Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? (2773 Views)

$150million OLAM Integrated Feedmill And Poultry In Kaduna State (Photos) / How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill / Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good day nlnders, I need everybody's view on which to invest in first, because my little capital cannot accommodate both areas. I've already done informal training on poultry farming, raising DOCs to POLs, I've also undergone training in a reputable feedmill. Thanks as you drop ur points...
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by tomquest: 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
DAMYH:
Good day nlnders, I need everybody's view on which to invest in first, because my little capital cannot accommodate both areas.

Start with poultry farming with the resources you have at hand. Grow the business and then branch out into feedmill (from a small scale initially).

The thing is, your poultry farm should be the first customer for your new feedmill, thus guaranteeing continuity and market.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks a million... Still looking forward to seeing more responses.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by alakara(m): 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
tomquest:

Start with poultry farming with the resources you have at hand. Grow the business and then branch out into feedmill (from a small scale initially).

The thing is, your poultry farm should be the first customer for your new feedmill, thus guaranteeing continuity and market.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2016
DAMYH:
Good day nlnders, I need everybody's view on which to invest in first, because my little capital cannot accommodate both areas. I've already done informal training on poultry farming, raising DOCs to POLs, I've also undergone training in a reputable feedmill. Thanks as you drop ur points...
I will say the market research of your location on both will tell you which one will be more preferred to the other regardless of your personal interest on the business.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Nicogen4us:
I will say the market research of your location on both will tell you which one will be more preferred to the other regardless of your personal interest on the business.
Thank you very much, I will definitely work on that.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2016
I need more contributions from more agroprenures. But I will prefer to start with feedmill industry,because of the intense capital involved, and series of stages involved in starting a poultry farm. Thanks as you drop ur views...
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 6:19am On Aug 17, 2016
DAMYH:
I need more contributions from more agroprenures. But I will prefer to start with feedmill industry,because of the intense capital involved, and series of stages involved in starting a poultry farm. Thanks as you drop ur views...
To start with feed mill ensure you know much about livestock feed formulation very well with the use of the technology software and how to source for your ingredients at the local market price.This will help and take you ahead than your competitors.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Obcglobal(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2016
Just reading and following
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:
To start with feed mill ensure you know much about livestock feed formulation very well with the use of the technology software and how to source for your ingredients at the local market price.This will help and take you ahead than your competitors.
Thanks so much... I'm well trained on feed formulation on cost effectiveness of compounded feeds. To get raw materials is not a problem too. I really appreciate your contribution boss.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
DAMYH:

Thanks so much... I'm well trained on feed formulation on cost effectiveness of compounded feeds. To get raw materials is not a problem too. I really appreciate your contribution boss.
You are welcome.You are good to go with that in as much you are in agricultural setting area than going to Poultry.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by DAMYH: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nicogen4us:
You are welcome.You are good to go with that in as much you are in agricultural setting area than going to Poultry.
Thanks boss...
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by EZEB1(m): 4:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Good day sir please if I may ask where did u get your training on feedmill production? Are interested in having a partner in the set up of the business kindly contact me on Beezminninglimited@gmail.com or WhatsApp me. On 08056112392

Cheers
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Ezinwa25(f): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
DAMYH:

please do you have any idea, where I can get raw materials for poultry feed formulation
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ezinwa25:

please do you have any idea, where I can get raw materials for poultry feed formulation
it is only in the rural areas you can get yourself ingredients at a cheap price for now the economy is downcast.if I may ask where do you reside?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Ezinwa25(f): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nicogen4us:
it is only in the rural areas you can get yourself ingredients at a cheap price for now the economy is downcast.if I may ask where do you reside?

IMO state
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ezinwa25:

IMO state
my area rural areas in which I thought I can be of help but is greatly far.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by jesse8048(m): 4:48am On Sep 23, 2016
DAMYH:

Pls where can one undergo training on poultry farming?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2016
a Ron of soybean is how much?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by grownaira: 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
soybean or soybean cake?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by grownaira: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
soybean or soybean cake?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
grownaira:

soybean or soybean cake?
soybean cake
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by grownaira: 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
soybean cake
N133, 000 per ton
Thanks
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
grownaira:

N133, 000 per ton
Thanks
how many tonnes of feed will I get with it?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by grownaira: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
how many tonnes of feed will I get with it?

Haa. I am not a feed miller ooo. So I won't know that. We only produce soyabean cake and groundnut cake used for milling feeds.

Regards
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
grownaira:

Haa. I am not a feed miller ooo. So I won't know that. We only produce soyabean cake and groundnut cake used for milling feeds.

Regards
OK what about transportation?
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by grownaira: 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
iamodenigbo1:
OK what about transportation?
Free delivery within kaduna. Buyer pays for transport outside kaduna.
Regards
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2016
jesse8048:

Pls where can one undergo training on poultry farming?
You can contact Trinity Crown Science laboratory and entrepreneurship Centre with subsidiary of Trinity farm and Co.Ltd for both regular and online classes.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by jesse8048(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Nicogen4us:
You can contact Trinity Crown Science laboratory and entrepreneurship Centre with subsidiary of Trinity farm and Co.Ltd for both regular and online classes.

Where's their office located? I stay in oyigbo, rivers state.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by Nicogen4us(f): 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
jesse8048:

Where's their office located? I stay in oyigbo, rivers state.
Office address : No. 2, Along Oyo -Ogbomoso road Opposite State hospital exit gate Oyo town,Oyo State.
Re: Which Is More Lucrative Between Poultry Farming And Feedmill Industry? by dumpointer: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2016
Guys can someone explain what the difference between soya bean meal and soya bean cake?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Acres Make Hectare? / What would You Do With 140k? � / Endtime Rooster (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.