Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget (9772 Views)

Ministry Of Budget And National Planning Press Release / Jubrin's Allegations: EFCC, ICPC, Police May Clash Over Budget Padding Probe / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by dre11(m): 7:49am On Aug 09, 2016
by Yusuf Alli,

• Jibrin, panel in two-hour session

The police yesterday retrieved three versions of the budget from ousted House of Representatives Appropriations Committee chairman Abdulmumin Jibrin as probe of his allegation of padding began.

The Special Investigation Panel (SIP) has started sieving the documents to isolate the padded areas, it was learnt.

Jibrin petitioned the police, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other anti-graft agencies, alleging the padding of Budget 2016 by Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Speaker Yusuff Lasun, Chief Whip Alhassan Ado Doguwa, Minority Leader Leo Ogor and nine others.

He claimed that they inserted about 2000 projects worth N284 billion into the budget.
Jibrin had a two-hour session with the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Amodu Ali-led SIP.

Jibrin, who submitted more documents on the matter to the investigators, may appear before the panel again either today or tomorrow.
Based on documents at its disposal, the panel may interact with other members of the appropriations committee, sources said.

A source said: “The search for padded areas by the panel has started. As at Monday (yesterday), the panel was in receipt of three versions of the 2016 Budget.

“These versions are the original copy laid before the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari, the version passed by the National Assembly but rejected by the President due to omission of some key projects, such as the N60billion Calabar-Lagos rail project; and the harmonised copy.

“With the retrieval of these budget versions, detectives have started identifying padded areas by the House members.

“After locating these padded areas, the SIP will be able to determine the focus of interrogation and the list of those to be questioned alongside the 13 already implicated by Jibrin.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “The SIP may interact with all members of the House Committee on Appropriations and some chairmen of committees.

“We are also monitoring every claim by members in the media to guide our investigation.”
For the session with the SIP yesterday, Jibrin arrived at about noon and left around 2pm.

“Jibrin brought additional documents to support his allegations. What he did was to support every allegation with proof and the sources where he got all the documents. He is trying to prove his case that the padding was criminal.

“We have requested him for additional facts. So, Jibrin could be with us tomorrow (today) or Wednesday. We have told him additional things to bring as part of our preliminary investigation.

“We will invite Dogara and the others after we are done with Jibrin, a source said
he added: “As the investigation progresses, we will inform the public. This is an investigation that will stand the test of time.

“ The nation should at the end of the day put an end to the culture of padding. We will be fair to all who will appear before the SIP.”

Last Friday during a visit to the Presidential Villa, Dogara said budget padding was not an offence.

He said as a lawyer who has been in the legislature for years, he had never heard of where lawmakers were accused of padding the budget.

His position drew the ire of many on social media who criticised him for his “insensitivity in these hard times”.

Jibrin also took him to the cleaners, arguing that “budget padding is an offence”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/probe-begins-police-get-three-versions-budget/

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Progressive01(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2016
Yet some idiot who calls himself Dogara tries to defend this, insisting padding budgets amount to no wrongdoing.

I think there is something critically wrong with the politicians in this country- their knack for turning logic on its head, validating their crookedness with the most inane arguments is just downright appalling.

I hope all those involved in this daylight robbery get to do time without parole someday.

And Baba, we are still awaiting your action on interior minister Danbarawo oo. Do not disappoint us by keeping mum and doing absolutely nothing over that perverted criminal. It would do your image and support base no good.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Firefire(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, what is your take on the statement below?

APC, Party of Professional looters and career rogues.

All Padding Congress - APC

21 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Progressive01(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2016
Some people on this forum are fantastically dumb though.

Wish a friend of theirs can tell them how intelligent they sound when they keep their fingers mouths shut.

5 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by bonechamberlain(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2016
The kind of corruption going on under buhari can only be rivaled by the devil himself. An illiterate ruler who knows nothing and appoints intelligent people wants to fight corruption. Thats why they use dss and efcc to intimidate opponent as they are clueless on how to use the legal process to prosecute these looters

3 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by ijustdey: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2016
too much corruption exposure in this government have shown that previous government were corrupt but they cover it all along because both the executive and legislative were immersed in the fraud

19 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by lekzyn(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2016
Padding is not an offence-Dogara

3 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Hillzy(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2016
Police ke?

15 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Dreal11247: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2016
Are they inviting the officials from the presidency?
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by krissconnect(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2016
Hahahah. APc is the greatest scam of the decade. Where's explorer to include this in his findings.

7 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2016
If "COMMON SENSE" was from Hausa tribe,
maybe Buhari would use it well
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Barselonia(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2016
probing everywhere

police probe
efcc probe
icpc probe...

very soon KAI to go dey probe.... KAI way dem born yesterday go wan probe too..... wetin he sabi

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Sijo01(f): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigeria 2016 budget of commotion tales continues cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2016
People will soon get tired of defending APC if it continues like this

4 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by MadCow1: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Corruption wants to probe Corruption... grin grin grin

God save us all..

13 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Rilwayne001: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2016
[size=15pt] All Padding Congress = APC sad [/size]

14 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2016
i am very sure they will drag this case beyond 2019. Even 1 version self will be investigated for more than 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Harwoyeez(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Let's hope d probe will be thorough n those behind it are thoroughly dealt with

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by joe4real12: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2016
Police
Police is your friend.
They will definitely become Dogara's friend. Very close friend. grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by sweetgala(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2016
padding is truly not an offence , how ever the forgery of a federal law(acting budget 2016) which was previously appropriated by the house and there after haltered without due process and presented to the president for ascent as thou it were the real document and the criminal intent to defraud either for personal gain or immoraly is illegal under law.

That is how dogara would get his day in court.
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Sunnycliff(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2016
As the birds comes to roost so is the APC house of thievery getting their nyash blown open!

This will be the acid test of buharis anti corruption brouhaha

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by weezii(m): 11:47am On Aug 09, 2016
Please did I just hear the POLICE?

This case will also join the inconclusives of this administration.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by stano2(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Ok ..I'm m watching, time to suspend "the night of"series and watch this one episode2 showing and am watching.
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by szkz(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2016
biggest joke of the year

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by tkondscreen(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2016
WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!

POLICE, EFCC, ICPC.

MAKE I JOIN THIS TOO:

ICC
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by maximunimpact(m): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
Have you noticed that all those who so far tried to fight President Muhammadu Buhari ended up divided and started fighting themselves? Be it NLC, Niger Delta Militants, IPOB/MASSOB, PDP, etc NOW Boko Haram and National Assembly...

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by Ikigia: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
I hope to see the end of THIS
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by pode(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
My only question to ask is, are efcc no longer in this country again or they went for special training outside the shore of this country?
Re: Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget by jrusky(m): 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
Police probe or to probe budget padding You mean Nigeria police or Alien police from outer space Did Nigeria has police

So EFCC is no longer in position to probe corruption again So because its Dogara APC loyalist now police is to probe the padding

Anyway all I know is no matter how APC run or lies or pretend one day is one day Nigerian will catch up on them no matter how smart you guys are surely the clock will click on you so hrsh and badly one good day. You think Nigerians are fools isn't

Nigeria has yet to see anything more still loading right in the face of Buhari if urgent turn around fail to ensue Nigeria might distingrate into pieces because Buhari + APC are curse to Nigeria.

Seun Osewa, Lala or lailai and Mynd44 or 43 or whatever when I told you sometime ago that soon bloggers will be pick up by EFcc you laughed at me comment and I said it then that Nairaland is a target, more is still loading let our so called celebrity my foots be preparing their rain of pains is about to fall especially those flaunting money and wealth around your pain time is loading and you will pick up to explain yourself you may laugh this also but keep watching I think a blogger was picked yesterday or 3 days ago and EFCC said he is a scammer but he was not a scammer when the idiot was supporting Buhari but now that he exposed them he is now a scammer.

This govt just disgust me with passion everyday because I don't see any good reason why the old deviL PDP were voted out of power I see no different in fact this is even the worst.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Innoson Is Being Punished By Fg / Rebbeca Sharibu: Leah Sharibu Will Return Alive, I'm Hopeful / Confusion As FG Denies Petrol Price Hike, Marketers Seek Deregulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.