Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? (696 Views)

Researchers Shut Down AI That Invented Its Own Language / Giant Archeological Pot Discovered In Kano By Well Diggers PIX / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
One ignorant friend of mine and i were having a hot argument, i even thought he was joking until the argument got heated....

Mine point is that, electricity has been existing right from time indefinite....It has been existing even naturally....

The lightning that comes form thunderstorm is a form of electricity, the electric caftfish also possess a great amount of electricity, even ancient people had knowledge of electricity.

It is such a shame that most people are ignorant of this ( like that friend of mine ).
He was even telling me that Michael Faraday invented Electricity, Lol...grin...Can you believe it?......he Only discovered it.

So my people i want your views on this...

Electricity discovered or invented?..

cc seun lalasticlala
mkmyers45, UjSizzle
Re: Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? by KELVINXY: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
either way both of you are right.

Cus you have to discover before you can harness(invent) and that's putting it into good use.
Re: Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? by CountDracula(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ure right abt electricity being discovered but Actually, ure no better dan ur friend, ure both ignorant... 1st of all, faraday DID NOT discover electricity, the ancient greeks of about 2000years ago discovered dat rubbing amber on fur caused a sort of attractive energy...called electricity, 2nd, Faraday dealt wit electrochemistry. Electricity is a form of energy, energy doesn't get "invented" if anybody went to basic science sch u wud know dat
Re: Electricity : Discovered Or Invented? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
CountDracula:
Ure right abt electricity being discovered but Actually, ure no better dan ur friend, ure both ignorant... 1st of all, faraday DID NOT discover electricity, the ancient greeks of about 2000years ago discovered dat rubbing amber on fur caused a sort of attractive energy...called electricity, 2nd, Faraday dealt wit electrochemistry. Electricity is a form of energy, energy doesn't get "invented" if anybody went to basic science sch u wud know dat

u are ignorant too, at least you could see that i wrote "ancient people there."

(1) (Reply)

6 Of The Best And Amazing Ways To Send Large Files Online / Encouraging The Killing Of Wildlife Destroys Our Earth (Photos) / See How To Get Free 750MB Data And 120 Minutes Worth Of Airtime On MTN Prestige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.