to the detriment of his own, just because he needed peace to reign.

A huge difference from this our king in the North , the demarcator, 97 % are the Nigiriyans while 5% are from another planet but when you need their resources, they become one Nigiriya again.

Sai one Nigiriya.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Topmostt: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emyogalanya:
And to think igbos are tagged as gej sore followers who are reacting to his failure. Hear this biafra is not about gej's loss, even if kanu denounces biafra he will get the same treatment from biafrans. Even if apc/Nigeria give rochas president, or build 100 bridges in se, even if they paint all our streets with gold and allow us have fellowship inside mosque. Even if they will take all the oil we are no longer interested in one Nigeria. We want out.
You have a point bro. I have taken time to think about things and I have come to the conclusion that its not just about what the government can do for us the Igbos. Deep down I wish Nigeria Divides, they can keep the oil if they can.

If 3 children are born , one from Igbo , Hausa and Yoruba and they are put in an island without any idea or knowledge of what has happened about Nigeria, they will still grow up not wanting to live together with each other . I have noticed that this resentment is innate and natural. Division is best for everyone .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by DabuIIIT: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
the comments are from the ugwu republicans, so, we are not surprised or worried about the senselessness in it

farmer today
architect tomorrow
parasite forever
keep it up,when u get to 70 t'wud be fine and interesting to be da only thing,property to bequeath to ur 'shildren',that is if that woman finally agrees outta desparation..

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by YungMillionaire: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
cool GEJ was also a divisive President. Remember when he went around the country saying 'Igbos were the backbone of his administration.' That was a very divisive thing to say. Similar to Buhari's 5% statement. cool

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You should know that I don't worship any of the political elite... I belong to the masses

Noted!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Topmostt: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
YungMillionaire:
cool GEJ was also a divisive President. Remember when he went around the country saying 'Igbos were the backbone of his administration.' That was a very divisive thing to say. Similar to Buhari's 5% statement. cool
There is nothing divisive about that Sir. He could prove his point then with reasons and examples. But saying you would only focus on the 97 that voted you is a shame. In saner climes, the president would have apologised

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by achi4u(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
Jonathan that betrayed Ndi Igbo? I don't even know he still exit anymore. So many things he failed to addressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Victorvexz(m): 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
nyben4eva:

Ignorance and insane mindset has really overwhelmed your mental status.I really don't see what I benefit from one Nigeria.A messed up country that derives pleasure from subjecting her citizens to abject poverty,If you're truely proud of Nigeria,something is actually wrong with you.
How can u benefit from Nigeria when u have lost everything after the war. There was a time igbos were the once clamoring for one Nigeria with Azikiwe, that was when the going was good and Igbo dominated politically. But since the war ended, thing have changed, and u re now at the bottom. Sorry for u bro, I understand ur frustrations, u will only rant, u and ur tribe cannot do anything to undermine Nigeria unity, I challenge u and ur tribe today. Anyway take heart, it really suck to be ur tribe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Malawian(m): 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
ManMountain:
I don't know we still have quite reasonable amount of Igbos that can debate and marshal their points without a recourse to insults like these iPob idiots that litters NL.
the reason why "they" shout here is because here is a shouting arena. cool cool they are just letting you know that they can mix it anyway you want.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Victorvexz(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emyogalanya:
And to think igbos are tagged as gej sore followers who are reacting to his failure. Hear this biafra is not about gej's loss, even if kanu denounces biafra he will get the same treatment from biafrans. Even if apc/Nigeria give rochas president, or build 100 bridges in se, even if they paint all our streets with gold and allow us have fellowship inside mosque. Even if they will take all the oil we are no longer interested in one Nigeria. And yes even if ojukwu comes from the dead along with Jesus to persuade us to forget about biafra , we won't. We want out.
Hahaha, who cares? Nobody will give u the things u list above, and u will still be in Nigeria, whether u like it or not, there is nothing u can do about it except to rant because u and ur tribe are frustrated losers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by YungMillionaire: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
Topmostt:

There is nothing divisive about that Sir. He could prove his point then with reasons and examples. But saying you would only focus on the 97 that voted you is a shame. In saner climes, the president would have apologised

cool I disagree with you. In a country with 350 different tribes the President picking one tribe out for praise from his Presidential pulpit is VERY DIVISIVE. Both GEJ and Buhari should have apologized. They are both divisive. cool

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Andy1985ng(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
Kuwait is almost the same size as Lagos, Ogun and Osun put together.

All they have is oil. They have assembly plants to put up cars. They import food from other nations because of the desert terrain and high temperature of the region and they have one religion (Islam)

Google "the strongest currencies in the world" and the top 10 on the list will shock you.

http://www.profitconfidential.com/u-s-dollar/the-10-most-expensive-currency/

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
YungMillionaire:
is that why you people hated him and voted mainly for Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by ghostmist: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
the comments are from the ugwu republicans, so, we are not surprised or worried about the senselessness in it
What exactly is "SENSELESS" in those replies??

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by idk016(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
I may not have genuine access to real classified information as regards the 'true exitence' of 'Nigeria' as a nation. But, I for one; will suggest that the ealier our leaders start to accept and restructure, redesign the 'Map' of this mistake 'entity' the better for every party involeved.
My take anyway....

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by krissconnect(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
;DOfficialy a nairalander. Since 2 years I've bn a guest here shocked how many likes to welcome me? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by YungMillionaire: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
is that why you people hated him and voted mainly for Buhari?

cool Who is 'you people'? GEJ lost because he was seen by MOST Nigerians as 'weak' in the face of Boko Haram. MOST Nigerians were excited about a Military General (Buhari) coming in to wipe out the Boko Haram menace. That election was decided on national security. cool

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Victorvexz:
That moment when a big tribe like Igbo is always seen as a minority, when they are now at the bottom of pecking order, that even the Ijaw have a say on national issues more than them, they start requesting for the country to divide because they know that they have lost all relevance since after the biafran war. No wonder their frustration. Its so funny that out of the more than 350 ethnic groups in Nigeria, it's only the Igbo tribe that are want to break up Nigeria because they have lost. The funniest part of it is that nobody even cares to listen to their frustration, because we all know that they can do nothing on their own, so we just watch and laugh them. Lol, it really sucks to be Igbo right now
Ozu why not grant them their own country instead of forcing to remain with the zoo.I insure u that without the almighty Igbo in Nigeria Sudan and Niger will be like U.S.A to 2 ur zoo

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Topmostt: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Victorvexz:

How can u benefit from Nigeria when u have lost everything after the war. There was a time igbos were the once clamoring for one Nigeria with Azikiwe, that was when the going was good and Igbo dominated politically. But since the war ended, thing have changed, and u re now at the bottom. Sorry for u bro, I understand ur frustrations, u will only rant, u and ur tribe cannot do anything to undermine Nigeria unity, I challenge u and ur tribe today. Anyway take heart, it really suck to be ur tribe
Do not beat your chest any further Sir. You can go and study all the countries that got divided, it doesn't just happen at the blow of the whistle. Division of this country is something that must surely happen (99 % likely), maybe not today but certainly. unless .......

Nl is really changing me ooo. can't believe I am spending time typing these things.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Yyeske(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
achi4u:
Jonathan that betrayed Ndi Igbo? I don't even know he still exit anymore. So many things he failed to addressed.
So on point but funny enough so many of our people still look up to him as a kind of demigod.
That guy was and will forever remain a disaster that was pushed off before calamity struck.
Another thing is GEJ, the Ijaw people and the SS generally had moved on after the defeat but the vengeful IPOB miscreants won't just let go.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by krissconnect(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
Can you pls shut up? kiss
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Victorvexz(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Topmostt:

Do not beat your chest any further Sir. You can go and study all the countries that got divided, it doesn't just happen at the blow of the whistle. Division of this country is something that must surely happen (99 % likely), maybe not today but certainly. unless .......

Nl is really changing me ooo. can't believe I am spending time typing these things.
When u re ready to outgun the Nigerian military, u can have ur country, I am 100% certain that no Nigeria president will surrender any territory to anyone without A fight, until then, keep on ranting
and chest beating. The day reality will hit u, u will be surprised

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
Dragonking:
There are several educated igbos that can debate reasonably without insults, it is just the brainwashed ipob youths that are the insulting ones. Those ones don't reason, their own is to insult and abuse anyone that opposes their views
you behave like one from your comment
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
I like the way they responded to him in a very matured way. I swear Igbos love Jonathan no be small.

As per his submission, he's entitled to it especially as a former president and a nationalist but i believe the point he made about smaller components being forgotten by the world is misguided. I don't think any country cares so much about being remembered as long as they are progressing and their citizens are being catered for.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by ghostmist: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
Victorvexz:
Now lemme correct something in your post...

Igbos do not want to break the country, we just want to govern our affairs and chart our course in life. Seeing that these cannot be fully and quickly realized within the Nigerian state; the best option is for us to opt out.

take a dispassionate look at the country "NIGERIA" do you honestly believe that given the ethnic politics and varying interests of the ethnic groups within the country, that we are truly ever going to become developed like the west...?

the igbos are sticklers for the truth... we hate to live under a lie.

Nigeria's problem isn't corruption but the overriding ethnic interests of her component parts, which is trying to tear her apart. this is the root cause of why the country is currently crippled.

10 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by BIDOO(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
freeze001:
I wonder why some people are just tripped about this large size. US ut because Nigeria is addressed as Giant of Africa? If component units that make up this large size are not properly carried along and granted substantial autonomy due to stark ethnic differences which translates to varied modes n levels of reasoning, this humongous size will cause d inevitable collapse of d entire structure under its own weight!

GEJ needs to be more pragmatic n objective at this time. His PhD should come into play now so he can think outside d box and work out ingenious m liberating solutions rather than running around in d same circle and remaining stuck in a rut. The world will forget? What are we being remembered for now? Fantastic corruption and inexplicable inability to govern n develop oneself? Oh puhleeeeze!!

just chill and try to reemphasize the point been raised over there, look beyond the limit and see the bright side of this quote.
fragmentation into small component will do more harm than good to us as a nation.
remember that together will stand divided will fall, sudan can never be the same again.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by anataala: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
but in NL 95% are same only 5% are reasonable so a lot have to be done, because majority carries the vote.
Dragonking:
There are several educated igbos that can debate reasonably without insults, it is just the brainwashed ipob youths that are the insulting ones. Those ones don't reason, their own is to insult and abuse anyone that opposes their views
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by Victorvexz(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
ghostmist:
Now lemme correct something in your post...

Igbos do not want to break the country, we just want to govern our affairs and chart our course in life. Seeing that these cannot be fully and quickly realized within the Nigerian state; the best option is for us to opt out.

take a dispassionate look at the country "NIGERIA" do you honestly believe that given the ethnic politics and varying interests of the ethnic groups within the country, that we are truly ever going to become developed like the west...?

the igbos are sticklers for the truth... we hate to live under a lie.

Nigeria's problem isn't corruption but the overriding ethnic interests of her component parts, which is trying to tear her apart. this is the root cause of why the country is currently crippled.
Sorry, but u are also guilty of the same thing. U are only interested in Igbo development, just like other ethnic groups do. So stop accusing everyone of what ur tribe is guilty of. U all are doing this because u can't compete with other tribes, u have lost all relevance. Is it any wonder why the Niger delta minorities like itsekiri, urhobo etc are not complaining, but a big tribe like Igbo is always complaining, is it not a disgrace?

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. by freeze001(f): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
BIDOO:

just chill and try to reemphasize the point been raised over there, look beyond the limit and see the bright side of this quote.
fragmentation into small component will do more harm than good to us as a nation.
remember that together will stand divided will fall, sudan can never be the same again.

I did not advocate total balkanization into separate countries like Sudan n South Sudan. I am more inclined towards arrangements like the USA or UK. Outright separation will still be way better than this current feeding bottle arrangement. Regions and federating units have got to pull their own weight cos right now the FG is just to unitary and unwieldy.

There are also more prosperous examples of sovereign countries that used to be part of a whole so Sudan mustn't be 'our portion'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Members Use Tinubu Buses To Campaign For Atiku In The North (Videos) / 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos / Cows Strayed Into Wole Soyinka’s Land But He Wasn’t Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.