Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say (533 Views)

FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre / Petrol Price Hike Imminent As Marketers Propose N165 Per Litre - Leadership / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by Purplebirdrep: 6:05am On Aug 09, 2016
More Hardship?

Nigerians should prepare for another increase in the pump prices of petrol, due to the continued scarcity of foreign exchange to finance the importation of the product, oil marketers have said.

According to them, the United States dollar hit an all-time high last week, as it exchanged for N400 at the parallel market.

Worried by the development, the marketers say if not urgently addressed, the pump prices of petrol will not remain at the approved rates.

The Federal Government liberalised the downstream sector of the petroleum industry on May 11, 2016, and announced an increase in the pump prices of petrol from N86 and N86.5 per litre to between N135 and N145 per litre.

It also stated that the market was to be driven by the factors of demand and supply, as it was now largely in the hands of private sector players.

But oil marketers told our correspondent on Monday that despite the competition in the business, they were struggling to retain the price of the Premium Motor Spirit within the approved range.

“The truth is that Nigerians just have to brace for higher PMS price; there are no two ways about it. The government cannot fund this market; the money is not just there. Even if the government wishes to assist, it does not have the wherewithal to do. So, Nigerians should brace for higher rates,” an official of one of the notable oil marketing companies, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by squarelead(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2016
I don't just know what to say. Nigeria which way nw.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by kossyablaze(m): 6:22am On Aug 09, 2016
grin
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by feldido(m): 6:26am On Aug 09, 2016
Everyday Badnews!!!
NA here Satan land when Jesus pursue am from Heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by Royals1st: 6:37am On Aug 09, 2016
I must go back to sleep bcs i just on my phone and check NL na bad news i first read everyday bad new oti su mi
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by Panshack: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2016
naija Hwfar na which way forward.... things jxt getting from bad to worst#o lord save us all
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by Abagworo(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2016
Petrol is no longer a Government only affair. If the marketers buy Dollar high then they will equally sell high. Those destroying pipelines and being supported by human beings are responsible for Dollar scarcity as Nigeria doesn't get enough to satisfy basic demand. I blame a combination of our past rulers but with the highest blame to Jonathan regime for failing to come out plain on time and deceiving Nigerians until we got stretched and was borrowing for recurrent expenditures.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by policy12: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2016
This country sha..

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by dallyemmy: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Our story is similar to a man who cultivates yam but could not roast same for his family to eat. He would rather give more yams to his neighbours to roast the ones his family will eat than preparing it himself.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Petrol Price Hike Looms, Marketers Say by TopOne1: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2016
APC thinks say na gragra dem dey take rule a country. Within a year they just mess up this our country this bad. If care is not taking they will go down as the worst Naija govt. I dey laugh oo

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Government Condemns Attack On Soldiers / South Africa Reclaim Their Title As Giants Of Africa With The Biggest Economy / People Should Believe Us For What We Say We Are – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.