Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Cows For Hire - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cows For Hire (849 Views)

'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. / Cows For Sale At Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos / Cows For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cows For Hire by iniobong888(m): 3:03am On Aug 12, 2016
What comes to your mind when you see these Fulani herdsmen with their herds of cattle roaming about? Let me guess, cattle rustlers, trouble markers a whole lot of bad sentiment attach to this guys, (I wouldn’t blame you if you think in this direction). I don’t see that negativity (you wouldn’t blame me ofcourse) but I see money scattering around with no sense of direction on the part of the individuals involve and the government of that state.
If the Individuals that own these cattle could explore the economic opportunities that are inherent in these business then there would be on their way to creating job opportunities for the unemployed Nigerian youths. The state government on the other hand also has various opportunities that it can tap from this Fulani herdsmen business.
According to 2011 agricultural sample survey announced by the minister of Agriculture Nigeria had 19.5 million cows. An average cow takes in 30-40 gallons of water every day and consumes 20-30 kg of fodder every day. Now assumes a state government states up a ranch that herdsmen would have to stay for their cows to be feed. Guess how many people would be employed in that ranch? Bearing in mind, that a ranch will have various value chain business going on inside that ranch. There will be an abattoir, diary collection, dung collection ( useful as manure ) and the cows will power the ranch with their dung(no need for power holding)
Lagos state alone consumes over 6000 cows daily, assuming that a ranch is feeding that state with an average cow going for N150,000, it means that directly over a billion naira will be made in a day and other value chain activities. The business is open to Individual and to the government , one can even do a PPP(private public Partnership).
What will it take to feed 6000 cows that lagos state would consume, it would take manpower, food and water. The value chain create around here would spur research on the best hay for cattle, an inorganic fertilizer plant can that would use cow dung and a lot of other opportunities. Individuals can also start this project with young calves that comes in cheap and nurture them. It is important that we convert our challenges into opportunities. If you are ready to start today I have cows for hire.

1 Like

Re: Cows For Hire by MrPristine: 6:37am On Aug 12, 2016
For hire or for sale
Re: Cows For Hire by iniobong888(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2023
MrPristine:
For hire or for sale
Please read the whole tread . Thank you
Re: Cows For Hire by pedrilo: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
http

(1) (Reply)

West African Dwarf Goats For Sale / Goat Farmers/ Sellers In The North? / How To Make Money With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.