Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,803 members, 7,866,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists (636 Views)

"You Can't Stop Nnamdi Kanu From Holding A Rally In Lagos" - FFK / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Remi Tinubu: Melaye Holds Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by ukomko: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
For the first known time since his assumption of office on May 29, 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday met Noble Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Soyinka is not known to be a regular visitor to the Presidential Villa but known for his hard stand on especially national issues.

Recall he was the first to call for national economic summit in the present regime.

Little wonder his coming to the Villa was a surprise to Reporters.

Meanwhile, there was no official reason as to his “August” visit to the Villa that lasted at about an hour.

But speaking to the State House Correspondents after the meeting, Soyinka who was astonished to see a battery of reporters waiting for him for comments on the outcome of the meeting said:

“Wait, wait, wait, I didn’t come here to see you people. I came to discuss one or two things.

When persuaded to speak, he said: ” I came to talk about a few things, national and international matters, general matters. That’s all.

I will be holding a press conference in about a week. You can ask me any question you like there. For now, I would just like to get away.

http://biafrasay.com/p/322399/i-will-be-holding-a-press-conference-next-week-wole-soyinka

Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by FirstTImeUser: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by Landloard01(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
ok
Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by Almajiri1: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Soyinka has sold all moral rights to critic this change government.
Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by Jirate(m): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Almajiri1:
Soyinka has sold all moral rights to critic this change government.

Not Yet, but we Know His Views Before now..........most especially before the Birthday Bash from Ameachi.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by agabusta: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Jirate:

Not Yet, but we Know His Views Before now..........most especially before the Birthday Bash from Ameachi.......

Why not give us a audio or video evidence of what you put up there? This can be written by anybody, and the name Wole Soyinka written beside it.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Holding A Press Conference Next Week-Wole Soyinka Avoids Journalists by orisa37: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
Our very own W.S. is gathering evidence to incriminate PMB in Hell when he gets there before him!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Open To Dialogue With FG , Sacks Defence Team . / EFCC Rakes In N1.9bn From Seized Funds Of Tafa Balogun, Others / In Defence Of President Buhari’s War Against Corruption - Prof. H. A. Saliu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.