Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) (1840 Views)

LIST OF Forbes’ 2013 FIVE Richest Names In Hip-hop / Forbes Magazine’s 2008 List Of Top 20 Earners In Hip-hop / Best Dressed In Hip Hop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2006
I found this article very interesting Weezy going at Jay-Z(lets 4get KINGDOM COME for now) Jeezy going at Nas. Its ridiculous

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10421

Jeezy questions Nas' street cred. There's apparently a "Nas and Jay-Z bite" bandwagon slowly spreading. In recent weeks, dudes who most would agree, have no business taking shots at the two classic lyricists, have been coming out of their faces with some outrageous statements. Yesterday morning, (December 7) Young Jeezy appeared on Philadelphia's 100.3 The Beat radio station to promote his forthcoming album, The Inspiration. It seems like he ended up promoting Nas' album instead. After sounding off on Weezy claiming to being better than Jay-Z, Snowman and the show's host's, Monie Love began arguing on whether or not hip-hop was dead.[Listen to the interview here] "You got Nas coming back saying hip-hop is dead. Who is he to say hip-hop is dead?" Jeezy offered with an insulted tone. "I might as well make a comment like Lil' Wayne then. Ya'll gon tell me I ain't doing hip-hop?" As "brilliant" as he is, Snowman then inexplicably lost his marbles and proceeded to question Nas' street cred in the heart of the "is hip-hop is dead" argument. O, K! "What you saying? I'ma respect his craft, and he ain't gon respect mine?" Jeezy asked. "Nas ain't no street nigga. He ain't been in no streets. Nas ain't did nothing he talking about, so what you saying?"

Who knew the Queensbridge Projects, America's largest,couldn't be considered the streets. Thanks for the education Jeezy. Wait, there's more. "Nas bus his guns? Nas been on the block? Do Nas have street credibility?" he continued. "Is any of Nas' homies in the feds? If Nas saying hip-hop is dead, I'm saying hip-hop is alive then. Tell him to get at me." No wonder Jeezy was his high school's debate team captain. He also attempted to use first week sales to prove his point during the argument. How does that Hov song go again, "Dig A Hole?" Well, apparently, Jeezy has been listening to his label's president. The argument ended with Monie Love putting her foot down. "It's dead," she firmly proclaimed. "Right there, I said it." The proud trapper then stormed out of the studio.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2006
I think its so stupid and ignorant when rappers talk about u have to be pushing drugs or have friends in jail to be a genuine rap artist. Some people need to grow up. Nas has grown up lots thats the reason he's so poetic and smart. Jeezy just needs to get out his baggy clothes and thug mentality and go to school (home schooling maybe) and grow up some. The funny thing some new naija rappers too want to take that path. Weezy too needs to shut up, he used to idolize Jay-Z and now he's saying he's better. I like Weezy a lot but he's definitely not there yet.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2006
Them stupid asswipes (Weezy and Jeezy) need some hiphop schooling. Who the Bleep told Jeezy one has to shoot ma'fuckas dead, or push rocks off the streets to be hiphop? You see that's the stupid mistake most of these wack cats make nowadays. Like one ol' skool rapper said, "put your mic where your mouth is ".

They all need to go listen to Talib Kweli's "Listen" and hear what he had to say.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2006
i totally agree with u gbade.x. Some of them think you have to do all that to be a rap artist. So where does that leave 2pac One of the greatest rappers that ever lived did not push drugs or buss guns (like jeezy would say) but his talent and skillz and brain got him where he is today. Some of all these rap artists just make songs for today and they're forgotten tomorrow
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2006
. . .and i believe that's one of the reasons NaS said "HipHop Is Dead". The art form's lost. What we have today is a bunch of perversion of true hiphop. No wonder 80% of hiphop's talents are underground, because when they try to go mainstream, them big stupid companies tempt 'em to forfeit their integrity and talent on the mic, for the thug image. And the annoying factor's that them stupid "fans" (groupie's more like it, e.g 50 cent groupies) are so gullible and swallow every bullshit churned out just to sell albums.

How did Immortal Technique put it down again?

"if you sell a million copies, don't count it as luck,
it just means a million people are stupid as Bleep"

'nuff said.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by naijafan(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2006
yeah right gbade.x
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2006
lol but true. have u heard "Hip Hop is dead" b.t.w its a hot song.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2006
@ naijafan:

what's so "yeah right" about what i said? Go through hiphop's history, that's enuff to school you. u know what? go learn about the Nelly vs KRS1 beef. or just about Canibus (that's even if u know who Canibus is) or Immortal Technique and his brief rendevouz with Sony Records. Just go learn about 'em. U'd now see what i'm talking about.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2006
@ naijafan:

what's so "yeah right" about what i said? Go through hiphop's history, that's enuff to school you. u know what? go learn about the Nelly vs KRS1 beef. or just about Canibus (that's even if u know who Canibus is) or Immortal Technique and his brief rendevouz with Sony Records. Just go learn about 'em. U'd now see what i'm talking about.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by kaydee(m): 12:16am On Dec 13, 2006
@ Gbade.X

I think Naija Fan is applauding ur words.Just anotha misconception. I agree with ya 100% too
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 4:41am On Dec 13, 2006
I was going to say the same I think he's agreeing with you. The "yeah right" just threw you off
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2006
Aight peops, my bad.

@ 9jafan,

yo dawg, my bad.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by Christino(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2006
@ naijafan,

Yeah and right mean the same, na only women dey talk yeahright when dem no gree with wetin you talk. Hip hop, use "word" or "respect" or something more poetic than the dust-raising "yeah right" grin

I've said it before small footed and short sighted rappers kick start their carriers by dissing rappers with big names. Even here in Naija it's not new.

Plats like awards require lots of publicity and marketing. houses like Def Jam and Bad boy are known to pay DJs to play hit tracks of their upcoming artistes or whack tracks once they've made the stupid name. Videos show up in no time. If you can't get DJ's and Radio MCs to play your tracks, no one gets to know them, no one gets to buy. I mean you need plenty of Hype, posters and advertorials.

Don't be surprised Missy has sold more copies than Nas. 50 cent has sold more than DMX and so on.

"The way that things are going i don't know, tell me why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you and me. . . (Coolio, Gangsta's Paradise)" smiley

And for rappers having to become thugs at all cost, I totally disagree with that. Be proud of who you are, that's why I scatter laugh when I hear some under 16 NLs talking about 44s and AKs like they've ever seen one before, if that's the case then Liberians and Sierra Leoneans who have carried Guns and Ammo taller than their height should be the best to give us some gangsta education not boys who haven't seen more than kitchen knives, snuff and cigarrettes (let alone cigars, weed and coke) grin
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by gbadex1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2006
^ roflmao Christino! You hit the nail on the head! exactly what i've been trying to pass across. especially that silly thug image sh*t. I can bet the only blood this mu'fuckin' 16yr olds have seen spilled must be at the clinics where they were getting immunisation shots.
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by mrmetoo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2006
@ Christino
that was funny the way u explained it to naija fan

I understand it takes a lot to sell records but it also shows how talentless new rap artists are turning out to be. Other genres of music do higher numbers than hip hop right now and they do not talk about bussing guns or how they sold crack on the corners under a lamp post. Those other genres just let the art sell itself of course with all other forms of promotions. I think these rappers just need something more than their music thats why they keep shouting "nine shots" or "I'm from the streets" unfortunately we hip hop fans bought into that crap and now thats all they serve us. All these fake wannabe gangstas
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by chizzy687(f): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2006
na small boy talk and envy
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by naijafan(m): 2:13am On Feb 23, 2007
cheesy. i never knew thias misconception went on self. gbade.x, me just dey agree with you. i come feel your immortal technique lines again, na y i just talk yeah right just like that o. you come diss me say i no sabi canibus sad nothing dey hapun sha.

BTW this weekend still stand?
Re: Whats Going On In Hip-hop? (small Boy Rappers Dissing Big Boys) by omogenaija(f): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2007
those small yeye boys just want attention and dont know any other way to sell records
its ashame angry angry

can u imagine a child being rude to its baba.

(1) (Reply)

Charley-boy's "ninja Bike" / Jay Z Versus Vector (us Vs Naija) (utube + Mp4 Downloads Available) / Site To Download Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.