Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Mind Your Business! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mind Your Business! (357 Views)

Mind Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mind Your Business! by ACKCITY: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2016
“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.” Matthew 7:1-2

Since all of us sin then no one is most justified than the other. So when you condemn that brother or sister because he or she did something you feel they shouldn’t have done, then you have judged that person.

If for instance you heard about someone who stole money and in your bedroom you say something like- “I knew he was going to become a thief, you can tell by the look on his face!”

Hmm, you have judged that person, it’s the same way you will be judged even if it is a small mistake you made as small as breaking a traffic sign or just having a small relational problem with your spouse. Someone can say, “I know he would do this, he looks so wicked” even if that was the first time you are committing the offense.

This is even in a much smaller term; if you kill someone because they did something you perceive to be wrong, the same way you will be judged. If you don’t face a firing squad term, you can be killed by a hit and run car and people will be wondering how could he have died just like that? It’s because he has killed someone you didn’t know of!

Don’t judge anyone; allow the law to do it and God who is the owner of all to be the judge.

Leave that bad person alone! The best you can do for them is to preach to them, teach them the ways of God, and lead them to God through your own behaviors and lifestyle.

The bible says, “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?”
“How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye; when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye” Matthew 7:3-5

Many of us are good critics, we know how to see the faults in other people but we have never admitted our own faults.

How great you are! What makes you think you are better than that other fellow? You call him a smoker- and you drink alcohol. You say because alcohol is legalized and because he smokes marijuana he is going to die of cancer! But the alcohol you take can also harm you liver and even kidney, why not first stop drinking then try to convince that your brother to stop smoking.

You hear of news of an embezzling governor and you are the first to shout and say they are stealing our billions, but in the company where you work you keep stealing money, you say no one knows because it is just one thousand I take every weekend, no God sees it even if your MD doesn’t!

You take a loan from your corporate office and refuse to pay back because you left the job! Then you hear of an MD that took loans running into billions and you call her a thief, are you not also a thief? Okay maybe the level of stealing is different but you also are a thief.

You say your siblings are disrespectful to you, how have you honored your own parents and all others older than you?

The bible says, “Remove that log in your own eyes, then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eyes”

When you wake up in the morning; you have speckle in your eye and you don’t see well until you have washed your eyes. Now you wake up in the morning with all the speckles in your eye you tell your brother- “Hey go remove off your eyes those speckles!” when you haven’t done yours!

Praise God!

May God open our eyes to understand his ways and teachings, in Jesus name, amen!
Prayer: God help me to open my eyes to receive the truth about you, let me be a doer of Your word. Help me to accept You unconditionally. From today, open my eyes to do things right in Jesus name, amen.

See more >>http://citofgod..com/2016/08/mind-your-business.html

(1) (Reply)

Real Angel Saves Man From A Sure Death Accident Situation-truenaijayarn / Pray Over Every Decision / Contemporary Issues Pervading Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.