Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] (39995 Views)

10-Year-Old Zimbabwean Eats Sex Sweets, Suffers ‘Everlasting’ Erection / Kitchen Gas Explosion Burnt Mother And Her 2-Week-Old Baby (Disturbing Photos) / The 'Tree Boy' Of Bangladesh Suffers From Skin Disorder That Affects His Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by cococandy(f): 4:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Pls shut up when people are talking about things you know nothing about.

Have you breastfed anyone before? Do you know it's possible for pain to limit the number of times a new mom breastfeed her baby? Do you know if maybe the mom wasn't producing enough to satisfy her baby? Or maybe she had to get back to work almost immediately?

Why not just just up and stop frothing at the mouth over issues beyond your comprehension.
I detest guys like you who come out to judge women when issues you'll never understand about women come up.

Until you grow boobs and carry a baby in your womb for nine month and then have to get up every two hours even in the middle of the night to feed your child, SHUT THE FVCK UP!!!

sapiosexual1:
This should be a lesson to all you young girls of today. Your boobs is meant to primarily give milk to your child, not as a fashion statement or a sex object.
Put them lips on those t.i.ts.
This careless mom was lucky her child had a mild hypersensitivity, some other persons would experience an anaphylactic shock which could cost the baby's life.
Such a careless mom and she is celebrating herself to the world. Her grandmom should ask her mom if she didn't teach her daughter the proper way to raise a child

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by cococandy(f): 4:47am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Like seriously my sister, after 9weeks?
The only reason she wouldn't be lactating at 9weeks post partum is if the baby was carried by a surrogate mum. But even at that, putting lips to nips intermittently for 2-3days would trigger the milk-let-down reflex.

Yea so meanwhile what does the child eat between those 2-3 days (or a whole week) while they wait for the milk to come in. Starve?
You didn't think about that before proceeding to pronounce harsh judgement on the woman you know nothing about.
Sounding like a proper ashole.

11 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by cococandy(f): 4:50am On Aug 10, 2016
Tell sapiosexual the judgmental mor0n
bigtalla:
Am a father.. When wifey got pregnant, i said wifey must do exclusive breast feeding when our baby comes... He did come but things aren't always picture perfect. Breast milk wasn't sufficient. Baby wanted to feed almost every hour. Nipls got sore. Power issues didn't encourage preservation of expressed breast milk.. Wifey slept less than 3 hours (cummulative) daily and was almost breaking down.

Nobody tell me.. I use my leg waka go buy baby food

..... and our boy is stronger than a roman soldier.....Thank God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by lielbree: 4:51am On Aug 10, 2016
abike12:
Hmmm. I've heard that excessive exercise reduces breastmilk production so that's something for new mums to consider. Maybe feed the baby to a certain age before joining fitfam??
The life of a woman is not easy! Yes exercise reduces bm flow and at the same time the mom want to get rid of baby fat asap as society now demands
How we go go angry

5 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by nomanicole(f): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Coldfeet:
Mr man relax! Do you have a baby? Do you think it's easy to do ebf? Most women want to but can't for various reasons!

1-inadequte milk flow, the milk is not enough to solely satisfy a baby. Would you rather your baby starve or introduce formula?

2- resuming work, with the epileptic power supply how do you suggest a woman stores breast milk when she goes back to work?

3- personal reasons some women just don't want to do ebf because of fear of breast sag! (Pressure from the husband)

Formula is milk and can be introduced as early as day one of birth! Most babies react to lactose( lactose intolerance) it could be a change of milk to one without lactose may have been the solution! Rather than condemning the milk out rightly. The way some food don't sit well with us so its the same for babies.

Don't be so quick to judge or condemning someone if you haven't been in their shoes.

thank you oh , some comments are baffling, and pathetic... to think some people are human beings. when you haven't walked in someone's shoes it is easy to just condemn like their own life is perfect or they know how things will go before it happens. like they are some god. thank God, he is not man.

6 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by lielbree: 4:57am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:

The only reason she wouldn't be lactating at 9weeks post partum is if the baby was carried by a surrogate mum. But even at that, putting lips to nips intermittently for 2-3days would trigger the milk-let-down reflex.
Say what you know! I've seen mothers who don't lactate!
I've also seen the ones who's production is simply inadequate to satisfy a baby and must use formular!

My father's aunt had NO BREASTMILK, it's was my father's mum that breast fed all her kids , luckily the were having kids almost the same time.

6 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by nomanicole(f): 4:58am On Aug 10, 2016
cococandy:

Have you breastfed anyone before? Do you know it's possible for pain to limit the number of times a new mom breastfeed her baby? Do you know if maybe the mom wasn't producing enough to satisfy her baby? Or maybe she had to get back to work almost immediately?

Why not just just up and stop frothing at the mouth over issues beyond your comprehension.
I detest guys like you who come out to judge women when issues you'll never understand about women come up.

Until you grow boobs and carry a baby in your womb for nine month and then have to get up every two hours even in the middle of the night to feed your child, SHUT THE FVCK UP!!!

nice one cococandy.. he is sure his wife's nipples will not bleed... he is sure she will produce milk and enough milk, and when baby can't latch on properly.. get a gun and shoot your wife. God forbid, oga u need to chill.

1 Like

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by Jamean(f): 5:01am On Aug 10, 2016
I still insist that exclusive breastfeeding doesn't change anything. What about babies who didn't see their mum, are they worse off?

7 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by AuroraB(f): 5:19am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:
So after all the noise about exclusive breastfeeding, a Nigerian mom introduced supplementary feed at 9weeks! I think thats wickedness and she deserves what she got.
There is a reason why exclusive breastfeeding is advocated, it's not just a slogan or a cliché.
Pls pls pls leave God out of this, Nigerians often do stewpid things and then annoyingly go hyper-spiritual when the consequences arise.
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by DonBobes(m): 5:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Where oluwacypris1 de self undecidedn !
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by sweetilicious(f): 6:03am On Aug 10, 2016
mistayeancah:
My advice to all nursing mothers, please breastfeed your babies exclusively for at least 6 months.

FTC

Dedicated to all nursing mothers all over the world.
Yeah exclusive is the best at least for 4 months. But eh you have to be around every time sha. Its a full time job. Saves money too but you have to eat good food every time for the baby to suck good milk.

3 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by Freelancer007(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2016
An adequate breastmilk supply is the best nutrition for your growing child. Don't deny him his birthright.
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by IceDude(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2016
Cute soldier boy baby
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by mistayeancah(m): 6:35am On Aug 10, 2016
sweetilicious:
Yeah exclusive is the best at least for 4 months. But eh you have to be around every time sha. Its a full time job. Saves money too but you have to eat good food every time for the baby to suck good milk.
Sure, if the mother is a busy type, she should use the breast pump to pump the milk into a neat bottle so that the baby can take it later instead of baby formula
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by alhajisocrates: 6:37am On Aug 10, 2016
cococandy:

Tell them oh jare!!!

Kids of now a day typing poo cos they've got fingers.

6 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by sweetilicious(f): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2016
mistayeancah:

Sure, if the mother is a busy type, she should use the breast pump to pump the milk into a neat bottle so that the baby can take it later instead of baby formula
Yeah true.
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by alhajisocrates: 6:39am On Aug 10, 2016
TunezMedia:
Public speaker and writer, Bunmi George shared this photo of her baby on social media and narrated how her little boy recovered from Post inflammatory Hipopigmentation which started after a particular baby formular was introduced to supplement breastfeeding.. This narrative teaches mothers to concentrate on breastfeeding alone till the baby is between the ages of 4 -- 6 months.

Baby Tesh who is now a year old is healthy and fine and even features in his own meme..

Read the mother's story below ...

Throwback to when my baby was recovering from Post Inflammatory Hypopigmentation.. Around 9 weeks of life his skin began to change drastically, as a new mom my heart sunk I was like what type of wahala is this?.. The Pediatricians speculated that it was vitiligo I refused to believe their report (I mentioned that the Holy Spirit told me it was the formula we introduced to supplement breastfeeding) but they were adamant they hadn't seen any baby break out this way because of a milk allergy, but of course me I knew that my GOD CANNOT LIE it was the formula and not vitiligo. We went to dermatologist who then confirmed after a few visits that it was indeed a milk allergy and not vitiligo.. God is the doctor of all doctors steal sometime away with Him and He will not only give you clarity but help you navigate solving your challenges #babyboy #9weeksold #breastfeeding #diary #milkallergy #mypride #myjoy #littleboys #sliceofheaven

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/08/9weeks-old-baby-suffers-from-nasty-skin.html?m=1

Name of the formular. Abi you want make others fall victim b4 u tell us.

1 Like

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by alhajisocrates: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:

"Assumption na e dey kill tolotolo" Alhaji Socrates
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 10, 2016
k
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by ronkyemma(f): 6:56am On Aug 10, 2016
Coldfeet:
as in feed babies Shea butter?
.I tire too oo feed babies wit shea butter(ori).huuuuuu

2 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by helovesme(f): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2016
Jamean:
I still insist that exclusive breastfeeding doesn't change anything. What about babies who didn't see their mum, are they worse off?

Exactly. I have never and I will never be a part of the exclusive breast feeding band wagon. All this EBF thing is to clamp down on companies that were/are making billions in revenue from the sale of formula. Some countries even go a step further to regulate the prices of these milk and stop people from buying more than 2 packs of formula at once.

For me, it's combination feeding (breast milk + formula) all the way.

Funny thing is that people screaming WHO recommends EBF for 6 months will turn up their noses when you tell them the same WHO recommends breastfeeding for two years.

If EBF is the magic mix as they claim, then why are kids being immunised? EBF should stop babies from getting measles, etc and all form of immunisation should have been stopped.

5 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by helovesme(f): 7:05am On Aug 10, 2016
kswag13:
imagine in the future the child becomes academically dumb......... they will punish the child for their own useless upbringing...... mtcheeew. Type of parents that don't deserve children........... This person deserve to beg maybe like 20 years for the baby maybe then she'll know she's supposed to breastfeed .........she just day vex me......

Looking at your write up (your use of English), I guess you were fed akamu at birth as its obvious you are academically dull.

4 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by helovesme(f): 7:10am On Aug 10, 2016
alhajisocrates:

Name of the formular. Abi you want make others fall victim b4 u tell us.

There's nothing wrong with the formula she bought. Her baby is lactose intolerant (Google it). It means the baby cannot take any type of cow milk (even when he's much older and also as an adult because he's allergic to it).

There are specially made lactose free formula that cater for such babies.

3 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by wizflower(f): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2016
mistayeancah:
My advice to all nursing mothers, please breastfeed your babies exclusively for at least 6 months.

FTC

Yea, good advice but the question is can you do it, how many women in Nigeria via this economy can do it. Going for Exclusive means you will be a house wife for the six months breasting your baby with no water or milk plus you eating well with rich food ,fruits and vegetables. So my dear its not easy owk . 2months is good but 6 is a no for me. If you doubt ask your mum weather she did exclusive for you

3 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by wizflower(f): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:
C'est drôle.

Bros it's actually the contrary. Feeding a child with supplementary milk is costlier than breastfeeding and drains the family resources faster than you think.
You know how much NAN 1 or 2 costs? You know how much SMA gold costs? You know how much Cerelac costs? Imagine if you have to buy a tin every 5days, compare that to the free natural breastmilk.
We have seen pictures of a Brazilian minister who was breastfeeding her child in Parliament, we have hawkers, artisans, bankers breastfeeding their babies at work, what then is the limitation to breastfeeding in these economic times?
Show me the bank where you've seen a mother breast feeding her baby and I will show you her sack letter in few weeks. We shld stop deceiving how selves, exclusive is good yes but can you do it. Did your mum do it for you, its not easy pls and saying buying milk is costly then you are also a lying. One thin of milk lasts up to a month for a mother who managers herself well

4 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by uzolexis(f): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Ofcus formula is started if a mom can't breastfeed immediately after birth esp for those who underwent CS, have retracted nip.ple.s, were separated from the baby for some time after delivery.
There could also be some rare instances where milk isn't produced in sufficient quantity for a while, obviously due to ductal problem. Buh 9weeks!!
My sister, this woman in question just wanted to feel like a hipster mom and she got served with a life lesson.

There are different reasons why women don't breastfeed. Not all do it cos they don't want their boobs to sag or whatever, I know of a lady that was advised by a doctor not to breast feed cos her boobs were too big and could suffocate the baby, I also know of a lady that was asked to supplement cos she didn't produce enough milk.....so don't be quick to judge.

1 Like

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by flokii: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2016
Coldfeet:
as in feed babies Shea butter?

corrected.. lol
Was thinking a cream or somthing caused it. Gud thing the baby is safe. cheers!

1 Like

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by mistayeancah(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2016
wizflower:
Yea, good advice but the question is can you do it, how many women in Nigeria via this economy can do it. Going for Exclusive means you will be a house wife for the six months breasting your baby with no water or milk plus you eating well with rich food ,fruits and vegetables. So my dear its not easy owk . 2months is good but 6 is a no for me. If you doubt ask your mum weather she did exclusive for you

I'm a man, I'll like my future wife do so even if it's for 4 months, they can use breast pump if the mother is the busy type. I'm sure my mum breast-fed me well even though (say 5 months).
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2016
mistayeancah:

FTC

I really don't think this advice is apt, coming from a man who has never breastfed before.

There are multiple legit reasons why mothers opt for formula to supplement breast milk.

5 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by Jamean(f): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2016
helovesme:

Exactly. I have never and I will never be a part of the exclusive breast feeding band wagon. All this EBF thing is to clamp down on companies that were/are making billions in revenue from the sale of formula. Some countries even go a step further to regulate the prices of these milk and stop people from buying more than 2 packs of formula at once.

For me, it's combination feeding (breast milk + formula) all the way.

Funny thing is that people screaming they WHO recommends EBF for 6 months will turn up their noses when you tell them the same WHO recommends breastfeeding for two years.

If EBF is the magic mix as they claim, then why are kids being immunised? EBF should stop babies from getting measles, etc and all form of immunisation should have been stopped.

Thank you o! I and my siblings started formula from day 1, if you like no take hunger go waya you. Still it didn't affect us in anyway. The longest my mum ever breastfed a baby was 7months, the breast is not chewing gum biko.

6 Likes

Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by Babycherry(f): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2016
HateU2:
undecided undecided undecided
What baby?
Don't you love babies?
Re: 9-Week-Old Baby Suffers From Skin Change Due To Baby Formula [PICS] by TENHEU22(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2016
Just for jokes, the baby was hunting dinasours thats why he developed such changes. Thank God he is OK now and i wisj him well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) / About 40 Health Workers Tested Positive For COVID-19 - Ehanire / 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.