Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? (923 Views)

Invest In Ibeju Lekki Lands Or Invest In Iphone8 #star City 550k #iphone8 750k / Ikorodu GRA 3 Scheme Lands For Sale@odonla,.Ikorodu With C Of O. / Dry Lands At Ibeju-lekki For 675,000...Offer ends soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by MasterofNL: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3277225/lagos-yoruba-land-he-hath

This is in response to thread with link above.

All the Igbos I know in Lagos and other parts of SW that own landed property paid duly for them.

I don't know of any single Igboman or woman that forcefully took land from the Yorubas in Lagos.

Igbos spot a land/property, meet the owners and even the family members, settle all the bills tabled before them, settle omonile/agbero/owomida etc before they are handed any piece of land in Lagos.

Why then do Yorubas grumble and complain that Igbos are taking their lands from them?

Is it not the same Yorubas that sell these lands?

I don't understand this at all and I want yorubas to explain to me why after selling your land to Igbos, you turn around and grumble that we are taking your lands. embarassed embarassed

Igbos have NEVER forced the Yorubas to sell them lands so why this nitterness please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by richidinho(m): 10:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Yorubas are always insecure in their land

Maybe their eyes just clear now
Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by samutd4u(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2016
Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by saintkel(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2016
Expect to see them here, children of hate, they see no good in an Igbo man even when it shld be we hating them
Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by olaNL: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2016
No one is complaining.
e.g
Just because you buy a piece of land in Europe doesn't make you and European it doesn't also mean you own Europe.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by YourMrBoo: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2016
Are you minding those confused afonjas??
Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by sorepco(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2016
Y r u so pompous and nauseous?? Has any Yoruba man complained to you. Arrogance comes b4 a great fall. I believe u r not igbo!! U seem to delight at the fight bw Yorubas and igbos. Well i guess most perps r busy being serious 2 respond to ur nonsensical gibberish
MasterofNL:

This is in response to thread with link above.

All the Igbos I know in Lagos and other parts of SW that own landed property paid duly for them.

I don't know of any single Igboman or woman that forcefully took land from the Yorubas in Lagos.

Igbos spot a land/property, meet the owners and even the family members, settle all the bills tabled before them, settle omonile/agbero/owomida etc before they are handed any piece of land in Lagos.

Why then do Yorubas grumble and complain that Igbos are taking their lands from them?

Is it not the same Yorubas that sell these lands?

I don't understand this at all and I want yorubas to explain to me why after selling your land to Igbos, you turn around and grumble that we are taking your lands. embarassed embarassed

Igbos have NEVER forced the Yorubas to sell them lands so why this nitterness please?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by MasterofNL: 11:14am On Aug 09, 2016
sorepco:
Y r u so pompous and nauseous?? Has any Yoruba man complained to you. Arrogance comes b4 a great fall. I believe u r not igbo!! U seem to delight at the fight bw Yorubas and igbos. Well i guess most perps r busy being serious 2 respond to ur nonsensical gibberish

Hennhennhenn,

Click this link and read for yourself what a Yoruba Governor is saying:

Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by Mboi: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2016
olaNL:
No one is complaining.
e.g
Just because you buy a piece of land in Europe doesn't make you and European it doesn't also mean you own Europe.
See this one, where do you come from? If you buy a land or house in US or Europe, are you not the owner of the land or house? Will they come back and complain Nigerians are taking over their lands? Come to Lagos, you'll see them. After selling their grand father's land to you which is their only inheritance, they will collect a lot of money as Omonille when you start your project, disturb you all the way, you'll see young boys that are supposed to be helping themselves, they will be moving around with Babas colloecting small small money. When they finish the money they realised from the sale of their father's land, hunger will come, that's when they start shouting Ibos are taking their land that they will chase them bck to their land meanwhile na them sell their birthright.
Re: Why Do Yorubas Complain That Igbos Are Taking Their Lands After Selling Them? by MasterofNL: 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Mboi:

See this one, where do you come from? If you buy a land or house in US or Europe, are you not the owner of the land or house? Will they come back and complain Nigerians are taking over their lands? Come to Lagos, you'll see them. After selling their grand father's land to you which is their only inheritance, they will collect a lot of money as Omonille when you start your project, disturb you all the way, you'll see young boys that are supposed to be helping themselves, they will be moving around with Babas colloecting small small money. When they finish the money they realised from the sale of their father's land, hunger will come, that's when they start shouting Ibos are taking their land that they will chase them bck to their land meanwhile na them sell their birthright.

You just described them 100%

Kudos!!!

(1) (Reply)

House Property For Sale. Location Enugu Town / Check Dis Fenced Corner Piece Of Land In Victoria Island Lagos. / Pay 4m, Move Into Your House @ Green City, Isheri!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.