Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,036 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics (13963 Views)

Nigeria Qualifies For 2018 Africa Nations Cup / Divine Oduduru Qualifies for 200m semi-finals At Rio olympics (photo) / Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Arebay(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
sCun:
A Biafran making Nigeria proud, while some descendants of the fallen angel called oduduwa are taking drugs and getting our team banned.

As it was written..." A nigerian" not biafran and when the other druggie casted,,it was still written as " A nigerian" not yoruba...

And also....the name checking thing is starting to get boring....
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by ibkogiman(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
If we must take individual credit for our athletes, then the Hausa north should claim glory for qualifying team9ja to the football quarter finals. Make una stop unnecessary regional fights abeg. Congrats to her,
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by benELOHIM7(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
It happens to me too. That awkward moment you about to strike that million dollar idea and then you remember you are a biafran living in a zoo.
I bet she was thinking about zoogeria when she got overtaken
dejavubobo1:
saw the event... she was leading untill the last lap, b4 Czech & Austria out row her..
work on ur endurance girl

best of luck
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by otokx(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
Congratulations to her
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by chynie: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ezerbullet:
I wached her compete on Saturday. She's just needs to make some adjustments and she's good for gold

Coach u miss road?
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by sorom4: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
Stegomiah:

Shut up!
Must you bring tribalism into everything?
A nigerian simple
Ewu!!! But yo bring tribalism with your cohorts when one Emeka is caught with an illegal drug
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by cosmosekeh: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
I watched that young lady as she rowed the row of her life.wishing her luck and Godspeed in the next round. Go and make us proud girl!!
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Amiee99(f): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
Funjosh:

If You dream it, You can achieve it babe cool

Thank you smiley
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Iseoluwani: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
[quote author=johnjay4u2u post=48300654]NCAN won't show face now.

I'm still single here o.[/quote

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by An0nimus: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
MadCow1:
Why are Niger Deltans not representing us in Rowing, Swimming and Shooting at this Olympics? angry

Na only to blow pipeline and collect Amnesty them sabi.. angry

I don ask this question tire. All those fishmen wey dey dive under river go pack sand, so none of them fit represent us for swimming?
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Afam4eva(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
MadCow1:
Why are Niger Deltans not representing us in Rowing, Swimming and Shooting at this Olympics? angry

Na only to blow pipeline and collect Amnesty them sabi.. angry
I heared Ijaws can stay inside water for more than one hour. Unfortunately, there's no such sport in the olympics for them to showcase their talent. As far as shooting is concerned, i think Borno natives should be winning it.

3 Likes

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by baeboo: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
sorom4:
Ewu!!! But yo bring tribalism with your cohorts when one Emeka is caught with an illegal drug
Don't mind that ant
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by An0nimus: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
benELOHIM7:
It happens to me too. That awkward moment you about to strike that million dollar idea and then you remember you are a biafran living in a zoo.

Good Lord, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! If you're above 20 years then something is definitely wrong somewhere.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by martineverest(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Watched it in Saturday.i don't think she will make it to final, except God's grace. She was leading with a large margin(about 20metres) only for her to be overtaken in the last 10 secs
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by benELOHIM7(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
I understand your plight bro. Zombie
An0nimus:

Good Lord, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! If you're above 20 years then something is definitely wrong somewhere.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Emmatdayo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kakamorufu:
continue wailing. Na nigeria dem write for her body
lol, see reply abeg, guy u get bad mouth oo

1 Like

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Onegai(f): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Amiee99:
I hope I'll be able to represent Nigeria someday in weightlifting

Are you currently a weightlifter? Have you done any competitions?
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by adigz3: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
More strength for faster rowing... you will make history
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Emmatdayo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
An0nimus:

I don ask this question tire. All those fishmen wey dey dive under river go pack sand, so none of them fit represent us for swimming?
and even synchronized swimming grin grin grin
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by insomnia1234: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
Richy4:
How did she practise to be very good with this sport? Do they have venue for this kind of sports in Nigeria?

I guess this might be one of the personal effort people put in to achieve their goal with zero help from the govt.... then later the nation will take the glory...
she lives in the states
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Onegai(f): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nigerians don't encourage their kids to play Sports. It is summer holidays and I'm yet to hear of someone saying "instead of my kids to be sitting down at home doing nothing, let a few parents gather ourselves organise 5 side football tourney with our kids" or "why not some of us parents ask and see which of us play Sports and that person can coach our kids, we provide food and drinks". It starts from baby steps. The Brazilian guy who took Silver at 100m Air Rifle shooting started at 8, largely trained at home. Chierika Ukogu started in school abroad. But have you seen our Interhouse Sports nowadays? The schools use them to make money rather than train kids. FGC Ilorin boys used to be sooo good at Cricket in the 1980s, why didn't parents fight to keep their teams up there instead of waiting for Government?There are people who can play Tennis, Judo, Boxing and Volleyball, even Beach Volleyball. Go to a stadium, look for a coach, negotiate and keep your kids busy and moving. There are 2 Horse riding schools in Lagos alone yet we have no Showjumpers and some of these kids are even part of Pony clubs in England. Just put up an announcement in your church bulletin that you are organising it for free and ask that as parents sign up, they must stay with their ward and provide food and drinks for all kids. That's how my cousins would spend their holidays and their 11 year old little league Soccer team were good.

Simple things, we cannot do. A black man is constantly preoccupied with filling his belly, sleeping and knacking. Other countries poorer than us will perform better. Brazil, India, so many countries are as poor as we are, yet are more organised. Nigerians will be waiting for government and be acting like they must fight for every meal.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by victorazy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
She is amazing, am happy for her, but she should work and improve on her stamina. She droped from 1st position to 3ed place.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Emu4life(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
I refused to b tribalistic.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by dejavubobo1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
benELOHIM7:
lol...u no well
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Richy4(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
insomnia1234:
she lives in the states

Oh ok...I wish her the best... she is really patriotic... Sports alone would have given her a citizenship status....
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by fiftynaira(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
If u re a govt official reading my post thunder will fire

Then if u re in the sports ministry the thunder that will u will be like doc's prescription

1 in the morning
2 in the afternoon
3 @ night

Nigerian sports needs development

1 Like

Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Lex1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Congrats. Babe go for it and pls improve on your speed and technics. Her finished time was way too far from the second position. You can do better girl. You make us proud.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Onegai(f): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
martineverest:
Watched it in Saturday.i don't think she will make it to final, except God's grace. She was leading with a large margin(about 20metres) only for her to be overtaken in the last 10 secs

She was rowing against a Gold medallist and 2 other Finalists, so she was probably the least experienced, followed by the Togolese girl. I listened to the commentary (by past Rowers) and they said one of the strategies smaller teams adopt is by starting wih a lot of vigour and trying to create as wide a margin between them and more experienced rowers. So this gives them something to hold onto once the Experienced ones get into their stride. Maybe that was her strategy and it paid off: she qualified. Now she has to get another strategy for the next round and study the other towers.
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by insomnia1234: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
Richy4:

Oh ok...I wish her the best... she is really patriotic... Sports alone would have given her a citizenship status....
SHE was born there in the states... google her up
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by repogirl(f): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
I sight the name checkers very close by..... cheesy
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by repogirl(f): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
fiftynaira:
If u re a govt official reading my post thunder will fire

Then if u re in the sports ministry the thunder that will u will be like doc's prescription

1 in the morning
2 in the afternoon
3 @ night

Nigerian sports needs development
lmao! It's a good thing thunder doesn't actually faya people! grin
Re: Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics by Truman155(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
Amiee99:
I hope I'll be able to represent Nigeria someday in weightlifting
or biafra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium / Nigeria Vs USA (basketball) On Monday August 1st, 2016. / "Napoli Asked For Match Suspension After Racist Chant At Koulibaily" - Ancelloti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.