Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Educational Path For An Aspiring Politician - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Path For An Aspiring Politician (414 Views)

Are You An Aspiring Student Of University Of Nigeria (UNN) 17/18 Session?come In / Help Choose A Career Path For An Agric. Engineering Stdnt / Are You An Aspiring Java Programmer ? Here's Great News For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Educational Path For An Aspiring Politician by housestark: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm a guy in my early 20s, B. Sc. Economics, finished NYSC last year October 2015 and secured employment in the financial services industry in February 2016. I've always been called to lead wherever I find myself and this skewed my mind to always want to serve people on a large scale, to directly be involved in the decisions that can affect everyone.

As I grew up,it became obvious that in Nigeria, one can't get into such a position without money, connections or both. I don't have much of both plus I believe that it'll make the sponsors/connectors too influential over me hence my reason for not wanting this approach.

I then thought to myself: Can someone make it into political limelight by towing the political path like masters in politically related courses. I'm presently in a dilemma as to whether or not to take a Masters in History and Strategic Studies in UNILAG, it's the only part time course available that's politically related after which I plan to proceed for international exposure by God's grace (I'm talking Hertie School of Governance, INSEAD, University of Tel Aviv, University of Geneva kind of schools). I believe this can help me get into places like the UN, WHO etc after which my state may call me for apppointments or the FG can give me a portfolio after which my efficiency on the job can take me higher.

What do you think, is the right path? Am I thinking wishfully or too simplistically? I'll appreciate your view on this please.

Thanks.

I was inspired to post this after someone put up Jibrin's profile, that is the kind of vision I have for myself by God's grace. The man is not even up to 40

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy / Fascinating Facts About Stars / Amazing Similarities You Need To Know Between Billionaire School Drop-outs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.