Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? (979 Views)

How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / Burial Photos Of 6 ERCC Mothers Who Died In Accident On Kajuru Junction In Kebbi / 50 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 12:40am On Aug 10, 2016
I saw this on quora and i read so many unbelievable answers. I will like to hear from my fellow africans.

Mine was in secondary school during the inter-house sport preparations. I wandered off during the field events and suddenly heard people calling out to me, i looked up to see a javelin descending with full force to where i am, i froze. I didn't even know the action i took but the javelin went past me by inches. I didn't even know what to say. Everyone there thanking God. I could have been dead or terribly wounded.
Share yours.

1 Like

Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Yeah, I was in my nursery then. My elder brother who was in primary, developed this habit of living me behind while going back home from school. On that faithful day, he instructed me with his bag and then went on ahead of me with his friends. Because of the weight of the bag, I wasn't able to move faster, so I was far behind. Then just like a twink of an eye, everything happened at once. A Mitsubishi that has a failed break was targeting a hospital sign post beside me and I couldn't even see what was happening. The people around there were shouting and till today I haven't realise how I was able to run out of that Mitsubishi car because I was so sure that I couldn't have ran that quick and fast with so much heavy loads on me. I still remain grateful to God. Cause am sure some thing extraordinary helped me that faithful day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by orisa37: 2:57am On Aug 10, 2016
Very good. I value the Atheists on Nairaland to please share their experiences.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
chukwubuzor123:
Yeah, I was in my nursery then. My elder brother who was in primary, developed this habit of living me behind while going back home from school. On that faithful day, he instructed me with his bag and then went on ahead of me with his friends. Because of the weight of the bag, I wasn't able to move faster, so I was far behind. Then just like a twink of an eye, everything happened at once. A Mitsubishi that has a failed break was targeting a hospital sign post beside me and I couldn't even see what was happening. The people around there were shouting and till today I haven't realise how I was able to run out of that Mitsubishi car because I was so sure that I couldn't have ran that quick and fast with so much heavy loads on me. I still remain grateful to God. Cause am sure some thing extraordinary helped me that faithful day.

Damn! those moments you just freeze. Your brother for hear am that day.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
orisa37:
Very good. I value the Atheists on Nairaland to please share their experiences.

This thread is not for arguing atheism, neither is it testimony time. Just drop your experiences.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Qaisar1: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
In ICC moat. It was going to be the first NIGHT OF BLISS in Benin City. The program was organized by Chris Embassy. A day before the event they launched a balloon and it flew across my school, Immaculate Conception College... There was no way we would be allowed to go home before time. We had to use the moat. It was my first time (and became my last)... Long story short, I slipped and a senior caught my hands... If I didn't die, the fall would have modified my fine boy.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by hahn(m): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Walking down memory lane......

Back then in B3up, I remember it was angle 7.

I was woken up by the urge to pee.

It must have been around 12-01 am but I did not bother to check the time.

It was pitch dark. No light. Everyone was asleep

The toilet is at the end of the hall, close to Papa's room.

After hesitating for a while, I looked outside, it was also dark and there was no moonlight and saw someone, dressed in all white, walking outside on the corridor. I watched from my bed as he walked down the corridor and came into the hostel from angle 1.

I ducked. It seemed he slowed down. And he also seemed to be floating.

I suddenly remember Madam Kos Kos. Maybe this is her boyfriend.

He began walking floating down the corridor. I covered my head with my blanket and pretended to be asleep.

"Is he getting close?" "Is it a ghost?"

After a while, I dare to peep and see the ghost thing like man floating out of the hostel.

And I still need to pee.

So, I get up and walk to the toilet, ease myself and go back to bed.

Scary
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Zikdik(m): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Qaisar1: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Zikdik:
I am an atheist. Proudly so.

Two years ago, I was bitten by a spider. Without a lot of the gory details, there was a large hole on my knee and I very nearly lost my right leg. One night, writhing in pain in the A&E ward, EKSUTH and gasping for breath, I was almost certain that the end for me had come. It was a horrible feeling. My family was gathered around in tears. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I was losing a lot of strength from writhing and struggling that later that night, I resolved to relax and give up for the worst.

I woke the next day fresh as a daisy. Whatever happened overnight, I'd never know but that was the beginning of a marked recovery. I felt fresh, whole, even happy. My leg hurt a lot less than it had since two months before then. Three weeks later, I was discharged with an almost completely healed leg.

You should be spiderman now
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by peterphd(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Zikdik:

Two years ago, I was bitten by a spider. Without a lot of the gory details, there was a large hole on my knee and I very nearly lost my right leg. One night, writhing in pain in the A&E ward, EKSUTH and gasping for breath, I was almost certain that the end for me had come. It was a horrible feeling. My family was gathered around in tears. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I was losing a lot of strength from writhing and struggling that later that night, I resolved to relax and give up for the worst.

I woke the next day fresh as a daisy. Whatever happened overnight, I'd never know but that was the beginning of a marked recovery. I felt fresh, whole, even happy. My leg hurt a lot less than it had since two months before then. Three weeks later, I was discharged with an almost completely healed leg.
Damn! What species inflicted such a long layoff?
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Zikdik(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
peterphd:

Damn! What species inflicted such a long layoff?

Probably a widow spider. It was a first year in medical school. Trying period, I tell ya.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
Qaisar1:
In ICC moat. It was going to be the first NIGHT OF BLISS in Benin City. The program was organized by Chris Embassy. A day before the event they launched a balloon and it flew across my school, Immaculate Conception College... There was no way we would be allowed to go home before time. We had to use the moat. It was my first time (and became my last)... Long story short, I slipped and a senior caught my hands... If I didn't die, the fall would have modified my fine boy.
Q you probably might have been dead or disabled.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
hahn:
Walking down memory lane......

Back then in B3up, I remember it was angle 7.

I was woken up by the urge to pee.

It must have been around 12-01 am but I did not bother to check the time.

It was pitch dark. No light. Everyone was asleep

The toilet is at the end of the hall, close to Papa's room.

After hesitating for a while, I looked outside, it was also dark and there was no moonlight and saw someone, dressed in all white, walking outside on the corridor. I watched from my bed as he walked down the corridor and came into the hostel from angle 1.

I ducked. It seemed he slowed down. And he also seemed to be floating.

I suddenly remember Madam Kos Kos. Maybe this is her boyfriend.

He began walking floating down the corridor. I covered my head with my blanket and pretended to be asleep.

"Is he getting close?" "Is it a ghost?"

After a while, I dare to peep and see the ghost thing like man floating out of the hostel.

And I still need to pee.

So, I get up and walk to the toilet, ease myself and go back to bed.

Scary

Your mind playing a hell of tricks.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
Zikdik:

Probably a black widow, but how did it get so bad? You didn't seek medical attention early enough?
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Zikdik(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pdizzle:

Probably a black widow, but how did it get so bad? You didn't seek medical attention early enough?
Yes. The stress of premed year was keeping busy then. It was a very trying period.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Pdizzle(m): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Zikdik:

Yes. The stress of premed year was keeping busy then. It was a very trying period.

You are an atheist, i would have said thank God for your life grin
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2016
A big bus climbed my leg and I felt no pain.
Re: Have You Almost Died And Something Inexplicably Saved You? by hahn(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Pdizzle:

Your mind playing a hell of tricks.

I know the story is off topic but the memory came back when I came across the thread. At least I was not too dumb to shout "in the name of Jesus" even at that age grin

(1) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric Introduces A Convenient “do-it-yourself” Payment Platform / Procedures For Changing MONIKER! / Ohio State Fair Accident Kills One And Injures Several (shocking Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.