Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) (44078 Views)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by bee444: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2016
pansophist:
This story reeks of lies, lots of unanswered questions.

1. Switzerland and Spain are in the schengen area, there is no border check at airport when travelling across each other. Why did they single him out and accorded such treatment?

2. He said he has permanent residence in Spain and wanted to renew it, this is trash. you only renew permanent residence plastic card or if it a vignette in your passport, not permanent residence status.

3. Since he applied for social security before and left after five months, he has been flagged as a criminal to exploit the system. You can only visit Swiss as a tourist and not as a social assistance beneficiary.

4. If he has permanent residence visa in Spain as claimed, he could just go to the embassy and they will give him a temporary residence to return, which is not the case here.

5. What about his friend that he went to visit? what was his reaction after all these? his silence simply passes a message that his visit was fraudulent, and was left alone to deal with the consequence.

He never said he wanted to renew o. He said he would have been eligible for citizenship had he stayed in Spain and not travelled.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by olagold79: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
justwise:

Dude Switzerland is a member of Schengen state and a Spanish PR holder can enter the UK without a visa

He somehow nailed himself somwhere. Why lobby for benefits there in the first place
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by olagold79: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
Bandeco:

Appalling display of ignorance @ the bolded
It was an error, I meant they are in the Schengen but they belong to the EEA not an EU member state just like Norway and Lechestein. And its actually risky for a Nigerian to travel when your RP is about to expire,Every country expects you to have at least reapply 2monthz before the expiration. I know of guys who have been harrased beacuse of this, although not to dis level. Seriously do you think its normal for your RP to be just a couple of days to expiration n you don't have a solid backup. I still belive it's teribbly unwise to travel days to become an illegal immigrant...that is why they could keep him for some days n afterwards declare he's illegal. If he had renewed or gained citizenship, even if he doesn't have d card yet or d passport his name would have appeared somewhere as a legal residence.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by olagold79: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
bee444:

He never said he wanted to renew o. He said he would have been eligible for citizenship had he stayed in Spain and not travelled.

The point is even if he's eligible he has to put in an application. Naturally monthz before the expiration of the current status. Obviously, he never did that.It doesn't matter if its citizenship or just RP renewal he should have had a pending application. Amd just few days to the expiration of whatever status he's holding presently ....he surely should have had a new permit card or passport. If he doesn't have any of those why did he travel? ,That's why he could be kept for just a couple of days n be immediately illegal afterwards.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by olagold79: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
justwise:

Yes let's the blame game start! It's not his fault for trying to claim benefits even when he is not bloody entitled for one

Whose fault is it bro?...ignorance unfortunately is not recognized in law
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by stevedre: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
gypsey:
Really? grin i think you may be exarggerating a little bit, no white woman will cause you any problem if you break up with them, all they would do is move on to another black man, they would only cause you problem if you lied to them or conned them which most nigerians in Europe are guilty of always, lies and conning.

Being a Nigerian makes you a suspect before any crime is commited grin. A friend of mine in Germany was beating up by his ex wifes brothers till he passed out, they injected drugs into his system and also put some in his pockets, he did time in jail before being deported. Over here a pregnant Nigerian woman was arrested because she was a neighbor to some prostitutes from Kenya. We donated money to get a lawyer for her and also bought food stuffs because our useless embassy did nothing.
This is why I get pissed with the our airport staffs when they treat white people like kings in Nigeria but this same white people do all they can to frustrate Blacks especially nigerians feom their airport to where ever youre based. Im not a racist cuz one of my best friend is a white guy but these are the bitter scenarios many nigerians are facing abroad.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Pamelayoung: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
These people are very wicked can they treat an American citizen like that?
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
stevedre:

Being a Nigerian makes you a suspect before any crime is commited grin. A friend of mine in Germany was beating up by his ex wifes brothers till he passed out, they injected drugs into his system and also put some in his pockets, he did time in jail before being deported. Over here a pregnant Nigerian woman was arrested because she was a neighbor to some prostitutes from Kenya. We donated money to get a lawyer for her and also bought food stuffs because our useless embassy did nothing.
This is why I get pissed with the our airport staffs when they treat white people like kings in Nigeria but this same white people do all they can to frustrate Blacks especially nigerians feom their airport to where ever youre based. Im not a racist cuz one of my best friend is a white guy but these are the bitter scenarios many nigerians are facing abroad.
Really? I find all this your story hard to believe, which part of Europe do you live? Perhaps what kind of people do you associate with? Or is it the area in the country you live? because this things you mentioned Above Does not happen here in England, though i was born here in london and i have had alot of white girlfriend infact i have a white girl friend at present.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by AnthonyAk(m): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
gypsey:
Really? I find all this your story hard to believe, which part of Europe do you live? Perhaps what kind of people do you associate with? Or is it the area in the country you live? because this things you mentioned Above Does not happen here in England, though i was born here in london and i have had alot of white girlfriend infact i have a white girl friend at present.

No mind am oh that story follow get k leg. If u consistently deal with nigerians abroad your bound to wind up with the wrong bunch. Especially the ones you didnt meet in the classrooms. ask him how he is still in the country and he cant give you a str8 answer , like we didnt pass through the same border.
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by ATERI(m): 2:12am On Aug 17, 2016
gypsey:

You mean there is no miscarriage of justice in England?
Re: Man Drugged, Dumped In Nigeria After Two Months In Swiss Jail (pic) by ezan(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
jantavanta:

From your first-hand experience with them, how can you convince Nigerians in Nigeria to stop worshipping them as second to Gods ?

My brother, that is the million dollar question. These people, their CIA, IMF etc are a huge thorn in Africa's backside. America & Europe have stolen so much from us. There're 3 key things we can do:
1. Increase knowledge of self, our rich history, how the world works-you know, education that counts. We're the better humans, not the so-called whites. It was the black man that civilized the world, at a time when Europe was full of savages. Most of the technological inventions the world takes for granted were created by blacks.
2. Get rid of their stupid religions-it has almost destroyed the black man.
3. Create a real African economy-by Africans and for Africans.

Of course, there are a lot more things we could do. However, getting the above 3 implemented-for starters-will get the rest of the world to stop and take notice. They'd realize we have woken up!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charles Chukwukelue Ebele Drowns In River Niger, Gave Life Jacket To Friend / Family Of 5 Escapes Without A Scratch After Trailer Crushes Car In Jos / New Pictures Of Onitsha and Awka At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.