Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu (651 Views)

Politics: Egypt May Hand Away 2017 Nations Cup Ticket (full Story) / Jonathan To Reward Eagles For World Cup Ticket / Amodu : Can He Lead Supereagles To 2010 W/cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by okeey(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
I won't lose sleep over 2010 W/Cup ticket - Kanu
By Olawale Olaniyan - 23.09.2009
SUPER Eagles captain, Nwankwo Kanu has said playing at the 2010 World Cup is not a do-or-die affair for him but, would rather be a bonus that would add to his credentials as a player, just as he appealed to Nigerians for maximum support towards winning the remaining World Cup qualifiers against Mozambique and Kenya.

The Portsmouth of England forward reputed to be Nigeria's most decorated footballer in history, in an interview monitored in Ibadan pointed out that he would remain focused to put in his best for his fatherland.

“It doesn’t matter for me but I think by now, I ’ve really done well for myself. If it (World Cup ticket) comes, it is a very big bonus but if it did not, there is no problem. The most important thing is to qualify for all these competitions, the Nations Cup and the World Cup," said Kanu who featured at France '98 and Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup finals.

The former Arsenal player, who came on as a substitute in the recent 2-2 draw against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in Abuja, then called for prayers that would enable the Super Eagles to pick the World Cup ticket against all odds.

“I call on Nigerians to support us and pray for us: Even in bad times, they should support us, that is the only way a true and good supporter should be," said the two-time African Footballer of the Year in 1996 and 1999.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/23092009/news/sports4.html
Re: I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by galatico(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
That old should go an retire and forget about the world cup!!!
Re: I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by ichommy(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ galatico dont say that grin
Re: I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by manmustwac(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
he won't lose any sleep because he dosen't care cry
Re: I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by Johnnny(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2009
He's an unpatriotic asshole to say that.

Let him go and ask Obasanjo, he will be well educated in "do or die affairs".
Re: I Won't Lose Sleep Over 2010 W/cup Ticket - Kanu by yim(f): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
i really used to respect cos i thought he was patrotic but now i am dissapointed

(1) (Reply)

Match Of The Season So Far / Bonfrere Fancies Nigeria Return / Copyright Commission, Hitv Arrest More Suspected Pirates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.