Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? (614 Views)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent' / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by agabaI23(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
Forces in corridors of power behind my ordeal - Aondoakaa
Lanre Adewole, Abuja - 23.09.2009

THE Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Chief Michael Aondoakaa (SAN) has blamed some powerful government appointees for plotting to cause misunderstanding between him and President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Senior Special Assistant to the minister, Mr. Onov Tyuruugh, made the allegation in Abuja on Tuesday, citing a series of negative publicity in the media against the minister which he claimed were sponsored by some people in the corridors of power.

The enemies, Mr. Tyuruugh added, were envious of the confidence the President had in him (Aondoakaa).

Insisting on the innocence of his boss, the senior special assistant said that all the minister had done was to stand by the rule of law, adding that events in the nearest future would vindicate Aondoakaa.

He said that the minister’s alleged detractors had deliberately twisted statements made by the minister with the aim of causing mischief and misrepresenting him before the public in order to make the president to hate him.

He said: “All the minister had done was to insist that Nigeria is given the respect it deserves in the comity of nations. By insisting that our country’s laws be followed.”

The minister, he went on, had not stopped the prosecution of anyone since he assumed office, promising that the list of corruption cases pending in various courts would be published to show that the minister was committed to the fight against corruption.

The minister had on Sunday denied the allegation that he stopped 25 witnesses from going to the United Kingdom to testify against former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori.

Aondoakaa had in a statement on the matter, said that he was surprised to read in newspapers that his office had stalled the request from the London Metropolitan Police for the release of 25 witnesses to testify against some suspects.

According to the statement, “On the issue of 25 witnesses needed by the Metropolitan Police, nobody has brought that information to my notice.

“Immediately I saw the publication in the papers today, I contacted the Secretary of the EFCC, Mr. Emmanuel Akonmaye, who said they would be bringing whatever they have got from the Metropolitan Police on the next working day as regards the witnesses to testify in Ibori’s case.

“I have no request on my desk in relation to these witnesses,” denying too, that he went to the United Kingdom to meet with Metropolitan Police.

The minister had stated that he went to see the UK ‘s Home Secretary over allegation that he had stopped prosecution of all cases of corruption.
Is this guy still answerable to the home sec or has he ran out of excuses?
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by MrCrackles(m): 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
Technically. . . grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by sleekp1: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
Haba we're no longer under the UK, we're under the US.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by agabaI23(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
MrCrackles:

Technically. . . grin

Brashy, this kind thing sef de shock me. na wa!
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by asha80(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
Agaba do you think nigeria is really an 'independent' country in the true sense of the word
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by agabaI23(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
We are independent my dear.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by ikeyman00(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
@@@

under baboon yoruba-[size=21pt]hausa[/size] in abuja
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
According to the statement, “On the issue of 25 witnesses needed by the Metropolitan Police, nobody has brought that information to my notice.

the same way they had no knowledge ribadu was in the country.

bravo
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by citizenY(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
I am waiting for the next cabinet reshuffle. If there is no change, it will be sad.

Agaba to answer your question, No> But it is difficult to answer.

In Britain and with his records, Aondoakaa for no even see wig, not to talk of law court.

Even if they made a mistake, they could have sacked him before 2 months in office.

The people for no 'gree sef.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by yeswecan(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigeria is an independent state
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by TheSeeker(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
Nigeria is an independent state with misplaced and misguided priorities
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by Beaf: 10:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
“Immediately I saw the publication in the papers today, I contacted the Secretary of the EFCC, Mr. Emmanuel Akonmaye, who said they would be bringing whatever they have got from the Metropolitan Police on the next working day as regards the witnesses to testify in Ibori’s case.

“I have no request on my desk in relation to these witnesses,” denying too, that he went to the United Kingdom to meet with Metropolitan Police.

The minister had stated that he went to see the UK ‘s Home Secretary over allegation that he had stopped prosecution of all cases of corruption.

What a right old mess.
Nigeria's Attorney General gets his official brief from 9ja newspapers! Then runs of to the London to clear himself of his "detractors" "allegations" with the British Home Secretary! All of this to free himself from sleeping Yar Adua's "hatred" shocked. What a mess Abuja is. angry

Na so.

I am asumming here, that his "detractors" are the good Nigerian people and the Uk's Met Police. 9ja police/EFCC don't give a damn.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by udezue(m): 3:31am On Sep 24, 2009
yes
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by sjeezy8: 5:26am On Sep 24, 2009
yes and scared of America lipsrsealed

theres nothing independent about Nigeria
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by udezue(m): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2009
DANG!!!! JEEZY

For da 1st time you make a lot of sense. Odikwa na mma? Is everything okay? grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by chic2pimp(m): 5:46am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^^^ It's not the first time his post has made sense rather it's the first time he has agreed with you on a particular topic.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by udezue(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2009
yawns^^^
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by chic2pimp(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^ Go to bed jare cool
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by udezue(m): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2009
^^ Okay grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by chic2pimp(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^^ Shey na like dat u dey answer ya elders ehn? undecided

U reply was meant to say 'yes sir' tongue
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by udezue(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2009
Nkita tarikwa gi aka i ji ede such nonsense. cool
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by chic2pimp(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2009
^^^^ SAME TO YOU grin cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by sjeezy8: 6:58am On Sep 24, 2009
chic2pimp:

^^^^ SAME TO YOU grin cheesy
LMFAO ^^^^^
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by proudly9ja(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2009
sleek_p:

Haba we're no longer under the UK, we're under the US.

Absolute rubbish! How can you say we are under the US and how dare the poster even think that we are under the UK? What is wrong with you people? Don't you even think at all?

We are under Ghana jo! grin
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by sleekp1: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2009
proudly9ja:

Absolute rubbish! How can you say we are under the US and how dare the poster even think that we are under the UK? What is wrong with you people? Don't you even think at all?

We are under Ghana jo! grin

Hahahahah!!!!! no make me choke with laughter O o.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by chrisical(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2009
Tell them,we are under Ghana cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by citizenY(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2009
ikeyman000

You don start.

You are snugly behind your laptop throwing darts from abroad.

You are contributing nada to our country and you dey call people baboon.

Na you be baboon wey dey parasite on Oyibo,

Anyway u c my invitation?
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by ikeyman00(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
yes i see am!! grin^^
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by redsun(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
Independence my black ass.Independence in paper but not in practice.How can a beggar nation be independent?mad people.
Re: Is Nigeria Still Under Britain? by OvieE: 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
Independent from where. The truth is that we are now under CHINA not the UK. Period.

(1) (Reply)

Please Vote For Education In Africa To Get A Share Of Google's $10 Million‏ / Amnesty On My Mind / Honduras Warns Brazil Over Embassy Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.