Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,175 members, 7,957,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Fraternity Analogy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fraternity Analogy. (988 Views)

Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" / Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination / 13 Things No One Ever Told You About The Dreaded Ogboni Fraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fraternity Analogy. by lawani: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
In pre Nigeria Yoruba land, there were no fraternities like we have today, fraternities were started here by university students who copied from the USA and Europe. We did not need frats in the past but there were Egbes or societies. No frats formed to address any ills in the society. Such a phenomenon is unnecessary in a serious nation run by the Ogboni. For instance an Ogboni state would not need a Rotary club because the function of the Rotary club is a subfunction of the Ogboni who are there as parents of all. No unemployment in an Ogboni state. No one would starve in thesame country where others are throwing away food. You are obliged to be your brother's keeper. The person, the worker under the highest degree of supervision was the Oba who essentially was the chief slave. Slaves supervised by only one person have more leg room to behave anyhow. Not the Oba and his or her cabinet. So no need for pressure groups and etc which frats amount to.

However on adoption of democracy, fraternities were started in Nigeria as pressure groups in universities. The first was the Pyrates Confraternity founded by Prof Wole Soyinka and others, Prof Soyinka later became an Arts Nobel laureatte. The PC was formed in the University of Ibadan while he won the Nobel prize for literature with his academic work at the Ife University. From the name of the frat, one would say the philosophy is that we are all pyrates, no originality anywhere, we build on foundations set by our ancestors, we steal ideas and visions, then run with it. So, everything should be 'open sourced'. In essence, there should be a limit to property rights. Today, they exist as a Non Governmental organisation known as the National Association of Seadogs who frequently brainstorm on national issues.

There is the founded in the University of Benin probably as an affiliate of the US movement. A .

There is the SEC. The Supreme Eiye confraternity. Probably founded at the University of Ife. They now exist as a Non Governmental Organisation known as 'The National association of Air Lords'. Eye means Bird. The philosophy is 'There is enough space for everybody to prosper without hampering others, if you chase a bird away from this tree, it will perch on another and set up a better nest, the sky is wide enough for all birds to fly'. That is the philosophy and the teaching. Their Don in a unit is called 'Ibaka', the Yoruba for Canary. There is a saying 'Aroye ni ise ibaka', Thorough Explanation is the canary's job which sums up the job of the Eye number one worldwide and in each local unit. The Ibaka number one. A person who lacks common sense, that can not articulate himself will not be fit for the job of Ibaka in the Eye fraternity. Prof Soyinka is obviously the number one Don of the Seadogs while I do not know who is the number one of the AirLords. All of them and others were modelled after western frats. There was nothing like that in pre Nigeria Yoruba land as all were Ogboni, the society of the Yeeparipa Odu!

Consider my work on social media since I was volunteered by the CIA to tackle Adeboye who is an eye sore to them, I operated as a pyrate, dissembling wikipedia and etc, quoting people, using pictures and etc for analysis. I am a pyrate, I use a language and culture developed by others before me, I have a degree in a discipline with knowledge accumulated over thousands of years. I got the degree in 10 semesters with around 240 units of course work. That is piracy. So, I am a pirate and we all are. I am an Eye because I was minding my own business which is proferring solutions to the economic malaise of the country I live in, Nigeria. I was not disturbing or attacking anyone personally and I am an Axe welder, that is since attack is the best form of defense against Adeboye et al.

If the CIA were the SEC, the Supreme Eye Confraternity, then they chose me as the IBAKA for this religion torpedoing project of theirs. My job is to EXPLAIN THOROUGHLY. Aroye ni ise Ibaka, igbe kike ni ise eye loko. Though some Eye units operate as mafias all over the world, the work of the Ibaka remain thesame which is explanations and articulations. If an outlaw Eye group is sending someone on a hit job, the hit man would announce before hitting the target 'Ibaka lo ran mi wa!' meaning 'The canary is the one that sent me' but the canary must be able to logically defend his positions.

So in this religion sinking project of the CIA, I am the IBAKA, the canary. I have operated like a pyrate while I hope the Axe will descend on the evil doers.

It must be noted that fraternities are better than churches or mosques because they have something sensible they are preaching. Better belong to one than belong to a church or mosque.

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Chosen Testimonies / A Day Of Supernatural Wonders With Pastor W. F. Kumuyi Live In Abuja / America Introduces After-School Satanism Clubs [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.