Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) (27154 Views)

Exam Sitting Arrangement In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka / Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa Hostels Are In Poor State (Photos) / N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Harvard13(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
oluwatosin400:
Nigeria's First President, Nnamdi Azikiwe was kind enough to build these blocks of flats aka Zik Blocks and handed over to the management of the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu state. Over the years, the estate which comprises of 22 student hostels with restaurants and a nursing mothers hostel building, have been left abandoned and are deteriorating daily.

More photos after the cut...

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/13/see-the-state-of-the-block-of-flats-former-president-nnamdi-azikiwe-built-for-unn-photos/

hehe...my lodge dey behind that second pic.

this blocks were d in thing then. corpers still stay in some of these buildings
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Cauhlins(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
this op can lie shaaa.... The hostels in this picture are no longer in use. They were abandoned even before i got admission in UNN. Op why don't u show NLs the hostels in school. I'm a proud #SuperLion
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Youngzedd(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
johnmartus:
why he no complete it before he die? beside what about his son who just left office? azikwe ebele Jonathan?

Which son

That one na 100% fake. He used it to gather votes from the south east people.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
khaymillers:
nothing compared to the ones in uniben. The rats alone in aminu kano hostel uyniben are more than the population of nigeria Itself plus dirtY smelly old disastrous rickety buildings

Stop saying what you dont know. Uniben hostels have all been repainted in the past 6 yrs or so. Hall 1-4 were repainted while I was there around 2009 or 2010. I don't know if any work has been done on them again ever since, but they don't look bad outwardly.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lanretoye:
bi olode o ba ku,ojude re o ni wu koriko.someone help me with the english translation.
If a man is not dead yet his surroundings won't be taken over by weeds.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Youngzedd(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
ibadanfinest:
Since it was built back then, am sure the structure will still be solid. All that needs to be done is small inner work, change the roof and paint it.

You will be surprised. But like someone observed; its outside the skul gate but thats not enough reason to abandon it. It can though be privatized.

"comprises of 22 student hostels with restaurants and a nursing mothers hostel building."

They should turn it to self contain, this will crash the price of house rents for the students.

Make the environment lively.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Youngzedd(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
pek:
Thank you for this info. I was going to write until I saw this info. The last time I was at Nsukka, it was a girls hostel. Before I left UNN, Zik had donated it to school. So, if the family is dragging it with the school, that means they are insulting the great Zik and UNN.

The family are sick in the brain. There use to be one of them that drink ogogoro in Ose main market Onitsha.

It was built with public fund and donated to the school.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Youngzedd(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Youngmolis:
We pray Dat "grin Labours of our Heroes past shall neva be in vain"
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by jordinsparkles(f): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
NathanBabs:
And yet they claim they are the best in all aspects!!!
so undecided
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by fuckpoverty(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2016
since aw many yrs...landed property is d only wealth a person can boost of in hundreds of years......baba God let my success last like landed property ooooo...AMIN
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by ebukason3(m): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
I will rebuild those hostels when i become president of Nigeria. I don de see wetin zik see years back.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Spells(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Damn. This is really bad
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by khaymillers: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
ILIDEFI:

Stop saying what you dont know. Uniben hostels have all been repainted in the past 6 yrs or so. Hall 1-4 were repainted while I was there around 2009 or 2010. I don't know if any work has been done on them again ever since, but they don't look bad outwardly.
repainting it does not make the building new. It makes the old paint new. The buildings are old and theY look bad outwardly fyi. It seems you don't know how dirtY the walls are esp the ones where the funnel rests on. Dude uniben hostel is nothing to write. Home about
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
The yeye blogger will not say that the hostels are outside the school, painting my alma mater bad. OP you dey mad!
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Cauhlins:
this op can lie shaaa.... The hostels in this picture are no longer in use. They were abandoned even before i got admission in UNN. Op why don't u show NLs the hostels in school. I'm a proud #SuperLion
Don't mind that monkey.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
khaymillers:
repainting it does not make the building new. It makes the old paint new. The buildings are old and theY look bad outwardly fyi. It seems you don't know how dirtY the walls are esp the ones where the funnel rests on. Dude uniben hostel is nothing to write. Home about

So because the walls are dirty in some places, is that why you say they are worse than the buildings showed in this thread? Look at the pictures in this thread again and tell yourself if uniben hostels are a quarter as bad as they are.
What have the buildings not being new got to do with anything? Is there any old university in the world that has only new buildings as hostels? Buildings generally maintain their outward beauty because they are occasionally repainted. As for the other issues of dirtiness of uniben hostels, they relate to the general uncleanness of most Nigerian university students in public schools.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Why are we so useless in this country? We just can't maintain anything in this country.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Kingsley121(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
betterABIAstate:
The issue is in court, the school management and ziks family are in rift over the real ownership of the hostel hence the decay. And the hostel is not in the school premises, na off campus

We cannot blame anybody for this, not even the government, the building has been impounded
you just spoke the truth, it's only the students of the school that knows the real story, and the school management has stopped allocating students there
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Talk2david1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
looks like scenes from a horror movie
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by swiffy(f): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
johnmartus:
why he no complete it before he die? beside what about his son who just left office? azikwe ebele Jonathan?
u funny oooo
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by basilo101: 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
These hostel are no longer in use for more than 10 years, they are ziks private property leased to UNN temporarily. when UNN wanted to renovate it, Ziks sons stopped them and they evacuated students from the place. UNN hostels are good
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Skelewu: 4:03am On Aug 14, 2016
brainpulse:
So their homes are as bad and worst like this. They can't maintain monuments left behind for them and yet will come to Lagos and nairaland spewing rubbish. Jonathan gave them houses-so this is an examples, he built bridges for them and made their lives better abi. Nonsense

Obviously you lack brain contrary to your moniker.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:22am On Aug 14, 2016
basilo101:
These hostel are no longer in use for more than 10 years, they are ziks private property leased to UNN temporarily. when UNN wanted to renovate it, Ziks sons stopped them and they evacuated students from the place. UNN hostels are good
God bless you for this info.
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 4:26am On Aug 14, 2016
betterABIAstate:
The issue is in court, the school management and ziks family are in rift over the real ownership of the hostel hence the decay. And the hostel is not in the school premises, na off campus

We cannot blame anybody for this, not even the government, the building has been impounded
God bless you for the info. Threads like dis should be modified as the OP didn't even get concrete information before posting rubbish. I was already mad at the school authority before I saw ur post. ZIKS SONS SHOULD BACK OFF IMMEDIATELY
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by Geesaintagape: 7:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Education is a scam in Nigeria evidenced by inn hostel
Re: The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
Oga poster no dey give us half baked story because of cheap clickbait!

Dat hostel mata dey law court..
Zik family dey drag d ownership with UNN.
U can't expect UNN to inject fund 4 its maintenance den later lose d outright ownership of the building due to court ruling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab: Lagos State Government Released Circular To enforce Court Judgement / Facts About Africa / Kaduna Pupils Desert Schools After Eating Free Meals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.