Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths (663 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / See What The North Wished Jonathan When He Was President (pics) / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2016

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says youths are the greatest assets of Nigeria, as young persons made it possible for the country to attain the position of the largest economy on the continent.

Celebrating young people on the occasion of the International Youth Day, Jonathan said youths would continue to be his inspiration.

He urged youths to continue to develop themselves through positive endeavours.

“I salute the resilience and creativity of our youths on a day dedicated to them. From Adichie to Jelani Aliyu, our youths continue to be our pride,” he said in a statement.

“When Nigeria’s economy became the largest economy on the African continent, it was and is because of our youths.

“When we perform exploits at the Olympics and other sporting events, it is because of the great Nigerian youths. Nigeria, and indeed the world, has no greater asset than our youth and you will continue to be my personal inspiration.

“My message to youths is to urge you to continue to develop yourselfthrough positive endeavors. The future is yours. God bless our youths. GEJ”

Nigeria became the largest economy in 2014, but recently lost the spot to South Africa as a result of the instability of the naira.

https://www.thecable.ng/jonathan-when-we-had-the-largest-economy-in-africa-it-was-because-of-youths?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9461223601

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
This man always have the youths at heart, he even campaigned for the Youths during his presidential campaign in January 2015.
“My generation has failed Nigerians and it is the youths that will take this country to the moon. I’m here to talk to the youths who are voting for the first time and those between the ages of 20-23 years. It is only this government that has done so much for the youths in this country.

“We have scholarship for the youths but they must first make first class in their various schools before they will benefit. We will send them to the best universities across the world to further their education and they said we have no plans for the youths.

“Can a government that has no plan for its youths be doing this? We have built schools across the country including Almajiri schools in the North. Ask those who are deceiving you what they built when they were in government,”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/08/my-generation-has-failed-nigerians-says-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by Tolexander: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
“When Nigeria’s economy became the largest economy on the African continent, it was and is because of our youths.
youth like Bamanga Tukur abi?
Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by GoldCircle: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
He actually did something for the youths. When me remember youwin program water run away me eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by robosky02(m): 5:53am On Aug 13, 2016
and when the economy become stagnant now its because of the old men in power

and very where grin
Re: Jonathan: When We Had The Largest Economy In Africa, It Was Because Of Youths by MadamExcellency: 5:57am On Aug 13, 2016
Jonathan lost the few Northern Nigeria votes to win Buhari when he promised to hand over to a Youth of Northern Nigeria extraction while he paraded Old PDP Northern Elites with presidential ambitions (we all know he had no other choice nor political structure outside them at that particular time when he (Jonathan) was desperate to a second term).

The northern oligarchy then defrauded Jonathan billions of his security votes (what we now call arms money) with a promise to deliver him but that was all lies.

The Youths that Jonathan wanted to give back power were busy repackaging a redundant "out of phase" unsynchronizable old generation despot that had nothing for them than propaganda and bedtime promises.

The Youths had a choice but blew it and should suffer the consequences as we have them now.

Next time, the youths should make informed choices borne out of serious comparisons and not dwelling on absolute hate/antagonism and a three year grudge initiated at Lagos anti-fuel subsidy removal protest when taking serious decision that will affect their future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omg! 6 Year Old Boy Beats His Newborn Baby Sister To Death (photos) / Fayose To Buhari – Stop Paying Deaf Ears To The Cry Of The Masses Or Else!!! / Breaking News: FG Disowns U.s-based Lawyer Demanding 40 % Of Abacha’s Loot****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.