Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss (523 Views)

Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Nigeria Gets $500,000 CAF Grant For 2018 World Cup / Mikel, Others Stop Siasia From Resigning As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by robosky02(m): 8:56am On Aug 09, 2016
CAF $60,000 to pay Siasia, others - NFF boss Pinnick

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has disclosed he has directed that a grant of $60,000 recently received from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) be used to clear the unpaid salaries of Nigeria Olympic team coach Samson Siasia and his assistants.

READ: Mikel stops Siasia from resigning

Before the Olympics in Rio, Siasia told the media he has not received his salary for five months.

It has also been revealed by AfricanFootball.com that the coach threatened to quit his post after the team’s win over Sweden in Manaus on Monday and had to be begged by his players led by Chelsea star Mikel Obi to rescind this decision.

“I have directed the secretariat that the $60,000 we received from CAF be used immediately to pay the U23 team coaches,” Pinnick revealed on a YouTube interview.

“Use this money to pay them and we are in the process of paying them.”

The NFF boss admitted the federation is “financially challenged”.

He said the past NFF administration led by Aminu Maigari left his board with “an obscene amount of debts”.

cc: lalasticlala
http://africanfootball.com/news/636667/CAF-60000-to-pay-Siasia-others-NFF-boss-Pinnick

Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by Tolexander: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2016
“I have directed the secretariat that the $60,000 we received from CAF be used immediately to pay the U23 team coaches,” Pinnick revealed on a YouTube interview.
action speaks louder than voice.

Tell us only if Samson Siasia and his assistant have received the payment alert and not this word "I have directed".
Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by robosky02(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Tolexander:
action speaks louder than voice.

Tell us only if Samson Siasia and his assistant have received the payment alert and not this word "I have directed".

for once they now agree they are owing

and now channeling the grant to pay for people that worked for it
Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by Tolexander: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2016
robosky02:

for once they now agree they are owing

and now channeling the grant to pay for people that worked for it
mind you bro, they are still channelling, and channel can be diverted at anytime in Nigeria before getting to the destination, without considering much of the "alluvials" offloaded at the bank of the channel.
Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by lexyman(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2016
Why can't he come up with an interview when the funds gets to their account ? I would have love to see , Siasia and his boys received payment in full , as caf 60,000usd grant was put in use ."
Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by robosky02(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigeria Olympic team paid to avert pay strike:

A pay strike that could well have seen Nigeria boycott Wednesday night’s Rio Olympics game against Colombia has been averted after the team received part of their allowances.

It was reported that the coach Samson Siasia-led team threatened to shun the last group game against Colombia in Sao Paulo if they were not paid.

Officials said the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) paid each player $1650 being allowances to cover 11 days.

“The team camp is bubbling now after this payment,” said one of the players.

The team have been embroiled in one crisis after the other – they were stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta, Georgia, before they landed Brazil on match day and the players led by skipper Mikel Obi had to beg Siasia not to quit after the Sweden game.

It would also be recalled that two years ago, the Nigerian government had to fly in cash to douse a pay row at the 2014 World Cup also in Brazil.

Nigeria have now qualified for the quarterfinals of the Rio Olympics with a game to spare.

They battle Colombia by 11pm Nigerian time on Wednesday in Sao Paulo in their final group match.
Re: CAF Grant Of $60,000 To Be Used To Pay Siasia, Others Unpaid Salaries- NFF Boss by easyelliot(m): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
Thought they didn't owe anybody?

If Im the players and coaching staff, I will not touch that field until I get an alert in my account.

No alert then we will just dash Colombia the game.

Chikena!

(1) (Reply)

Wade’s Cousin Shot & Killed While Walking With Her Baby / Team Nigeria At The Rio Paralympics Pose With The Minister Of Sports (photos) / “we Can’t Participate In The World Cup Qualifiers Because We Are Too Broke”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.