Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Ndu Strike And The Pains Of Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ndu Strike And The Pains Of Students (465 Views)

Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions / Lecturer Slaps UNILORIN S.U President For Mediating On Behalf Of Students / FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndu Strike And The Pains Of Students by jerryism(m): 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
NDU STRIKE AND THE PAINS OF STUDENTS (MUST READ)

It is now visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that the
"VISION 2016" of Niger Delta University students has been altered by the battle of supremacy between the Bayelsa State Government and ASUU NDU chapter.

This strike has brought a lot of pains to the students community. Some of which are:
1. Final year students has earned an "Unwaranted Compulsory Extra Year".

2. Students are made to have a prolonged academic pursuit.

3. Jambites and intending students are being frustrated at home.

4. Some of our new graduates cannot go for their NYSC because of no clearance from school

5. Our colleagues in other schools have completed their second semester exams while we are still in first semester from December 2015 to August 2016

6. Landlords are calling for expired house rents in Amassoma

7. Our students are being frustrated and loosing focus, and many more challenges

It could also be recounted that we have suffered setback of about 12 Calender Months or more as Nigerian students.

1. 2012 flood which led to delay in resumption when we were newly admitted.
2. 6 Months Nationwide ASUU strike 2013
3. Engineering riot which led to prolonged Mid-Semester break 2016
4. Now the trending ASUU NDU strike which is about 4 Months Old.

Therefore, we are appealing that the Bayelsa State Government and ASUU should shift grounds for the sake of the students. It is widely known that when two elephants fight is the grasses that suffers.

We are also making a solemn call to well meaning Nigerians and Bayelsans in particular like Senator Ben Murray Bruce, Former President Goodluck Jonathan and a host of other education loving leaders to please come to our aid even as we further seek Divine Intervention.

This is a clarion call for the both parties to shift grounds and
end this strike for the sake of the students!

#endNDUstrike #BringBackNDU
#voice-of-a-neglected-NDU-student

Rotr. Comr. Charles Ifiemi
(Aluta Golden Pen)
Secretary General, Faculty of science ( Nass Ndu ).... http://www.bayelsaconnect.com/2016/08/ndu-strike-and-pains-of-students-must.html
Re: Ndu Strike And The Pains Of Students by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
I look at our educational educational system and all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

what's the way forward Nigeria?

we copy the whites, I haven't heard of Cambridge on strike...

#lord have mercy
Re: Ndu Strike And The Pains Of Students by MrAdroit(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
I undistend yhur fears nd pains jare....Lemme keep mute nd watch events unfold

(1) (Reply)

NUC Abolish Diploma Programmes In Nigerian Varsities. / 7 Common Mistakes NIGERIA English Gurus Also Make / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.