Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

The Man And The Bicycle; Life's Lessons From Life's Stories - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Man And The Bicycle; Life's Lessons From Life's Stories (471 Views)

Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics) / The Tallest Man And Woman Ever In The World (photos And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man And The Bicycle; Life's Lessons From Life's Stories by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2016
It's funny how the little, everyday things of life are often overlooked. However, a great depth of wisdom is available if only we can observe our world with eyes of wisdom.

This afternoon, a friend of mine came around and he brought his bicycle along. Not knowing how to ride a bicycle, he offered to teach me how to ride. We went out of the house and launched into a new world of learning how to ride a bicycle.
Many things happened as I was learning and I discovered ten10 mind changing lessons that life herself decided to teach me.

LESSON 1: THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSONS IN LIFE CAN'T BE TAUGHT BY ANYONE
When I mounted the bicycle, my 'friend-turned-instructor' steadied me a little and I started pedaling. All he said was PEDAL ON. And pedal on, I did. Until he left the bicycle and I started going freely. He didn't tell me about balance, turning, breaking, back pedaling and many other things. I had to learn them on my own.
What I am saying is that no one can sufficiently help us through life. Only God-The Omniscient can. School doesn't teach us all we need to know in life. Our parents may try their best but they can't predict our challenges. We can only grow in life by reflecting on our experiences and depending on God to help us through the storms that may assail us.
We have to be prepared to learn from life. This is one of the most important lessons to learn and go with in life.

Visit www.taiwoawoniyi..com for the complete version.

The post is too long for Nairaland.

#PursuingPurpose
#LivingAboveAverage

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hausa Youths Attack Igbo Man In Lagos For Blasphemy / Abia State Declares Oil Palm Revolution. / Is This Fair. See Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.