Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,513 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Stones Thrown By Glasshouse Dwellers (Oluwole Samuel) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stones Thrown By Glasshouse Dwellers (Oluwole Samuel) (363 Views)

Rukkayya, Wife Of Abdulmumini Dame Thrown Out Of His House After His Death (Pics / Senator Ojudu Abandons Daughter, Moremi Ojudu Over Facebook Post - Ajayi Oluwole / Soldier Survives 3 Rocket Grenades Thrown At Him By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stones Thrown By Glasshouse Dwellers (Oluwole Samuel) by CertifiedNaija(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
Stones Thrown By Glasshouse Dwellers

I remember during my teenage years, if I was asked: Wole in what profession would you want to pursue a career?

And I answered: I would like to be Nigerian President
I remember some folks would say," no, not in Nigeria politics where lives are often shortened as a result of unhealthy competition but if it were to be foreign countries then you could pursue that (as if these countries do not have their woes), while some other folks with hackneyed view of leadership and sacrifices would say, alright we will all go and share the national cake
Yet Nigerian politics of today is yet to correct these dangerous perspectives of the on-lookers and future aspirants of public offices.

My View of Nigerian Politics As Practiced Today
When we heard of "change" we were all jubilating for a possibility of improvement politically, economically and security wise but we are yet to see a result that commensurate our expectations. But rather we see a focus of political instruments and ammunition on the fight against corruption which is actually laudable but selective and could be called its new media name "witch hunting". Why? most of the targeted culprits are members of the opposition party while members of the ruling party are viewed somewhat as saints who could not have sinned by engaging in money laundering or probably as untouchable by the anti-graft agencies. Laughably, we all see some foul play in some APC states but nothing as effective probing is done in this regard. Even though we heard of a governor being invited by the EFCC at some point, but we never heard the outcome of the invitation. Enough of this! What we want is a circumference of the fight against corruption whose coverage encompasses every soul that has appeared to be a canker worm in Nigerian political system, that is, one devoid of nepotism and bias.

Also, the opposition party and erstwhile ruling party also in its contributions to the devastating situation of Nigerian economy and political system now calls on Nigerians to turn their back on the ruling party basing its premises on the current economic situations, arrears of salary to workers. Forgetting that Nigerians are no longer foolish or ignorant about the state of the economy and about the roles it played in its 16 years of rule. Some of us know that the current situation is the consequence of External economic shock (crash in oil price) to which little could be done to correct from within, within a short time, but which could have been averted a long time ago if they had heeded the call to diversify the Nigerian economy rather than making it an economy that is solely dependent on the proceeds from oil. I heard a Ghanaian official say when oil was discovered in commercial quantity he said and I quote: " Ghana will not make the mistake made by Nigeria". A statement which was attacked from every quarters but now we can by ourselves see the results of this mistake, while others could be attributed to mismanagement and lack of prowess for selfless leadership.

Well, the aforementioned is not to justify non payment of salaries to workers ,nor to attack or favour anyone or to reinforce the current trend of pointing accusing fingers to people while ignoring the job at hand in creating a better life to all Nigerians through the offices held by our political stewards and representatives but telling all and sundries concerned to give the DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY as promised ,while the opposition parties are to serve as effective watchdog and not one with schemes and devices to favour their selfish interests.

I am optimistic for a better Nigeria but that depends on our leaders' disposition towards achieving this better Nigeria.

Oluwole Samuel

www.certifiednaija.com/2016/08/stones-thrown-by-glasshouse-dwellers.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi, Clerics Extol Late Mrs. Onoh’s Virtues / Again, Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community, Kill Catholic Seminarian / NNATARAONYE POURS HIS HEART OUT TO WIFE, NNEOMA OKOROCHA AND OTHERS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.