Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? (4281 Views)

Best App For Creating Animated Videos? / 5 Nigerian Animated Videos You Need To See / Obika3. Hillarious Animated Comedy By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by nijabazaar: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2016
The season’s biggest hit, Finding Dory, while surprise smash The Secret Life of Pets all approached $900 million dollars....That these hits are animated, along with Zootopia’ huge $1bn take in March, indicate that children remain the most reliable demographic when it comes to film, why then is Nollywood not cashing in.

Animation is a huge money spinner and yet no producer wants to venture into it. WHY?

There are talented animators, modellers and riggers in Nigeria even on NL sef, i see them aplenty. why cant they be harnessed?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by wabdesigns(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2016
nijabazaar:
The season’s biggest hit, Finding Dory, while surprise smash The Secret Life of Pets all approached $900 million dollars....That these hits are animated, along with Zootopia’ huge $1bn take in March, indicate that children remain the most reliable demographic when it comes to film, why then is Nollywood not cashing in.

Animation is a huge money spinner and yet no producer wants to venture into it. WHY?

There are talented animators, modellers and riggers in Nigeria even on NL sef, i see them aplenty. why cant they be harnessed?

It is not easy as think. I needs a lot of cash and time. No be teeth dem use produced those Hollywood blockbuster. I am sure you don't won't a substandard animation. No one has the money to make a standard animated movie such as Zootopia, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by julimax(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
But you can always have a staring point and improve on it with time. Go back and watch "living in bondage" and see how we've come. The thing is the nollywood producers are not ready to risk on animation for now. Yea animation takes time to make and require a lot of details and professionalism. They are use to putting up something in 2 weeks and getting their money back sharp sharp. You can imagine where an entire video editing for a film is budgeted at 150k, now tell that producer to now pay for special VFX at least not to take of keeping a team of animators and waiting for months to finalize the project. I've approached producers with good scripts for animation projects and they share thesame fear.

1 they fear Nigerians (larger population that follow the normal nollywood drama may not find animation appealing or simply not yet ready for it. Who said so? When we consume a lot of foreign animation content?

2. They don't have the patience.

3. Funding.

4. Right tools and skill.

With some of these challenges, Most animators just stick to short videos for now

But are gradually changing...

appealing
wabdesigns:

It is not easy as think. I needs a lot of cash and time. No be teeth dem use produced those Hollywood blockbuster. I am sure you don't won't a substandard animation. No one has the money to make a standard animated movie such as Zootopia, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by nijabazaar: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
julimax:
But you can always have a staring point and improve on it with time. Go back and watch "living in bondage" and see how we've come.

I like this....they should just experiment and produce anythang, even if crap. Your analogy with Livin in Bondage is so apt, The crap one produces today wll be the founding blocks for the Zootopia of tomorrow.

Maybe i should do some crowd funding? Initiat a group for all 3D guys on NL to bound their talents together.

I often liken myself to that guy in Big Hero 6, who hangs out with the science guys, though he knows notin about science. I am interested in 3D films but i cant use 3D softies but that does not mean we shouldnt make money with it.

what happens to hiring outside help sef. these producers should go to China and India and produce animations on the go (a matter of three months will have Chinese animators doing ur stuff)

There x money in this thing!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
We are lazy? i think most producers are always afraid to leap. And there is so much money in this Animation biz. much
With our huge population, i still woner why its not a regular feature in Nollywood.

@wabdesign, it takes money right? Most producers can afford $i million dollars. There are one million dollar animated features that earn 50million dollars. As for the skills, there are willing interns in California, China, London, even Nigeria that can offer their talents at half the price of established Animators. South Africa has a major animation studio that once hired the likes of Samuel L jackson and Haile berry to do voice overs and a t a low budget. The film ended up a block buster.

Just wait for one person to make 5 million naira from animated feature in this country and you would see the crowd rush. Many waited for that Livin in Bondage guy to turn vhs to money before they believe that film can earn money.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by wabdesigns(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
kazuna:
We are lazy? i think most producers are always afraid to leap. And there is so much money in this Animation biz. much
With our huge population, i still woner why its not a regular feature in Nollywood.

@wabdesign, it takes money right? Most producers can afford $i million dollars. There are one million dollar animated features that earn 50million dollars. As for the skills, there are willing interns in California, China, London, even Nigeria that can offer their talents at half the price of established Animators. South Africa has a major animation studio that once hired the likes of Samuel L jackson and Haile berry to do voice overs and a t a low budget. The film ended up a block buster.

Just wait for one person to make 5 million naira from animated feature in this country and you would see the crowd rush. Many waited for that Livin in Bondage guy to turn vhs to money before they believe that film can earn money.

Great point. We can start from somewhere.

But

It is very risky. What of if they don't get their capital back?
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by felixchip(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
The problem is, Living in bondage was filmed way back when there were few good movies and Nigerians appreciated the fact that it's done by one of their own.

Producing a standard animated movie will cost you nothing less $10 - 20 million.
How many producers in Nigeria are ready to throw in that amount of money?

If you say they start small, in what aspect?
Start small from low standard or short videos?
Everyday, there are a good number of cool animated video on the internet. Would you for any reason spend your money purchasing something you know is not worth it? Nop.

The way things are as of now, the easiest way to come up with such movie is if Designer, animators, character creators, illustrators, VFX artists and the likes come together to work on something.

But, that's another problem. 'Cause most CG guys in Nigeria want to take Credit for producing an animated movie. They want to do everything on their own. But, that's not how it's done.

The key thing is collaboration.
It could be CG guys collaborating.
Or producers deciding to throw their money together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
forget the technicalities n budget in making animated series..let's paraphrase it.

Lack of potential and creativity
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by wabdesigns(m): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
supersystems:
forget the technicalities n budget in making animated series..let's paraphrase it.

Don't say that. Are you not creative?
There are a lot creative Nigerian designers/ animators out there.

I consider your statement as an insult, bro.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by wabdesigns(m): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
supersystems:

felixchip:
The problem is, Living in bondage was filmed way back when there were few good movies and Nigerians appreciated the fact that it's done by one of their own.
Producing a standard animated movie will cost you nothing less $10 - 20 million.
How many producers in Nigeria are ready to throw in that amount of money?
If you say they start small, in what aspect?
Start small from low standard or short videos?
Everyday, there are a good number of cool animated video on the internet. Would you for any reason spend your money purchasing something you know is not worth it? Nop.
The way things are as of now, the easiest way to come up with such movie is if Designer, animators, character creators, illustrators, VFX artists and the likes come together to work on something.
But, that's another problem. 'Cause most CG guys in Nigeria want to take Credit for producing an animated movie. They want to do everything on their own. But, that's not how it's done.
The key thing is collaboration.
It could be CG guys collaborating.
Or producers deciding to throw their money together.

You made a lot of sense.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
wabdesigns:

You made a lot of sense.

I disbelieve the constant Hollywood blockbusters are done with this or that millions.Why ? Even hollywood or bollywood didnt have these figures when they started doing good movies.I've watched chinese movies produced in 1950-1960 and the storylines are relevant and not-bad even now when i watch them.

Our story lines are weak,we kill each other when each other rises so we can;t get that level of productivity.Productivity at certain levels require like-minded creativty people to work together from the story board section to animation to financiers to voice and character..make i no go that direction.

It's difficult to get 7 black men to do business with each other and not kill each other with wiitchcraft,these movies are products of many minds..it simpply can't fly.

But if Naruto which is Japanese started with an individual i dont see why anyone should say he requires millions to make a block buster,it's just an escapist excuse.

Bottomline good things take time,they then evolve and become block busters many of us are consequences of military regime the country suffered from.We want things done in a flash withouth the need for process.Process is the other vital reasons many Africans will never excel till Jesus come.Go thru process and you'll get whatever results you crave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
wabdesigns:

Don't say that. Are you not creative?
There are a lot creative Nigerian designers/ animators out there.

I consider your statement as an insult, bro.

Lol.ablity to create blockbusters is differnet from ability to create an animated character.Wake up it's an expanse.it's beyond an individual we dont have intelligent-driven organizations in large amounts.Our generation is just kkick-starting it and we will get thtere 100% sure but not at the moment
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by reidkrugger(m): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Following with search lights.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
supersystems:

Dont puncture people's balloon na tongue
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
kazuna:

Dont puncture people's balloon na tongue

bro it is not like that.I'm surrounded by animators and talented graphics designers i've had the opportunity of meeting geniuses but at some point individual effort can only travel far and we keep pulling each other down.the story board artist can not design.the guy who writes can not do the voice over all this and that and the tediousness that goes into it.

We are already there.i've been researching on Nigerian cartoons and i've seen bright sparks but then its not about the animation..We need stories that can relate to a broad audience.Even Tuface and Dbanj could only stretch themselves abuit far..Ramsey Nouah,Omotola,Geneieve all tried and failed.Global appeal is different from the local scenery
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by felixchip(m): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
supersystems:

bro it is not like that.I'm surrounded by animators and talented graphics designers i've had the opportunity of meeting geniuses but at some point individual effort can only travel far and we keep pulling each other down.the story board artist can not design.the guy who writes can not do the voice over all this and that and the tediousness that goes into it.

We are already there.i've been researching on Nigerian cartoons and i've seen bright sparks but then its not about the animation..We need stories that can relate to a broad audience.Even Tuface and Dbanj could only stretch themselves abuit far..Ramsey Nouah,Omotola,Geneieve all tried and failed.Global appeal is different from the local scenery

Mister, I'd like to comment on what you said.
You made mention of Chinese movies way back in 1950. The same thing applies. But the truth is, Nollywood was not there in 1950. But, those first movies shot in Nigeria, even up till today will still get your attention.

But, as the day breaks, so does technology grow. Nobody is waiting for Nollywood to go through the phases Bollywood and Hollywood went through before they can make good movies. Not at all. 'Cause every Friday night in the Cinemas, we 're graced with wonderful and real cool Hollywood movies, and you expect me to wait till Nollywood can make good movies? NO!

The thing is, there are too many movie producers who want to make their money in less than 5 - 6 months. And Actors who want nothing but just the cash.

There are very few Producers who understand how it works and still make good movies.
Look at Kunle Afoleyan, Stephanie and some others. October 1st took over 3 - 4 years. He took his time.

But, making good animated movies, Producers won't even pay the few CG guys who do VFX in movies, it's to pay you millions for one movie? Certainly not in Naija.

If Creatives decide to work on a good movie, then can arrive at sonething cool. But, another thing, which light you want take render the scenes?
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by nijabazaar: 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
felixchip:

which light you want take render the scenes?

You can outsource rendering to Farms in finland. Infact research indicate Finland had the cheapest rendering farms in the world....so Nepa wont be an issue.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by reidkrugger(m): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2016
All diz r valid inputs but lets get real here. If mktrs can only dole out btw 5 to 20M for a film wi abt 2 to 4 known stars n evriothr tin includg wrappin up within a mth then hw do u xpect them to pay 100animators, 30modelers, evri1 down to samuel l jackson n halle berry? Yeah, dats wat i tot, it aint hapnin.
Blockbusters takes alot to happen n sadly our animations r stil crappy. How many animators do u think dis country can boast of in total? Now, how many of them r blockbuster good? U stil hv egos n sentiments to deal wi along d line dat kills creativity.
The only way out is to start on ur own on a small scale n ofcourse u'll need funds maybe upto 20M but once thr, d financiers will start beggin for a piece of d pie. But, u hv to b incredibly good as hell, at least beta dan most of dz tins i'm seein or mayb nickelodeon's level. Dats how disney n warner started in d 1930's. Dats d only way out.
Any1 into animations here shld undrstnd dat d mkt he seeks is majorly outside dz shores. Dats whr d money is.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 10, 2016
felixchip:

Mister, I'd like to comment on what you said.
You made mention of Chinese movies way back in 1950. The same thing applies. But the truth is, Nollywood was not there in 1950. But, those first movies shot in Nigeria, even up till today will still get your attention.

But, as the day breaks, so does technology grow. Nobody is waiting for Nollywood to go through the phases Bollywood and Hollywood went through before they can make good movies. Not at all. 'Cause every Friday night in the Cinemas, we 're graced with wonderful and real cool Hollywood movies, and you expect me to wait till Nollywood can make good movies? NO!

The thing is, there are too many movie producers who want to make their money in less than 5 - 6 months. And Actors who want nothing but just the cash.

There are very few Producers who understand how it works and still make good movies.
Look at Kunle Afoleyan, Stephanie and some others. October 1st took over 3 - 4 years. He took his time.

But, making good animated movies, Producers won't even pay the few CG guys who do VFX in movies, it's to pay you millions for one movie? Certainly not in Naija.

If Creatives decide to work on a good movie, then can arrive at sonething cool. But, another thing, which light you want take render the scenes?

i dont disagree with you one bit but u missed the core of everything i've said,the centerpiece of a good movie is a good story and it doesn't require money or tools to get that.Good stories are freely conceived if the mind is active.If there are good stories all other things can be built around it
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 10, 2016
reidkrugger:
All diz r valid inputs but lets get real here. If mktrs can only dole out btw 5 to 20M for a film wi abt 2 to 4 known stars n evriothr tin includg wrappin up within a mth then hw do u xpect them to pay 100animators, 30modelers, evri1 down to samuel l jackson n halle berry? Yeah, dats wat i tot, it aint hapnin.
Blockbusters takes alot to happen n sadly our animations r stil crappy. How many animators do u think dis country can boast of in total? Now, how many of them r blockbuster good? U stil hv egos n sentiments to deal wi along d line dat kills creativity.
The only way out is to start on ur own on a small scale n ofcourse u'll need funds maybe upto 20M but once thr, d financiers will start beggin for a piece of d pie. But, u hv to b incredibly good as hell, at least beta dan most of dz tins i'm seein or mayb nickelodeon's level. Dats how disney n warner started in d 1930's. Dats d only way out.
Any1 into animations here shld undrstnd dat d mkt he seeks is majorly outside dz shores. Dats whr d money is.

u dont need 100 animators and 30 modellers to make a good animated series.
Check Naruto,the ending of the first series and check out the names of people that worked on each episode they weren't a million

Anyway i'v picked up an interest in cartoons latley,maybe i can help ths country..Lol
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by reidkrugger(m): 7:30am On Aug 10, 2016
supersystems:

u dont need 100 animators and 30 modellers to make a good animated series.
Check Naruto,the ending of the first series and check out the names of people that worked on each episode they weren't a million

Anyway i'v picked up an interest in cartoons latley,maybe i can help ths country..Lol

Hmmm, is naruto a blocbuster? Also, its gud dat u've pikd up an interest in cartoons lately, if u r a newbie now, maybe in three to five years time u'll begin to have a better understanding of d subject. Talking my friend, is not enough.
Blockbusters are not just successful films, they require huge investments n r in turn successful. Otherwise d "area cartoons" would fit d term blockburster. U dig?
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by nijabazaar: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2016
reidkrugger:

I think the solution to that is....outsource.
becus there are not enough talents in animation here does not mean that a producer cant import animators. The blender institute in Netherlands has a reservoir of inhouse animators and riggers, they are their mostly as freelancers, a producer could easily wire them down here and they could work and impact requisite skillsets with local 3d guys here on a production set.

same thing with the French institure of animators....they are mostly there for hire. N.b i ve not even mentioned the small small companies scattered around hollywood.

a producer who really wants to do something just needs a good story like Felixchip said and some 5 million dollars and voila an animated feature could be done. Sintel was done with less than 5 milla with freelance animators.

The animators and riggers in that flick werent even more than 8 and were paid less than $8000.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 10, 2016
reidkrugger:

Hmmm, is naruto a blocbuster? Also, its gud dat u've pikd up an interest in cartoons lately, if u r a newbie now, maybe in three to five years time u'll begin to have a better understanding of d subject. Talking my friend, is not enough.
Blockbusters are not just successful films, they require huge investments n r in turn successful. Otherwise d "area cartoons" would fit d term blockburster. U dig?

Lol.how did i offend you.Must people thesedays berate people or super impose their ideologies to be perceived as " more " intelligent ?
na my fault

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
nijabazaar:

I think the solution to that is....outsource.
becus there are not enough talents in animation here does not mean that a producer cant import animators. The blender institute in Netherlands has a reservoir of inhouse animators and riggers, they are their mostly as freelancers, a producer could easily wire them down here and they could work and impact requisite skillsets with local 3d guys here on a production set.

same thing with the French institure of animators....they are mostly there for hire. N.b i ve not even mentioned the small small companies scattered around hollywood.

a producer who really wants to do something just needs a good story like Felixchip said and some 5 million dollars and voila an animated feature could be done. Sintel was done with less than 5 milla with freelance animators.

The animators and riggers in that flick werent even more than 8 and were paid less than $8000.

exactly my point.we dont need 100 animators to make a quality production.
it starts with a good story and the add-ons can come in.We don't see stories that can break beyond the local market..but it's possible just 15 very skilled hands for example can produce a high quality stuff.i don't doubt our talents

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by reidkrugger(m): 8:15am On Aug 10, 2016
The animators and riggers in that flick werent even more than 8 and were paid less than $8000.[/quote]

R u saying dat d animators totalled $8k for d whole project?
Well, i've not seen dat film in full so i cant talk mch abt it and i'm mostly drawn to d pixars, bluesky, disney, dreamsorks n recently illuminations studios becuz dat is how i want to animate. They define animations.
Importing animators for blockbusters may not work bcuz of finance unless they r not seasoned types. A seasoned animator will not charge u less than $4k to come work here from his station n u'll still need plenty of them.
Now if u talkin anyother tin less than blockbuster, then d situation might b different. And for d record, i luv naruto alot bt dat dsnt place it on par wi pixar films. It's murder. Most of us watch it bcuz of d incredible story-line not d animation. And we dnt watch it in theaters either but yes, a venture like dat cld mk money. Infact i'm considering one myself.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by felixchip(m): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2016
@reidkrugger, I know so well that some animators in Nigeria are boastful. But, don't you think you've not met the real good guys.

Sometime last year when I decided to shoot my C4D skills high, I found this group on facebook. Mostly Naija guys. And they were throwing in all the info they could. To the extent of helping me sell a toy character I had modelled and was compelled to animate by one of them. These are experts when it comes to modelling, rigging, UV mapping and animation.

Take your time and look around. They are there. But, don't forget, no matter how much money and resources you have, you cannot do it alone.

You asked if Naruto is a Blockbuster, then, I wonder if you actually understand what a Blockbuster is actually.

@Supersystems, primarily, a good storyline is what is needed for a good movie. But, have you not noticed that some movies being churned out by Nollywood would have been good if the Director did his homework and if the producer gave 'em more time.

The problem is wanting to get their money back As Soon As they can. So, even the Director won't have the freedom to steer the Characters to do it right. Rather they will keep pushing it till season 8 which altogether are not up to one episode of a real movie.

A good story is important just like money is.

It's cool you're picking interest in cartoon.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2016
felixchip:
@reidkrugger, I know so well that some animators in Nigeria are boastful. But, don't you think you've not met the real good guys.

Sometime last year when I decided to shoot my C4D skills high, I found this group on facebook. Mostly Naija guys. And they were throwing in all the info they knew. To the extent of helping me sell a toy character I had modelled and was compelled to animate by one of them. These are experts when it come to modelling, rigging, UV mapping and animation.

Take your time and look around. They are there. But, don't forget, no matter how much money and resources you have, you cannot do it alone.

You asked if Naruto is a Blockbuster, then, I wonder if you actually understand what a Blockbuster is actually.

@Supersystems, primarily, a good storyline is what is needed for a good movie. But, have you not noticed that some movies being churned out by Nollywood would have been good if the Director did his homework and if the producer gave 'em more time.

The problem is wanting to get their money back As Soon As they can. So, even the Director won't have the freedom to steer the Characters to do it right. Or they will keep pushing it till season 8 which altogether are not up to one episode of a real movie.

A good story is important just like money is.

It's cool you're picking interest in cartoon.

Weell said my brother,you've help us summarized and expressed it very thoughfully.May God help our generation.We have all the reasons to get it right and shouldn't look for excuses.

God bless our hussle !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by nijabazaar: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2016
supersystems:

Weell said my brother,you've help us summarized and expressed it very thoughfully.May God help our generation.We have all the reasons to get it right and shouldn't look for excuses.

God bless our hussle !!!
Amen.
I have always believed we can do it.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 10, 2016
nijabazaar:

Amen.
I have always believed we can do it.

We will.personally i think i should produce a fancy cartoon within the next 7years
Many groups are springing up everywhere thesedays and coming up with stuvs if you search facebook for Nigerian cartoons you will see hard working gents doing their thing
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by julimax(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
All this talk about we not good enough yet are just bubble bursting. We are never going to be at the same level with Hollywood even if we wait for another 10-20 years. Our Nollywood films are not as good as Hollywood but they sell all over africa. Why? Cos they tell our stories our way and our people relate to it better. Now I know we've got loads of African folk tales and myths we would love to see animated. We don't need to be as good as hollywood to start something. All we just need is that first break.
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by prof800(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
nijabazaar your "WHY" is so scarry! sad sad sad sad It is well.

felixchip I see you. Iwotago? You are there! grin
Re: Why Cant Nollywood Make Animated Blockbusters? Are We That Lazy? by reidkrugger(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2016
Felix: @reidkrugger, don't you think you've not met the real good guys.

Me: As regards animations, i only know of about five in naija as a whole. "Really good".

Felix: You asked if Naruto is a Blockbuster, then, I wonder if you actually understand what a Blockbuster is actually.

Me: Naruto is not a blockbuster, it's a high grossing n successful film that would at best fit in as a "sleeper hit". I Encourage U to read abt d term blockbuster for better insight on d word.

Now, at @Supersystems, dis whole tin started wi u misunderstandin wat blockbuster is n accusing me of been offensive. To u i hv ds to say, "na my fault". We never comot for NL n u don de build egos. Dis got me wondering what u meant by black men killing eachother on d job n quite frankly, i dont c u as an exception. Plus, i'm not mad at u at all but get ur angles right before trying to pull sm1 down.

Yeeeeaaaahhh!!! Thank u mods for banning me throughout yesterday. Way to go.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Logo Designer Wanted / Is This The Naija At 50 Logo? / Amazing Pictures Of Nature, People, Animals And Random Objects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.