Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

About Religious Intolerance In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Religious Intolerance In Nigeria (476 Views)

Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations / Religious Intolerance: Here Are discriminatory Signs In Saudi Arabia / About Religious Intolerance In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About Religious Intolerance In Nigeria by Barayeks(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
Let’s talk about religious intolerance. I’m sure you’ve read about the woman who was killed recently at Abuja for preaching. Her offence was ‘disturbing’ the neighborhood so I guess she deserved to die gruesomely for that. There was a case before that at Kano of a woman who was stoned to death simply for asking certain people not to perform their ablution in front of her shop. Her offence was tagged ‘blasphemy’ and I guess she deserved to die gruesomely as well since Allah needs us humans to tell him when he should be offended and even help him carry out punishing. People like to talk down this issue saying it’s the poor and uneducated ones who carry out the killings and have this mindset because they are easily brainwashed, but this isn’t completely true. There’s Farouk mutallab who studied engineering at the university college, London. His father was once a minister so they had access to a lot of stolen funds, in other words he was rich as well. He lived in a house worth about 2million dollars yet in 2009 he tried to detonate a bomb in a plane carrying over 200 people. We can’t blame poverty or illiteracy here can we? If someone can get hacked to death for preaching in the capital of a country that claims to be secular it won’t be out of place to say we are fooling ourselves. I know it seems like I’m talking more about Muslims like they are the only ones who are intolerant of other religions, the truth is they are. Christians will never attack a mosque and beat up people in there because they are calling for prayers too loud the way a church was raided during service recently for ‘singing to loud'. There are Muslims far down in my home town in Nembe, Bayelsa, living peaceful. They even have a place to pray even though there are no bayelsan Muslims. I can’t say the same about Christians living in areas dominated by Muslims. You’ll be scared of coughing too loud so it won’t get tagged ‘blasphemy’, religious crisis and killings can spring up any day and you’d be the scapegoat. I can go on forever but let me end this by saying our Muslim brothers need to learn how to tolerate other religions. #letsTalkAboutItBARA

(1) (Reply)

What I Think About The Sham Called Religion / Marriage And Voodoo / Video: Mikel Obi Is A Failure, He Can No Longer Perform - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.