Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) (971 Views)

I am Sorry, But Afonja Women In London Are A Big Disgrace / 2 Shameless Afonja Man And Woman Fighting In Bus In London / Use Of Afonja To Describe The Yorubas On Nairaland Is Very Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by flyingsnail(f): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
In a nutshell , Afonja was a Yoruba traitor who helped to destroy the Oyo empire and handed over Ilorin to the Fulani jihadists in exchange for a promise of cooperation to install him as the Yoruba leader. He was promptly kicked out by the Fulanis, who till today, rule Ilorin which is 98% Yoruba. That is why you have Olusola Saraki, Bukola Saraki, and Agboola Gambari , Fulanis with fake Yoruba names and outlook, lording it over these "most educated" of Nigerians , right in their own land and with their acquiescence. Yet today, in order to spite their Igbo rivals who they helped the Alimi tendency to defeat in Biafra, they shout to the rooftops that the Yoruba race had never been defeated!!

As for Aalafin Aole, after being sentenced to commit ritual suicide by the Oyo Mesi( the Yoruba Parliament), he cursed the Yoruba race and predicted that they will be carried to the four corners of the earth as slaves and that their former slaves would rule over them. He fired four arrows to all the four corners of the compass. That is perhaps why at least 80% of the black slave diaspora, from Brazil to the Caribbean, to Cuba and the USA is of the ethnic Yoruba stock, a really sad situation, which is unfortunately celebrated by some "educated" Yoruba people as a sign of Yoruba dispersal all over the world.

You have a Yoruba name, so please read the book, "A History of Nigeria" by my mentor, the late Professor F. Ade Ajayi and also the seminal work "The Black Mans Dilemma " by Areoye Oyebola and you will learn that the rain started beating the Yorubas and Nigeria from a long time ago and has not ceased after several centuries. Epelle OO!!

Jon west

1 Like

Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by dpete1: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
I just knew the meaning of afonja after numberless times of seeing it online
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by NATIONALPASTOR: 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
The afonjas never disappoint
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by bukifemi1: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
grin grin
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by subtlemee(f): 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
Wow! shocked so this is the history of Afonja...

Interesting
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
subtlemee:
Wow! shocked so this is the history of Afonja...

Interesting
ee sufuri open ya mouth ooo,,,fly d pertch 4 night ooO
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by Marcelo290(m): 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
Little wonder....
I didn't say anything o!
Re: Afonja -the Yoruba Traitor (oyo Empire) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
OP afonjas go soon come calling for ur head o for saying the history of how they became fulani slaves lol

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Man Who Kills People For Money Rituals Exposed - PHOTOS / How We Dupe People Online – Yahoo Boys / My Letter To Ogun State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.