Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,176 members, 7,849,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. (829 Views)

Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA / Algeria Prepares To Do Their Own Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by TippyTop(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
The Israel Air Force is planning to participate in aerial exercises in the US and Europe in the coming months.

It is believed pilots will be trained for long-range flights as a precautionary measure against possible Iranian attacks and in test-runs for potential strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities.

IAF planes will take part in a joint aerial exercise with NATO forces in Europe and the US.

On Sunday, US Vice-President, Joe Biden, told ABC television the US would not stand in the way militarily if the Israelis decided they needed to attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

He said: "The US cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do. Israel can determine for itself - it's a sovereign nation - what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else."
Sri Lankan News.Net
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by naliakar: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2009
@ Poster

They can't/wont do it. It is simply suicidal.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by muhsin(m): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2009
naliakar:

@ Poster

LOL grin True.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by yeswecan(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Poster

Is this just your opinion or an observation.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by TayoD1(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2009
@naliakar,

This is not an attempt to authenticate the report. However, is it not even more suicidal to wait till Iran obtains a nuclear weapon?
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2009
naliakar:

@ Poster

it would be suicidal for the Iranians, their country would just cease to exist.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Sep 26, 2009
Israel needs to calm down. I mean not certain if this post is factual,  but concerning this nuclear issue with Iran, I think Israel needs to chill and watch for a while what the world (UN) is going to do with the new revelation from Iran.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by TayoD1(m): 3:15am On Sep 26, 2009
@Kobokunkie,

Israel needs to calm down. I mean not certain if this post is factual, but concerning this nuclear issue with Iran, I think Israel needs to chill and watch for a while what the world (UN) is going to do with the new revelation from Iran.
I don't understand what you mean by new revelation. According to reports, the US, Britain and France have known about this facility for a while now through their intelligence sources. What is new is the feigned outrage now coming from Russia, US, Britain and co.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Kobokunkie,
I don't understand what you mean by new revelation. According to reports, the US, Britain and France have known about this facility for a while now through their intelligence sources. What is new is the feigned outrage now coming from Russia, US, Britain and co.

Well, the confirmation from Iran is new. The feigned outrage would be Israel pretending things have suddenly changed, since it has known all this while now of this second site. Like I said, Israel needs to calm down and watch what the UN/World will do with this new confirmation from Iran itself.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by Afam(m): 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
Pound Iran ke?

The hypocrisy and sycophancy continues.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by TayoD1(m): 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2009
@Kobo,

Well, the confirmation from Iran is new. The feigned outrage would be Israel pretending things have suddenly changed, since it has known all this while now of this second site. Like I said, Israel needs to calm down and watch what the UN/World will do with this new confirmation from Iran itself.
It's one thing for Isreal to have been making the case before now for a more proactive response to Iran's nuclear programmes, and its another thing for the facts they have been pointing out to be made so glaring to the rest of the world with such a very typical response.  Isreal's outrage is unpretentious.  Perhaps the most important statment that was made at the last UN general assembly was uttered by Bibi, saying to the nations who continue to treat Iran's threat with kid's glove: "have you no shame?"  That statement and everything else is non-pretentious!

By the way, Iran's only military plane that monitors its airspace against external threat crashed last week just about when the new nuclear facility was confirmed.  Guessed where it crashed?  On Ayhatollah Khomeni's grave!  Now that is so funny, it must take a divine orchestration to have made happen.  Does anyone remember that the corpse of this same was trampled upon during his burial ceremony?  Talk about "double wahala for "deadi bodi".   

Eye witnesses reported that the flaming planes landed on the mausoleum burial site of the Islamic revolution's founder Ruhollah Khomeini, a national shrine. According to Western observers, no distress signals came from either cockpit indicating that the collision and explosions were sudden and fast.

The loss of this airborne control system has left Iran's air force and air and missile defenses without "electronic eyes" for surveillance of the skies around its borders.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1c6_1253744018
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by dadde(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2009
i think Israel should exercise caution. however, Iran should be watched closely because Ahmedinajad has made it clear on national tv that he plans to remove Israel from the map.

Iran is trying to become an notable power in the middle east since the demise of Saddam Hussein.
the world will be more safer is those religious fanatics dont have a nuck.
Re: Israel Prepares To Pound Iran. by Afam(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
dadde:

i think Israel should exercise caution. however, Iran should be watched closely because Ahmedinajad has made it clear on national tv that he plans to remove Israel from the map.

Which national TV? Did you watch it? If yes, did he speak in english language or was what he said translated from another language into english language?

dadde:

Iran is trying to become an notable power in the middle east since the demise of Saddam Hussein.
the world will be more safer is those religious fanatics dont have a nuck.

Well, I guess Saddam was doing a wonderful job maintaining stability in that region until the US led other nations to invade Iraq based on lies and today tribes have turned against each other with suicide attacks becoming common in that part of the world.

And George Bush is even a free man when he should have been sent to the Hague for war crimes.

(1) (Reply)

Nato's Secret Libya Asset: A Young, Female Spy / Condom Ad Controversy In Kenya / Ex-cia Staff Leaks Information On US Secret Spy On Other Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.