Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan (19987 Views)

Bishop John Ibenu And Gabriel Aduku Escape Assassination In Kogi / Mend's Charles Okah Fakes Escape From Custody (pics) / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2016
Former president Goodluck Jonathan has raised the alarm that the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND) are unrelenting in their “heinous plot” to eliminate him.
Jonathan also denied sponsorship of any militant group including the Niger Delta Avengers in a statement signed by his Media Aide, Ikechukwu Eze yesterday.

He described the allegation by one Cynthia White, purportedly from MEND, as “too cheap and false”.
He said the “violent and murderous underground” group led by one Henry Okah, which he said had not hidden its intention to destroy him and had made several attempts in the past to eliminate him had not achieved its aim because of God’s protection upon his life.
“For the avoidance of doubt, we are fully convinced that such an idiotic claim is too cheap a narrative, a facile contrivance so badly concocted that any discerning mind would easily see through its disingenuous and duplicitous nature.
“We, therefore, have no doubt in our mind that MEND, as a group contracted to go after Jonathan with the mind of assassinating him, is yet to abandon this criminal and ignominious craving.
“It is in this light that we view the purported statement issued by ‘Cynthia White’ as not only a sadistic continuation of this sick desire, but also a futile attempt to instigate the federal government to needlessly go after the former President.
“Those who have been following the unsavoury developments in some parts of the country since the last general elections, especially the ones that held in the South-south states, would have noticed that the ‎nefarious MEND, their pay masters and other unscrupulous elements in the region, have been striving fruitlessly to exploit the ensuing ‎confusion, by surreptitiously working for the fulfilment of its yet-to-be declared political agenda.
“It is our considered view that the statement in question is an off-shoot of that ignoble plan, this ‎time plotting to rubbish and torpedo the ongoing peace efforts in the region,” the statement said.
“We are not under any illusion that more accusations and allegations of this nature would not be hurled Jonathan’s way in the future, especially as his enemies appear to have perfected the act of throwing mud each time his profile gains added impetus and acclaim,” it added

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/mend-still-after-my-life/158223.html

1 Like

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by ConqueredWest: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Even Buhari can't touch you without losing his life.
The best Democratic President Nigeria ever had

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by a2personal2013: 5:32am On Aug 08, 2016
We believe you sir, and hope for a better Nigeria for all

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Freegift75: 5:33am On Aug 08, 2016
K
Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by fiizznation: 5:55am On Aug 08, 2016
The thing is; like almost all the supposed 'leaders' in the Niger/delta are sympathetic to the riffraffs that called themselves avengers, including you Mr Jonathan. You people were roundly beaten and soundly defeated in the last election, so you guys are still finding it hard to move on. Oh but guess what; you can bomb your lands from now till thy-kingdom-come, it will still never make buhari relinquish his powers to some dumb miscreants.

Many of my like minds actually don't even care about the sponsors of the so-called avengers, because we know they are just destroying their lands and polluting their waters, plus the gas flaring they are endangering their kids to, but nobody will be allowed to blackmail the presidency with that childish nonsense called avenging.

The avenging should be restricted to Niger/delta and any other region that is interested in joining the avenging jubilee.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by cktheluckyman: 5:59am On Aug 08, 2016
fiizznation:
The thing is; like almost all the supposed 'leaders' in the Niger/delta are sympathetic to the riffraffs that called themselves avengers, including you Mr Jonathan. You people were roundly beated and defeated in the last election, so you guys are still finding it hard to move on. Oh but guess what; you can bomb your lands from now till thy-kingdom-come, it will still never make buhari relinquish his powers to some dumb miscreants.

Many of my like minds actually don't even care about the sponsors of the so-called avengers, because we know they are just destroying their lands and polluting their waters, plus the gas flaring they are endangering their kids to, but we won't allow anybody to blackmail the presidency with that childish nonsense called avenging.

The avenging should be restricted to Niger/delta and any other region that is interested in joining the avenging jubilee.
Enough of these rants Shebi you people claimed Jonathan was weak against book haram and Buhari is the new sheriff in town? He should go ahead and annihilate the avengers and stop whining

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by fiizznation: 6:07am On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Enough of these rants Shebi you people claimed Jonathan was weak against book haram and Buhari is the new sheriff in town? He should go ahead and annihilate the avengers and stop whining
Sorry to burst your bubble lad, boko haram and their sympathizers are already hanging on the gallows waiting for the last 'sharp pain of the butcher's knife'. Your avengers time will come. Be patient my friend. You know everything in this life is one step at a time.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by DRISKLEF(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2016
Nice one.
Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by keally: 6:26am On Aug 08, 2016
fiizznation:
Sorry to burst your bubble lad, boko haram and their sympathizers are already hanging on the gallows waiting for the last 'sharp pain of the butcher's knife'. Your avengers time will come. Be patient my friend. You know everything in this life is one step at a time.
which boko haram are you talking about? the one that still ambush and kill your soldiers? or is it because there is a blackout of their activities by government order to media houses? or why do you think buhari is going to chad this week. just continue being gullible, you hear?. Any attempt to use force against Avengers will be a repeat of history of Vietnam. A word is enough for the wise.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2016
Jonathan is haunted by his conscience. The October 2009 bombing was contracted by him to blackmail Northerners which Henry Okah rejected and had his family destroyed for just refusing to implicate Northerners in the bombing. The future remains pregnant for Mr Jonathan as freedom for Okah brothers puts him in danger.

www.thestreetjournal.org/2012/05/“jonathan-begged-me-to-blame-north-for-october-1-blasts”-henry-okah-claims/

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/4921-jonathan_faults_henry_okah_s_claims_on_bomb_attacks.html

This is not hidden as it was a presentation in the court at far away South Africa.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by ba7man(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2016
Nobody needs to lift a finger against these Niger Delta miscreants .

They will destroy themselves from within.

With the large amount of weapons and militants within that region, put money in the mix and they'll start killing themselves.

29 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by ba7man(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2016
keally:

which boko haram are you talking about? the one that still ambush and kill your soldiers? or is it because there is a blackout of their activities by government order to media houses? or why do you think buhari is going to chad this week. just continue being gullible, you hear?. Any attempt to use force against Avengers will be a repeat of history of Vietnam. A word is enough for the wise.
Do they still ride around seizing territories, overturning military bases, bombing as far as Abuja and Lagos, threatening the Presidency like they used to?

31 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Flexherbal(m): 6:34am On Aug 08, 2016
How did Jona offend MEND?

1 Like

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by JimiOgunlola: 6:36am On Aug 08, 2016
We all know that MEND hated GEJ and are behind the RNDA attempting to blackmail GEJ as they have an axe to grind with him. They are ready to parley the devil himself to get back at him.
Former 'Jomo Gbomo' is today's 'Cynthia Whyte'.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by cktheluckyman: 6:38am On Aug 08, 2016
fiizznation:
Bros I said he should annihilate the avengers and not his boko boys he used to win elections

15 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by cktheluckyman: 6:39am On Aug 08, 2016
ba7man:
Do they still ride around seizing territories, overturning military bases, bombing as far as Abuja and Lagos, threatening the Presidency like they used to?

Waiting for him to annihilate the avengers as the new sheriff in town

8 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Progressive01(m): 6:41am On Aug 08, 2016
Hear the Ineffectual Buffoon October 2nd 2010:

“I am from the Niger Delta. My father’s house is a few metres from an oil-well, so nobody can claim to be a Niger Delta than myself.

“It is erroneous to think that my people who
have been agitating for good living will
deliberately blow up the opportunity they have
now”.

“We know the persons behind the terrorist attacks on the nation. We know they used an organisation that operates in the Niger
Delta called MEND as a front, but we are aware
that MEND is not a terrorist organisation.”
How come this same group has suddenly become interested in his death?? Or isn't he "more Niger-Deltan than anyone else" anymore??

Mtscheeew.

27 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by hungryboy(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2016
E no go better for Cynthia White,
Which kind mumu name sef be that?,
The mumu just collect Buhari money chop, Come dey dole out names like say him dey write names of noisemakers for school.
Accusing Our ex president of sponsoring the Avengers without a single evidence and it made the news,
Shows how pathetic, Our Nigerian Press has become .

8 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 6:47am On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Annihilating Avengers will lead to death of several innocent Ijaws who are definitely not involved. It can only come up if it is established as a conspiracy by Ijaws to challenge Nigeria's sovereignty. The way out is to create division and sponsor one group to check the other.

13 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by hungryboy(m): 6:48am On Aug 08, 2016
Abagworo:
Jonathan is haunted by his conscience. The October 2009 bombing was contracted by him to blackmail Northerners which Henry Okah rejected and had his family destroyed for just refusing to implicate Northerners in the bombing. The future remains pregnant for Mr Jonathan as freedom for Okah brothers puts him in danger.

www.thestreetjournal.org/2012/05/“jonathan-begged-me-to-blame-north-for-october-1-blasts”-henry-okah-claims/

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/4921-jonathan_faults_henry_okah_s_claims_on_bomb_attacks.html

This is not hidden as it was a presentation in the court at far away South Africa.
we should take the words of a thug and Militant as fact Abi?,
Did Okah back his statement up with any evidence till date?,
No he didn't

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by lordizak(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Even Buhari can't touch you without losing his life.

The best Democratic President Nigeria ever had

Keep telling yourself that...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by GspotAngela(f): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2016
ba7man:
Nobody needs to lift a finger against these Niger Delta miscreants .
They will destroy themselves from within
This is deep

13 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 6:52am On Aug 08, 2016
hungryboy:

E no go better for Cynthia White,
Which kind mumu name sef be that?,
The mumu just collect Buhari money chop, Come dey dole out names like say him dey write names of noisemakers for school.
Accusing Our ex president of sponsoring the Avengers without a single evidence and it made the news,
Shows how pathetic, Our Nigerian Press has become .

Read this

www.premiumtimesng.com/politics/4906-henry_okah_insists_jonathan_behind_bomb_attacks.html

Henry Okah, the detained leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), blamed for the 2010 Independence Day bomb that killed at least 10 people with many more injured, is to tell a South African court the attacks were sponsored by President Goodluck Jonathan.
That, he said, came after the president and those working for him, had engineered similar attacks earlier in March 2010. “It is my belief that President Goodluck Jonathan’s government working with a faction of MEND planned and executed the bombings of 14 March 2010 and 1 October 2010,” Mr. Okah said in an affidavit deposed at a South African court.
The president’s spokesperson, Reuben Abati, could not be reached to comment for this story. Calls to his mobile telephone was neither answered nor returned.
The sworn affidavit is expected to be filed at the court between Tuesday and Wednesday as Mr. Okah renews his bid to secure a bail after spending more than one year in a South African jail. His trial is set to start October 1, 2012, exactly two years since a devastating blast that occurred less than a kilometer from the Eagles Square in Abuja where President Jonathan was attending Nigeria’s 50th anniversary.
The militant group, MEND, which authorities said Mr. Okah headed, claimed responsibility for the attack. Mr. Okah has denied membership of the group and plotting the attacks.
Instead, in a shocking deposition that further deepens the complexity of an already convoluted case, Mr. Okah, who lives in South Africa, said Mr. Jonathan and his aides organized the attacks in a desperate political strategy to demonize political opponents, and win popular sympathy ahead of the 2011 elections.
“The purpose of the 14 March 2010 bombing in my opinion was to create an atmosphere of insecurity in the Niger Delta where President Goodluck Jonathan at that time, was fighting to oust the governor Mr. Emmanuel Uduaghan whom President Goodluck Jonathan intended to replace with his Minister for Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe,” Mr. Okah said in a 194-page affivadavit obtained by PREMIUM TIMES.
“The bombing on 1 October 2010 was a platform for the elimination of political opposition from the north in the form of General Ibrahim 8abangida. The bombing of 1 October 2010 was also intended by the President Goodluck Jonathan Government to create anti North sentiments nationwide in order to galvanize support from other sections of Nigeria against other northern candidates in the Presidential elections,” he said.
The allegations first came to light in an interview Mr. Okah granted Arabic satellite television, Al Jazeera in October 2010 weeks after the blast. In the interview, he blamed the attacks on Mr. Jonathan’s aides and claimed he was arrested for refusing to influence MEND, to retract its claim of responsibility.
Since then, Mr. Okah has been denied bail at least twice, with one at the South Gauteng High court, Johannesburg where he is filing a new application for bail based on “new facts.”
Ahead of the start of trial October, Mr. Okah confirmed he has been availed with the details of evidences planned to be used against him.
The statements and exhibits, contained in a police docket obtained by the investigating officer, bear allegations the Nigerian government- now through its South African counterpart- put forward against the alleged former militant leader.
The previously known details contain claims of alleged phone communication between Mr. Okah and the those who carried out the attacks, allegedly on his orders, computer records, photographs purporting to show incriminating images and other materials.
His new appeal for bail is based on those evidences which he describes as being “extremely weak”. Mr. Okah said none of the exhibits had been substantiated to be linking him to the crime, and concluded that based on those claims, “It was unlikely that the state will be successful in a criminal prosecution against me.”
Despite Mr. Okah’s repeated denials of links to MEND and its attacks, his narration paints a picture of a former powerful figure whose influence over ex-militants, was courted by politicians, in the same breath regarded as a threat.
He spoke with Mr. Jonathan several times on phone, a telltale aspect of a long-standing relationship he said started in 1999 while the president was the deputy governor in Bayelsa state. While the nation faced a leadership crisis during the sickness of late President Umar Yar’adua in 2009, Mr. Okah emerged a prominent figure in the aftermath of a successful amnesty programme for the Niger Delta militant, initiated by Mr. Yar’adua.
Politicians knew he could influence the ex-fighters and even what continued to go on in the oil rich creeks. It was a role President Jonathan needed, Mr. Okah’s statement pointed out, as did prospective opponents for the 2011 election like former military ruler, Mr. Babangida, and even current petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.
Mr. Jonathan repeatedly sent his aides, including Godsday Orubebe (Niger Delta minister), Oronto Douglas, and others to him in South Africa, to seek his support, he said. His indifference, amid reports he was rooting for Mr. Babangida, as well as his refusal to rein MEND in on the statement, informed his arrest, Mr. Okah said. He claim he was close to Jonathan so much so, Mrs. Alison-Madueke, then a minister of Mines and Steel, needed his support for President Jonathan to pick her ahead of Odein Ajumogobia, for the petroleum slot.
“The last call I received from Ms Madueke was at 6:41:35 on 4 April 2010 during which she thanked me for my contribution in influencing her appointment as Minister of Petroleum,” he said. He said he was in touch with the president’s close aides when the October 1, 2010 bomb came off, and had no inkling his arrest was being planned.

4 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by ba7man(m): 6:52am On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:

That's Why people like you are irrational and not too good at decision making.

Why not infiltrate their ranks and destroy them from within?

Don't you watch how Americans bring down drug cartels without firing a bullet?

12 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by fiizznation: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2016
keally:

Take a hot seat my friend and shut up. When last did you hear any bomb blast in any part of the north? Was this the case before? Boko haram have been annihilated and if you can't stomach this, then am sorry because I can't help you, rather you might need a Headshrinker

14 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by CliffordOrji: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
We all know that MEND hated GEJ and are behind the RNDA attempting to blackmail GEJ as they have an axe to grind with him. They are ready to parley the devil himself to get back at him.
Former 'Jomo Gbomo' is today's 'Cynthia Whyte'.
NDA = Ijaw
MEND = Ijaw
GEJ = Ijaw
Tompolo = Ijaw
Charles Okah & Henry Okah = Ijaw

The Ijaw's are about to fight an internecine war among themselves, yet na we Igbos carry their matter for head like dada, even more than the Ijaw people.

When did we Igbos become an Ijaw minion. When did we become a judge and a jury in an Ijaw affair that has nothing to do with Ndigbo at all. I am really troubled about how we Igbos have been reduced to licking the butthole of the Ijaws

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Progressive01(m): 7:00am On Aug 08, 2016
fiizznation:
Take a hot seat my friend and shut up. When last did you hear any bomb blast in any part of the north? Was this the case before?

Boko haram have been annihilated and if you can't stomach this, then am sorry because I can't help you, rather you might need a Headshrinker
This post just brought be back to something unusual which has been going on unnoticed- rarely do we read news about bomb blasts by BH.

Imagine a milestone like this was achieved under the last admin- person for no see road put one foot for social media sef- imagine the noise they made about one mediocre "rail transformation".

9 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by JimiOgunlola: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2016
ba7man:
That's Why people like you are irrational and not too good at decision making.

Why not infiltrate their ranks and destroy them from within?

Don't you watch how Americans bring down drug cartels without firing a bullet?

Daura brains don't work like that. They think like cows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by fiizznation: 7:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Progressive01:
This post just brought be back to something unusual which has been going on unnoticed- [b]rarely do we read news about bomb blasts by BH.

Imagine a milestone like this was achieved under the last admin- person for no see road put one foot for social media sef- imagine the noise they made about one mediocre "rail transformation".
I'm telling you. Only God would have known the kind of damage the evil boko haram sect would have done by now if the PDP guys are still in control. People will be very scared to even go the markets because bombs will be continuously going off like knockouts had it been that dasuki and his corrupt generals are still in charge of things.

The economy is bad no doubt, but people should also be grateful that the boko haram activities have been reduced to a very minimum level. People should just pray for the economy to recover ASAP.

11 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 08, 2016
Hmmmmm, lemme just be sipping my horlicks as I prepare for work. No comments.
Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by usba: 7:24am On Aug 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Johnny will be a victim of his own making. .. those who play with fire always certainly get burnt by it.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan by usba: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2016
[s]
hungryboy:
we should take the words of a thug and Militant as fact Abi?,
Did Okah back his statement up with any evidence till date?,
No he didn't
[/s]

But whenever avengers speak they are not thugs and militants whose words shouldn't be taken as facts?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reacts To Gombe Minority Leader’s Defection To PDP / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government / Court Grants Idara Gold Bail - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.