Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. (1812 Views)

Moneytaker Hackers Reportedly Steal £7.5m From Atms / 4 Email Etiquettes Most People Ignore / 20 Amazing Facts About The Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by Lovetinz(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
* Hitachi once produced an ATM that heated bills to 200 degrees C to kill any bacteria, then ironed them before dispensing.

* There is a single ATM in Antarctica, operated by Wells Fargo Bank. It takes Wells Fargo ten months to prepare to service its ATM, and the employee sent must undergo a psychological evaluation in case they are stranded in Antarctica when flights are cancelled for the season.

* ATM PINs were originally intended to have six digits, but have four because the inventor's wife said she could only remember that many.

* The phrases 'PIN Number' and 'ATM Machine' are both examples of 'RAS Syndrome', or Redundant Acronym Syndrome Syndrome.

* There are gold plated ATMs in various countries that dispense gold bars (first ATM was located in Abu Dhabi). The machines are fitted "like an armored vehicle" and tested with explosives to prevent theft.

* The Vatican City is home to the world's only ATM that gives instructions in Latin.

* 11% of people have 1234 as their ATM pins; The least popular ATM pin was 8068.

Article: Quora, Image: Google

Re: Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by wunmi2odun(m): 12:10am On Aug 07, 2016
Wake me up when this hit FP
Re: Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by phetto(m): 12:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by misterjosh(m): 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by Malefactor(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2017
wunmi2odun:
I guess you've asleep for months. Wake up please. It didn't happen.
Re: Some Facts About Automated Teller Machines (atms) That Most People Don't Know. by Malefactor(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2017
wunmi2odun:
I guess you've asleep for months. Wake up please. It didn't happen.

(1) (Reply)

Laptops For Sale (great Specs And Prices) / Thump Print Machine For Sale Price Very Affordable (photos Attached ) / Urgently In Need Of Ccna Materials And Tricks On How To Pass The Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.