Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker (25707 Views)

Abubakar Sidiq Usman Released By EFCC (Photo) / Abubakar Sidiq Usman Arrested By EFCC As #freeabusidiq Trends / Doyin Okupe And A Blogger, Abubakar Sidiq Usman, Blast Each Other On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Egunje: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
shaddoww:
Although I am not supporting EFCC but Nigerians like abuse things too much, most things we do here, we can't try dem outside d shores of Nigeria. U can't insult Obama directly on twitter n not expect to b picked up or u post a false information against d CIA chief n not expect dem to pick u up.
shaddoww:
Although I am not supporting EFCC but Nigerians like abuse things too much, most things we do here, we can't try dem outside d shores of Nigeria. U can't insult Obama directly on twitter n not expect to b picked up or u post a false information against d CIA chief n not expect dem to pick u up.
shaddoww:

BUT IT WAS THE SAME YOU AND YOUR NORTHERN BROTHERS WHO CALLED JONATHAN EBOLA, INSULTED HIM AND NO DSS AGENT CAME LOOKING FOR YOU. YOU ARE NOW TELLING US NOT TO INSULT PMB. NA LIE INSULT WILL CONTINUE TO 2019.UP GEJ

1 Like

Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by muffyt05: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
erico2k2:

So xplain to the rest of us how this comes under Economic or financial crime plz

I'm not in any way trying to be an advocate of the EFCC nor am I standing in for the guy. Whatever his crime(s),i'm so sure the guy knows more than everyone agitating for his case. But what I know and which I tried to point out is that,STALKING is considered a crime in most developed countries only that this might be the 1st time we're getting to know since we're use to similar or some particular types of crimes here
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Stoical: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
Cyber stalking is an economic or financial crime

Exactly what I wanted to ask... Why do we keep making mockery of ourselves... Oh! How has the mighty fallen!"Nigeria in view"
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by sinistermind(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
Proper Reasoning has deserted a lot of people especially the wailing zombies because of hatred for PMB.
Are we saying because someone is a pro-govt blogger, he shouldn't be held accountable if he engages in cyber crime activities? Allowing that will amount to allowing impunity just because he is pro-govt and it's same all of us that will later complain of executive indifference.

I bet many don't even care to know that the Cyber Crime Act was signed into law by GEJ and two bloggers have previously been held and charged as a result.

So I guess the double "C" in EFCC stands for Cyber Crime. Interesting.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Bizibi(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2016
Vatsyayana:

Voting for Buhari doesn't give you the alibi to commit crimes. The rule of law respects no one. If he's found wanting, let him face the full wrath of the law.

I just hope some wailers on nairaland would learn from this by guarding their comments & posts.
ohhh just shut it.....
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Ugosample(m): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Is stalking an Economic or Financial Crime

I'm beginning to believe that this country; and the continent as a whole is a zoo angry angry
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by onedayatime(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2016
I don't know why most Nigeians are just brainless now adays, you read most comments and you are wondering where is their thinking faculty? Why their reasoning is faulty and let me say beyond repair. Even, if God give Buhari the power to arrest the Devil some disgruntled elements will still complain and wail like babies.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by TijaniAbu: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2016
Running a blog is now cyber stalking
Running a blog is now the business of EFCC
The dictator has returned. Nigerians mistakenly voted in an avuncular geriatric man called Muhammadu Buhari. The day he was sworn in was when they realised they had voted for General Mohammed Buhari that hired Israeli hit men to snatch Umaru Dikko off London streets, drugged him and loaded him into a carton container to ship him to Nigeria in a chartered plane. Umaru Dikko was traced and rescued by the UK Metropolitan Police due to the quick thinking alert of his personal assistant Elizabeth "Betty" Hayes. David Cameron is right. Muhammadu Buhari is fantastically corrupt. Not Nigerians, the General himself. The same Muhammadu Buhari that has been mute over how one of his wife's handbags value exceeds the entire value of his family's mandatorily declared assets can order the arrest of a blog editor by the economic and financial crimes commission for "cyber stalking". I guess dictator Muhammadu Buhari has never heard of Sahara Reporters aka Aso Rock Villa Contracted Concocters.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by sorepco(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2016
Please whats his crime?
Who did he stalk?

Is it effc's domain of crimes?

Is there a warrant for his arrest?

By the way assume he is an online stalker is there a law in place against such? Or the efcc has its own legislative machine?

Mylove55:
his one vote shouldnt make him indulge in cyber crime, or can anybody arrest me as a buharist if i never involve in any crime? even devil cannot near me. God bless pmb.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by OlujobaSamuel: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2016
usba:

As per the bold ..I rest my case
I don't understand you pls, can you please explain? thanks.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Cue(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2016
shaddoww:
U have absolutely ZERO idea of what you are saying. Obama is heavily insulted directly....DAILY! If U post false info about a CIA chief, he'll just sue U for libel. That's all. Because its a PERSONAL attack. You get arrested for matters relating to threatening National Security.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by justin04(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2016
But wetin EFCC stand for? Economic and Financial bla bla? Wetin concern EFCC with cyber stalking? Money no dey involve nah
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by MrCEO69(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2016
shaddoww:

At least dey v sense other there not dis one we got here.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by Pdizzle(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by shaddoww: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Egunje:
[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

BUT IT WAS THE SAME YOU AND YOUR NORTHERN BROTHERS WHO CALLED JONATHAN EBOLA, INSULTED HIM AND NO DSS AGENT CAME LOOKING FOR YOU. YOU ARE NOW TELLING US NOT TO INSULT PMB. NA LIE INSULT WILL CONTINUE TO 2019.UP GEJ

Take am easy ooo before I report u to Magu for cyber stalking me. Haaaahaaa
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by tosiviano: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Are we now in the military era
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by jamooku(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Even if Obama or bubu or any politician is criticised is criticised on social media, is it the job of efcc to investigate the matter. What is DSS or the police doing. The fact is that efcc has misplaced their job function.they should be saddled with the responsibility of prosecuting and investigating financial matters.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by fortune242(m): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
EFCC only succeeded in making this guy more popular.....
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by bejeria101(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Is he d first in the world or you morons are out of brains.
Re: EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker by bejeria101(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Is he d first in the world or you morons are out of brains?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Adjourns Judgment On Adeleke’s Appeal Till July 5 / Imo: Army To Commence Shooting Exercise From September 5, Warns Public / Ministerial Screening: Nominees Go Spiritual-New Telegraph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.