Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) (576 Views)

I Take Responsibility For Pdp’s Defeat In 2015 – Jonathan / Generation Unborn Will Never Forget Buhari Administration - Facebook User / Why We Take Responsibility Of Nigeria's Poor Economic Situation - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by Sibe007(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2016
Long Post Alert!!!

You want change in Nigeria, How much have you changed yourself??

Buhari ofcourse is one Man and expecting just Him to bring about a Change in 170 million people is quite a bit too much to ask.

Imagine an accident scene, people are dying some are still alive and awaiting help, the current driver (Unhurt) is blaming the former driver (Unhurt too) for not checking the tyres and fixing the brakes. Some of the survivors inside are blaming the current driver, some others are blaming the previous driver, while people are still suffering, the religious leaders (also unhurt) are leading prayers and calling on the heavens, the suffering and hurt ones still looking for help.

Which one are you, and what are you doing. Who are you blaming?

What things do you do differently??

How are your thoughts, words and actions helping You, Us, and your Country.

Accepting responsibility is the first step to changing anything.

Nigeria is in Hard times today, and I blame no one but myself. There is always something I can do to help. There is always something you can do too to help this situation.

I remember in an intercity commercial bus from Ph to Lagos, the driver drove above the speed limits and took some careless maneuvers and some times we spoke out "Ha!!! driver easy oh" at other times we just kept quiet cos some of us also felt we needed to maximise daylight through the rough patches before it gets dark.

Same day, with another set of passengers travelling from Ijebu-Ode to Ibadan, The first little attempt by the aged driver to make any careless maneuver was loudly resisted by all, with echos of "Ahh!!! Baba, di e di e oh (diye diye)(as in, small small, Easy easy), and so he continued cautiously through the journey.

When a driver is driving, it is the collective responsibility of all the passengers to be conscious, sober, and vigilant. In this failure in Nigeria today. No one is exempted

So no need complaining now that, this driver should know what he is doing, or he promised to take you to your destination, or that the previous driver used up all the fuel or messed up the vehicle. The problem is already here, Let us start thinking and doing what we can to bring ourselves out of this, lets treat the wounded, help ourselves and work together irrespective of tribe, political and religious affiliations to get this vehicle working again.

No more passive concern (Sit and observe, complain and blame)

We can do this.

Lets start thinking, lets question our old ways of doing things, don't give up and allow a nonfunctional process continue, profer your solution as best as you can.

THINK!!!

God Bless Nigeria

My thoughts, feel free to share yours too.

Twitter: @mrebis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by mykemiley(f): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
God bless u real gud...........thnx 4 remindin us........
Re: Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by diegwu01: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sibe007:
Long Post Alert!!!

You want change in Nigeria, How much have you changed yourself??

Buhari ofcourse is one Man and expecting just Him to bring about a Change in 170 million people is quite a bit too much to ask.

Imagine an accident scene, people are dying some are still alive and awaiting help, the current driver (Unhurt) is blaming the former driver (Unhurt too) for not checking the tyres and fixing the brakes. Some of the survivors inside are blaming the current driver, some others are blaming the previous driver, while people are still suffering, the religious leaders (also unhurt) are leading prayers and calling on the heavens, the suffering and hurt ones still looking for help.

Which one are you, and what are you doing. Who are you blaming?
Great read. nice one OP..

What things do you do differently??

How are your thoughts, words and actions helping You, Us, and your Country.

Accepting responsibility is the first step to changing anything.

Nigeria is in Hard times today, and I blame no one but myself. There is always something I can do to help. There is always something you can do too to help this situation.

I remember in an intercity commercial bus from Ph to Lagos, the driver drove above the speed limits and took some careless maneuvers and some times we spoke out "Ha!!! driver easy oh" at other times we just kept quiet cos some of us also felt we needed to maximise daylight through the rough patches before it gets dark.

Same day, with another set of passengers travelling from Ijebu-Ode to Ibadan, The first little attempt by the aged driver to make any careless maneuver was loudly resisted by all, with echos of "Ahh!!! Baba, di e di e oh (diye diye)(as in, small small, Easy easy), and so he continued cautiously through the journey.

When a driver is driving, it is the collective responsibility of all the passengers to be conscious, sober, and vigilant. In this failure in Nigeria today. No one is exempted

So no need complaining now that, this driver should know what he is doing, or he promised to take you to your destination, or that the previous driver used up all the fuel or messed up the vehicle. The problem is already here, Let us start thinking and doing what we can to bring ourselves out of this, lets treat the wounded, help ourselves and work together irrespective of tribe, political and religious affiliations to get this vehicle working again.

No more passive concern (Sit and observe, complain and blame)

We can do this.

Lets start thinking, lets question our old ways of doing things, don't give up and allow a nonfunctional process continue, profer your solution as best as you can.

THINK!!!

God Bless Nigeria

My thoughts, feel free to share yours too.

Twitter: @mrebis
Re: Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by Justiyke4u: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
i totally agree with you but to the extent of taking your own responsibility. yes everybody has to do his own part like changing ones mentality and thinking positively as well thinking of a solution instead of whom to blame. however, there are some responsibilities which are beyond you as an individual and are reserved for the government example is policy making. yes of course we may not have been doing our part in supporting the state when need be, praising the government when doing well and constructively criticizing her when taken the wrong step. but you will find out that more of our problem is psychological than economical. we allow so many factors to becloud our reasoning especially the youth
Re: Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by PaulIdu: 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
And who told you we are not taking responsibility for our own selves ..we help the govt build boreholes we provide our own electricity, we provide our security yet you are here talking of responsibility .. are you aware how much a lot of people have lost as a result of bad policies put in place by non chalant govts ..the people have to hold the govt accountable for their actions my friend ..
Re: Forget Buhari And GEJ (take Responsibility For Yourself) by Sibe007(m): 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
PaulIdu:
And who told you we are not taking responsibility for our own selves ..we help the govt build boreholes we provide our own electricity, we provide our security yet you are here talking of responsibility .. are you aware how much a lot of people have lost as a result of bad policies put in place by non chalant govts ..the people have to hold the govt accountable for their actions my friend ..

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Holding the government accountable for their actions is part of the taking responsibility I am asking for. Up until now, correct me if I am wrong, We are yet to hear of a single federal house of rep member or senator who have been recalled by any constituent. Does this mean all the NASS members are representing their constituents efficiently and effectively. Or have you heard any church Pastor or Imam beg their members who are in the NASS to help reduce their salaries and allowances to reflect the current economic situations.

The people in Government are not from another planet or foreigners, they are from among us. They are a product of the poorly functional societal structures we have found ourselves over the years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dfid’s Alleged Funding Of Ibori’s Trial Opens New Questions / Face Book Founder Returns To Nigeria Meet PMB / Economy As The Real Frontier For Biafra Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.