Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,050 members, 7,849,249 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Musician, This May Be The Reason Your Hit Song Is Not "Hitting" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Musician, This May Be The Reason Your Hit Song Is Not "Hitting" (377 Views)

Check Out Rap Cover To Cobhams' '' One Hit'' Song By Punchline / Check Out A Nairalander's COVER To Burna Boy's Hit Song; HEAVENS GATE / Davido & Cassper Nyovest Record A Hit Song (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Musician, This May Be The Reason Your Hit Song Is Not "Hitting" by musicedges: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
So you were really excited when you conceived the idea for this song… Mhen, it was a really cool concept. The arrangement had a lot of excitement in it, well at least in your ears. And then you thought, “Why don’t I just go to the studio and make this a track?” “if I could get the world to listen to this lovely concept you have, it could really turn out to be something big for me… I may have not yet recorded any track before now, or let’s just say, I’m still an upcoming artiste, but hey, I know what I feel ok?” Beaming with excitement and “inspiration” you set out to develop this really cool idea in your head; this is the next big thing!

Fast forward… now you have produced you track, and you feel everyone who listens to it should give you a 5-star rating (well even if not everyone, at least a sizeable percentage)… you expect it to be topping the iTunes chart soonest, but to your surprise, people either don’t download or don’t share massively as you expected. What in the world could be wrong

Well, these are my thoughts:
First of all, do I mean to say that you shouldn’t develop ideas that spring in your heart? By no means! I can tell you firsthand that many ground-breaking ideas come in a flash like that… so what exactly am I saying?

 A lot of us musicians can’t separate between what thrills our ears personally from a “sellable” idea. It is perfectly normal for your ideas to sound nice in your ears, in fact they should because they are yours, but get this: the fact that a musical idea or concept sounds well in your ears personally doesn’t make it a sellable one.

*Self-thrill is not equal to public acceptance.*

 Many of our musical compositions are either victims of poor musicianship or half-baked production processes. Sometimes, it’s the singer/lead lacking the vocal capacity needed to deliver the song or the instrumentations are not well done, or it’s an unskilled music producer. One way or the other, if care is not taken, a great idea can be poorly expressed. Yes I know a number of factors come to play if one is to get these done well including finance which leads to my next point…

 Process your thoughts and ideas well… I’m usually of the idea that a song is better not done at all than poorly done. Sometimes, there’s really no need to rush the production process if it will mar the end product. Pay attention to tiny details in your production because they could mater much eventually. Giving your song good publicity after production too is essential. #ProcessWell.

 I really cannot rule out the finance factor in getting all these done; our financial capacities differ. The truth is good production costs MONEY. Although it’s not a crime to keep your cost within the funds available to you, but that doesn’t mean you cannot insist on getting the best options available within your budget. Professional advice might help you plan better on this

Having said all these, I will still tell you that having a good production plus good publicity doesn’t guarantee wide acceptance; God does the lifting. If it seems you are not getting heard despite your efforts, I urge you to keep doing what you do… your consistency will pay off sooner or later.

I hope this helps someone!

Read more at www.musicedges.com

(1) (Reply)

Audio: Oluswaggz - Carry Ft. Brightsl. (prod. By Mc Dbeatmaker) / Opinion Pull, Tiwa Vs Yemi / How To Flow In African Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.