Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,399 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must (854 Views)

CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) / Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar / Banks To Resume Dollar Loans As Naira Appreciates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must by bongolistik(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Recent reports show that the banks now charge somewhere between N430 to N480 per Dollar transaction online with Naira ATM cards, which is even far beyond what the currencies are obtainable in the parallel/black-market section.

As it stands currently, the black-market selling rate of Naira-Dollar transaction is somewhere around N395 to N400 per dollar; meaning that you can presently obtain $1 in the black-market for N400.

If you can confidently walk to the black-market section and buy a Dollar for N400, why on earth do you now have to pay N430 to N480 (Bank rip-off rate) for a Dollar in online transaction with your MasterCard?

The only solution now, to stop the banks rip-off in that manner is to opt for foreign/Dollar currency dominated MasterCard/VISA as against the Naira Dominated Cards.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/08/stop-getting-ripped-off-by-banks-dollar.html

1 Like

Re: Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must by Damolux01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Will one get this from d bank?
Re: Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must by bongolistik(m): 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
Damolux01:
Will one get this from d bank?
yap
Re: Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must by Damolux01(m): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
bongolistik:
yap
my atm card with Access Bank has expired 2 last month. Should I just request for a Dollar Visa card instead since I intend getting another one.
Re: Don't Allow Banks To Rip You Off, A Dollar Dominated Mastercard In Now A Must by bongolistik(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Damolux01:
my atm card with Access Bank has expired 2 last month. Should I just request for a Dollar Visa card instead since I intend getting another one.
For ATM withdrawal purposes still go for the normal Naira Card, but for online international transactions, go for the Dollar Visa card

(1) (Reply)

Buy NPK And Urea Fertilizers / List Of Banks Barred From Forex Transactions By Central Bank Of Nigeria / Please Who Has Pure Water Sachets For Sale In Large Quantities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.