Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread - Phones (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread (266165 Views)

Infinix Note 4/4 Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Unboxing The Infinix Hot 4 X557 In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by edobor108(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2018
how much can I get hot4 at the market now
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:09am On Feb 27, 2018
edobor108:
how much can I get hot4 at the market now

38,500 but I'd advice you go for Hot5 since its the same price and somewhat same specs.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by edobor108(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

38,500 but I'd advice you go for Hot5 since its the same price and somewhat same specs.
have use the hot5 b4, that phone is most useless phone have ever use, the lagging of that phone no b here and build quality na nonsense
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2018
edobor108:
have use the hot5 b4, that phone is most useless phone have ever use, the lagging of that phone no b here and build quality na nonsense

Not the same hot 5 I've used.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by edobor108(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

Not the same hot 5 I've used.
is yours the first model?
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
edobor108:
is yours the first model?

Yes. 2GB/16GB not the lite version.

Currently using both the hot 5 and the hot 4 and I can tell you there isn't much difference in terms of functionality.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by jeccy(f): 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Pls were is d Carl care center located in port Harcourt my infinity hot 4 started misbehaving since yesterday.I no longer receive notifications (facebook what's app instagram etc) d two buttons on d left hand side of d fone also stopped working
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by jeccy(f): 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Othello92:
please my infinix hot 4 x557 touch pad is misbehaving. it did not fall, it just started like that. the maximize and reverse button only.
initially when it does this I press the power button then unlock it and the touch pad picks up but now the minimize and back button have entirely stopped respondin.

is it a touch pad issue or viral issue. what do I do?
Pls am also facing Dis same issue, someone should help me
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
jeccy:
Pls were is d Carl care center located in port Harcourt my infinity hot 4 started misbehaving since yesterday.I no longer receive notifications (facebook what's app instagram etc) d two buttons on d left hand side of d fone also stopped working

Software problem ( Facebook notification ish) can be solved by doing a factory reset, but before you do this, make sure your phone isn't in power saving mode as it halts the function (Notification), if its on them off it snd check if its working, if it isn't then proceed to do the factory reset.

Hardware problem (Two button) there are no button on the left side of hot 4 not even the hot 5, there are 3 buttons on the right. (Please clarify on this, which of the 3 buttons are malfunctioning, power button and one of the volume button or the two volume button ?)
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by edobor108(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

Yes. 2GB/16GB not the lite version.

Currently using both the hot 5 and the hot 4 and I can tell you there isn't much difference in terms of functionality.
u can't compare the multitasking of hot5 (2gb/16gb) with hot4 even the build quality of hot4 beat hot5 handdown
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
edobor108:
u can't compare the multitasking of hot5 (2gb/16gb) with hot4 even the build quality of hot4 beat hot5 handdown

I'm currently using both, honestly i don't notice any thing different in terms of multitasking.

I think i prefer hot 5 build quality as the iron around the camera and fingerprint sensor on the hot 4 sometimes gets a little hot, especially when the flashlight (Torch) has been on for a while. The hot 5 is pretty and i like the design, don't even get me started on the dual front facing speakers + dirac = Bliss (mini sound system)
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by zadokokezie(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hye guy.. my hot 4 fell inside water. I was advised 2 leave it inside a bag of rice 4 24hr. I did dat and now my phone is partially alright. the charging port Is not working anymore and d selfie camera is kinda blurry. am thinking of taking it to Calcare here in owerri. I still have the warranty and receipt. the phone is not yet up 2 a year since I got it. what do u think I do. I have never been to Calcare so I don't know what to expect. Pls I need ur opinion as soon as possible.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2018
zadokokezie:
Hye guy.. my hot 4 fell inside water. I was advised 2 leave it inside a bag of rice 4 24hr. I did dat and now my phone is partially alright. the charging port Is not working anymore and d selfie camera is kinda blurry. am thinking of taking it to Calcare here in owerri. I still have the warranty and receipt. the phone is not yet up 2 a year since I got it. what do u think I do. I have never been to Calcare so I don't know what to expect. Pls I need ur opinion as soon as possible.

Take it straight to carl care. They might charge you for the repair but it's your only choice.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:09am On Feb 28, 2018
zadokokezie:
Hello @zadokokexie You're right to go by our Owerri branch. The Engineer on ground will do a check & let you know what you'll be paying for.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by CarlcareOpebi(f): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2018
jeccy:
Hello @jeccy You can go to SETTINGS, then scroll to & open Notifications to check if they're turned on. The other complaint is hardware related. You may reset your device - remember to backup - first to see if the buttons will work.

Here's the address of our PHC office:
PORT HARCOURT [PH]
HOTLINE: 08181700046 / 08181700074
2ND FLOOR, NO.17 RUMUOBIKANI, TRANS-AMADI ROAD, PORT HARC, RIVERS TATE, NIGERIA.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by zadokokezie(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello @zadokokexie You're right to go by our Owerri branch. The Engineer on ground will do a check & let you know what you'll be paying for.

OK I went there today. the lady on the counter said it is #700 to fix the charging problem but when I told her that it fell inside water she returned the phone and said that I would pay #17000 for them to fix it. I don't have up to #5000 in my account to do that. so I tried charging it and thank God It started charging normally. but now am confused about the issue. I don't know if there is still water inside the phone because some people said if the phone is not opened soon it will develop other fault like network problem, rebooting, screen problem and am not ready to face that on my phone. Just don't know what to do....
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by HMajid: 1:49am On Mar 03, 2018
Skain:

OK... thanks for the response

Please blackchampion I need your help urgently kindly WhatsApp me
Please and please
For the sake of God and brotherhood
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 4:07am On Mar 03, 2018
Device been bricked, resurrected today grin
I only missed the battery life grin grin

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by nani667: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2018
kvngjesse:
Device been bricked, resurrected today grin I only missed the battery life grin grin
Big man Sire

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2018
kvngjesse:

Welcome back bro.

Which font is this ?
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
nani667:

Big man Sire
Baba I greet.
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

Welcome back bro.

Which font is this ?
Bellota

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Skain(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2018
HMajid:

Please blackchampion I need your help urgently kindly WhatsApp me asap on 08137646344
Please and please
For the sake of God and brotherhood

you mentioned wrong person bro
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Mustiboy(m): 1:27am On Mar 04, 2018
kvngjesse:
welcome back bro.
Please I want to update my x557 to nougat. How do I go about it? And what android version is yours?

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 1:56am On Mar 04, 2018
Mustiboy:
welcome back bro.
Please I want to update my x557 to nougat. How do I go about it? And what android version is yours?
I was running on nougat before i got bricked, now am on marshmallow.
You go to your settings, then about phone, youll find system update there.

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by Mustiboy(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2018
kvngjesse:

I was running on nougat before i got bricked, now am on marshmallow.
You go to your settings, then about phone, youll find system update there.
thanks but is what I get anytime I try to update

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by oluwafunso97(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2018
Pls guys where can I get follow come battery for my infinix hot 4 pro, the 1 dat came with it just started swelling...
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Mustiboy:
thanks but is what I get anytime I try to update
You tried clicking that refresh button
After you click try rebooting too.
It happened to me cant remem how i fixed it.
Just try those steps
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by bastien: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Infinix hot 4 for sale
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by kvngjesse(m): 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Aosp rom on infinix hot 4 so smooth.
No lags at allll grin grin

Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by maazi99: 9:06am On Mar 08, 2018
If your Infinix Hot 4 or any other Infinix model running Nougat experience any of the problems below then you should check the links respectively.

1. Memory not accessible via PC or USB cable
2. Constant Rebooting
3. Phone gets too hot
4. Wi-Fi takes longer to connect
5. Call volume is sometimes low and unclear
6. Battery drains too fast
7. Phone takes up to 4 hours to charge complete
when receiving calls or sending calls, my infinix hot 4 screen
goes blank and all functions seizes
8. OTG not working
9. Permission problem keeps saying screen overlay is turned on
10. Hotspot not working when it’s switched on. If I attempt to set
it up from settings, it crashes.
11. Bluetooth switches on itself when I restart the phone.
12. Camera Isn’t working
13. Camera quality has reduced
14. Mobile data not working
15. Automatic screen rotation not working properly
16. Apps not responding
17. Constant System UI crashes
18. Recent apps not clearing

Then check this full blown article covering each problem here

https://www.chuksguide.com/helper/fix-infinix-hot-4-x557-hot-4-pro-bugs

For charging and charger not working problems , read the guide below

https://www.chuksguide.com/helper/not-charging-charger-not-working
Re: Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread by samobaba4u(m): 9:33am On Mar 09, 2018
please I don't know why my phone always convert SMS to MMS any time the message body reach the 4th page. anybody with this experience and how can it be rectified. thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (94) (Reply)

Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Windows Mobile Naija Forum / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.