Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho (41128 Views)

Hazard Mocks Mourinho After Chelsea Win Against Burnley / 10 Reasons Mourinho Is The Wrong Man For Man Utd! / Breaking News: Mourinho Is Man Utds New Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2016

Substitute Juan Mata was replaced in Manchester United's Community Shield win "because he was the smallest player", boss Jose Mourinho said. Mata,sold by Mourinho to Unitedwhen at Chelsea, looked unhappy tobe taken off 30 minutes after coming on in the 2-1 win over Leicester Cityat Wembley.

"I needed to take off the smallest player because we were expecting alot of long balls," Mourinho said.

But BBC pundit Danny Murphy said the decision was "embarrassing" for Mata.

"You don't do that unless you are trying to send a message," ex-England midfielder Murphy said.

"They have a lot of history at Chelsea and he has embarrassed him in front of his supporters and his family.

"He is basically saying to him you are not important and he has done it publicly. I can't see him still being at the club at the end of August."

Midfielder Mata, who is 5ft 7in tall, was sent on in the 63rd minute in place of goalscorer Jesse Lingard, with the score 1-1.

He was replaced 10 minutes after Zlatan Ibrahimovic's 83rd-minute winner by 5ft 10in new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Mourinho put his arm around Mata when the Spaniard came off three minutes before the final whistle but the former Valencia player looked unimpressed.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37005699

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by niffymizzy(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mourinho will destroy this club again like he did to his former clubs,

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
These trait was what caused Chelsea players to revolt against him, and now he is repeating them in Man Utd.

Discordance might begin to emerge.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Maxcollins042(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
Juan Mata for that pics be like "You don start again bah?"

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by tabisegroup(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
ok
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by hemartins(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mata should start considering leaving the club soon.
Morinho don't really like him.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by muzeze77: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
That's not good

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Akinz0126(m): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
I don't like this mourinho of a Coach Thesame mistake he has been making ever since he had been coaching Chelsea he did thesame when he coached Madrid and that always leads to his waterloo.Now he has started again he'll definitely live Man U in shamble just watch out!!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by handysuzy(f): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Never believe any word of Jose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by ikombe: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
lmao grin
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by henrydadon(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
grin

i smell early sack coming for mouriho

3 Likes

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Thoby1(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
okaay?
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by PoosPoos: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
Yeye antics
Just say u hate Mata.
Why was Maradona not substituted during the 1986 world cup final?
Mata and Maradona who is taller?
I love dis club to bits but i hate d coach to pieces.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Is he smaller than these crazy guys in the video below grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ec_VKSfUco&itct=CJoBEKQwIhMIkb7S0uexzgIVi2gcCh0-OQyLMgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDb1h6b0FSLTRHajZsYlo0aVJtWDlTUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NL&client=mv-google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by MadCow1: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Poor Mata..

One moment he was up.. Now.....
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
hmmm
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Olalekanbanky1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
That's just too bad. What an arrogant and disrespectful fellow this man Is!

5 Likes

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by tiswell(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mata my boy don't worry you hear,you would be taller than mourinho when you grow up

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by ghostmist: 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
As a Chelsea fan I loved mourinho... not until his second coming.

Mata was our best player for two straight seasons... I just don't know why he hates him so much. so he is saying that he would have substituted Messi if he were to be in that team. besides mata is not the only short player there.

I just felt for mata yesterday... his self esteem and confidence took massive hits. He just gave that flimsy excuse to deflect media attention from his obvious dislike of the player.

I've started developing this strong dislike for mourinho... given his treatment of Juan mata.

Mata should just set his mind on leaving during the January transfer window....cos if he doesn't, that coach is still gonna frustrate him out and make life miserable for him.

I was hoping mourinho would succeed with Man United, but now, I wish he'd fail in a big way.

Rubbish!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by nairaman66(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
Good bye to j.mata

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by haibe(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
I really felt embarrased for mata.. its hard to believe the substitute was tactical

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Rhotiz: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
at least We won..up utd

7 Likes

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
hehehehe!!!!

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Landloard01(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Damfostopper(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
How come.... Mourinho come out plain..... I neva like this man because he will only lay short term success.. Like takes incharge of a team... Win cup n leave.....
Guardiola lays a long term success... Guardiola would av been the perfect fit for my darling manchester united.... Just negodu.... Fellaini was the most useless player yesterday.. Yet u allow him play.. Mata dis... Mata That... Mourinho dnt like him simply

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Mikehell(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Seriously he need to take out Mata, infact bringing him in was a mistake cuz mata didnt have the strenght for such physical games.... jez look at the work baily did? i think he is ryt on that cuz Mata was one the guyz dat gave leicester city the edge 2 seasons ago against united with their 5-3 win

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Lahotte(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mourinho ehn Love him or hate him He's all the way up there.

3 Likes

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Onota: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
Meanwhile, day never break. Mourinho's Man- management skill is extremely poor.

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by jerryfisher(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
niffymizzy:
Mourinho will destroy this club again like he did to his former clubs,
must he(morinho) emind mata dat he is short!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Vincent41(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
blueto:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37005699

He will Give United Trophy and at the end Destroy the club!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 22nd October 2022 / Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 23rd August 2014 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (2 - 1 ) On 7th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.