Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

The Necessity Of Gratitude - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Necessity Of Gratitude (294 Views)

The Necessity And Cost Efficiency Of Private Jets To Mega Churches-Leke Beecroft / HEAVEN : A Glorified Body : The Necessity Of Our Resurrection - John MacArthur / The Necessity Of Restitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Necessity Of Gratitude by ngaz(f): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2016
The Necessity of Gratitude .

Yesterday, I was strolling to the bank. I was feeling pretty excited, I walked past a teenage hausa boy with his little store placed on his head. I saw him staring at the kunu, and frau de nunu drink, that another hausa girl was selling at the corner.
I watched him approach her as he asks for the prices, he looked tired, sun burnt . weary. I was moved by compassion for him.
"kunu, pipty naira, nunu, hundred naira", I heard the seller say.
The teenage boy paused, lost in thoughts, I saw him salivating,wiping sweats from his brows.
He kept looking at nunu when he ordered for kunu.
I was touched, I wondered if all his day's profit will be up to 400naira. I wanted him to drink what he really wanted and I didn't want him to spend his little money.
So, the good Samaritan me, opened my purse and brought out 100 naira and gave the boy, the seller began to stare at me in surprise,i smiled inwardly, struggling to keep a humble countenance but inside, I was bubbling in joy, "I was helping the needy for God's sake",.
"you can buy what you want ", I said to the boy as I went off on my way.
Feeling like a fairy mother with the magic wand.
If he understood me, he didn't show it, he silently took the money and began to buy his drink. He didn't smile , didn't laugh, didn't thank.
I was few steps away when I turned back again to see the boy still buying as though nothing had happened.
I felt a slightly hurt or maybe Deeply Hurt lol. I had expected appreciation. I had expected him to shed a tear or two. I had expected him to scream his joy.
I had expected all this for a very little token of 100NAIRA gift.
So imagine how God must feel when we do not appreciate him for oxygen, for life, for daily bread, for safety and peace.
We walk around with our heads held high, like it is our rights. It is a privilege not a right. It is the creator's love and limitless mercies.
So this incident really got me thinking of my own hypocrisy and tall expectations even when I know I really do not appreciate God for bigger blessing.
So through this little incident, I learnt anew in practical terms the Necessity of gratitude to God . Lol.

With love,
Chioma.

(1) (Reply)

Giving Pastors Envelope Money After Wedding / Spiritual Digest For The Day 9th Of September 2016 / You Can Make Your Desires Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.