Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Brainteasers - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brainteasers (3850 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brainteasers by pymexys(f): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2006
So u think u’re a guru, a brainbuster, alright,
Can you  give the answers to these, or any of these, riddles? Also giving  proofs that your answer is correct.

1. in a certain mythical community, politicians always lie,and nonpoliticians always tell the truth. A stranger meets three natives , and asks the first of them if he is a politician. The first native answers the question. The second native then reports that the first native denied being a politician. Then the third native asserts that the first native is really a politician.                                                                           how many of these three natives are politicians?

2. of three prisoners in a certain jail, one had normal vision, the second had only one eye, and the third was totally blind. All were of atleast average intelligence. the  jailer told the prisoners that from three white hats and two red hats he would select three and put them on the prisoners heads. Each was prevented from seeing what colour hat was placed on his own head. They were brought together, and the jailer offered freedom to the prisoner with normal vision  if he could tell what color hat was on his head. The prisoner confessed that he couldn’t tell. next  the jailer offered freedom to the prisoner with only one eye if he could tell what colour hat was on his head. The second prisoner confessed that he couldn’t tell. The jailer didn’t bother making the offer to the third prisoner, but agreed to extend the same terms to him when he made the request. The blind prisoner then smiled broadly and said:
                        “I do not need to have my sight;
                          from what my friends with eyes have said,
                         I clearly see my hat is …………………!”

3. on a certain train, the crew consists of three men, the brakeman, the fireman, and          
the engineer. Their names listed in alphabetical order  are Jones, Robinson, and Smith. On the train are also three passengers with corresponding names, Mr.Jones, Mr Robinson  and Mr Smith. The following facts are known:

a. Mr Robinson lives in Detroit.
b. The breakman lives halfway between Detroit and Chicago.
c. Mr Jones earns exactly $20,000 a year.
d. Smith once beat the fireman at billiards.
e. The brakemans next-door neighbor, one of the three passengers mentioned, earns exactly three times as much as the brakeman.
f. The passenger living in Chicago has the same name as the brakeman.

What is the engineers name?

4. Benno Torelli, genial host at Hamtramck’s most exclusive nightclub, was shot   and killed  by a racketeer gang because he fell behind in his protection payments.
     After considerable effort on the part of the police, five men were brought before the District Attorney,  who asked them what they had to say for themselves. Each of the men made three statements, two true and one false. Their statements were:

LEFTY:”I did not kill Torelli. I never owned a revolver. Spike did it”
            RED:”I did not kill Torelli.  I never owned a revolver. The other guys are all                                    
                     passing  the buck.”
    DOPEY:”I am innocent. I never saw Butch before. Spike is guilty.”
    SPIKE  :”I  am innocent. Butch is the guilty man. Lefty lied when he said I did it.”
    BUTCH:”I did not kill Torelli. Red is the guilty man. Dopey and I are old pals.”

Who did it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brainteasers by mukina2: 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2006
*still thinking*
Re: Brainteasers by 1k001(m): 2:03am On Dec 10, 2006
Good luck people!
Re: Brainteasers by kitaun(m): 2:22am On Dec 10, 2006
*too cheap, bring harder ones, lol*
Re: Brainteasers by jaybaby(f): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2006
lol

@ Topic lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Brainteasers by pymexys(f): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2006
c'mon house,it aint that hard,just apply some logic reasonning, thats all.
Re: Brainteasers by PTBNaija(f): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2006
1.) The first person is a politician, and the second and third people are not politicians. So that makes 2 non-politicians.

2.) The guy's hat is white.

I have to think more about three and four lol.
Re: Brainteasers by Nella(f): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2007
erm . . . I agree with PTBNaija's answer grin grin - just post ur next answer and i will agree with it as well grin lol
Re: Brainteasers by Mustay(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2007
mukina2:

*still thinking*

olodo oshi

ur head just big 4 nothin' tongue
Re: Brainteasers by Amigoz(f): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2007
tease me tease my brain till it runs outta steam

@ topic

i no fit lipsrsealed
Re: Brainteasers by GeeCee(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2010
Re: Brainteasers by Vic2k3(m): 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2010
These are my answers:

1) 2 of the natives are politicians

2) White

3) Smith

4) Red did
Re: Brainteasers by Rocktation(f): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
(1) 1 politician and 2 non-politicians. (2) White hat. (3) Smith is the engineer (4) Butch did it. There, who's teasing who now?

(1) (Reply)

Seeker Games 2 (find 17 Hidden Items) / What If . . .? / Game in the 90s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.