Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion (658 Views)

Mainagate: Jonathan Exonerates Self From Receiving N5 Billion Pension Fund / Henry & Charles Okah To Sue Jonathan / Govt Has Agreed To Release Nnamdi Kanu, Okah Brothers, - MEND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2016
THE Okah brothers, Messrs. Henry Emomotimi Okah, and Charles Tonbra Okah, have slammed a N5 billion lawsuit against former President Goodluck Jonathan and his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, for allegedly breaching their fundamental right to fair hearing with a press statement issued on August 8.

one of them, Charles Okah, also alleged that some top federal government officials visited him at Kuje Prisons in Abuja to endorse the second term ambition of the ex-President with an offer of one million US dollars, which he rejected.

Their solicitor, Timipa Jenkins Okponipere Esq., in a statement, yesterday night, confirmed that he had received the instruction of the Okah brothers to sue both Jonathan and Eze..

“It is our client’s brief that the entire contents of the said statement breached their fundamental right to fair hearing as secured and guaranteed to them by the extant provisions of the 1999Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) as well as the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act 2004,” Okponipere said.

The statement, made up of allegations against the former President, read: “Secondly, one of our clients,Mr. Charles Okah, has reacted to and corroborated the recent revelations made by one Cynthia Whyte regarding the unsuccessful attempts made by former President Jonathan to lobby the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to endorse the former President’s 2015 failed re-election bid. Please find below, our client’s narrative of the saga, to wit:

“Several days ago, my attention was drawn to the mention of my name in a statement released by one Ms. Cynthia Whyte, spokesperson for the Reformed Niger Delta Avengers (RNDA), a splinter group from the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA).

“The said statement detailing how the Avengers was formed and published in an online news media, Sahara Reporters, revealed that I was visited in Kuje Prison Abuja at night around November 2014 by (names withheld) from former President Goodluck Jonathan to convey a message to the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to endorse the former Presidentas the group’s choice in the 2015 general elections.

“ I can confirm that indeed such a visit took place. I can also confirm that the RNDA account by Cynthia Whyte is correct,” he stated.

His words: “A quid pro quo was then proposed. In exchange for our cooperation, the sum of One Million US Dollars was offered in mint cash. I was shown the money and promised that once the endorsement was released the money will be made available and paid to whomever I mentioned to give it to.

“They promised that the trumped-up charges against my co-accused Obi Nwabueze and I will be dropped, and that Edmund Ebiware, convicted to life imprisonment would be given a Presidential pardon, while there will be no government interference in influencing the outcome of my brother’s Appeal in SouthAfrica.

“Few days later, I contacted my brother Henry and briefed him about the visit. After listening to me, he immediately rejected the proposal in its entirety, disdained the conditional offer for our release, and the$1million bribe, saying we willnot sell our birth right for a bowl of porridge. Henry then told me to brace-up myself for another 4 years in prison should former President Goodluck Jonathan gets a second term.

“He believed that God will take care of our families. He then directed me to appeal toMEND to endorse Muhammadu Buhari, a preferred choice and damn the consequences. That was exactly how MEND rejected Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan and endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari,” Charles Okah disclosed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/okah-brothers-sue-jonathan-n5-billion/
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 14, 2016
“The said statement detailing how the Avengers was formed and published in an online news media, Sahara Reporters, revealed that I was visited in Kuje Prison Abuja at night around November 2014 by (names withheld) from former President Goodluck Jonathan to convey a message to the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to endorse the former Presidentas the group’s choice in the 2015 general elections.“ I can confirm that indeed such a visit took place. I can also confirm that the RNDA account by Cynthia Whyte is correct,” he stated.
As usual, your animosity for GEJ will induce you to support any allegation against him.

Jonathan should go and vindicate himself if he isn't culpable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2016
U no tell us say Na money u want.
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by mykemiley(f): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2016
Boys dey hungry.......

1 Like

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by AlPeter: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Gej some folks heroes.
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by babyfaceafrica: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2016
Lolz
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Businessideas: 8:10am On Aug 14, 2016
The shitt is about to hit the fan. This one is bigger than Jibrin vs Dogara. It's interesting how all those who have traumatized and plotted against Nigeria and Buhari are fighting amongst themselves. This Buhari head is strong o, like there's one unseen hands tearing down his enemies

1 Like

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by fulanmafia: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Jonathan better speak up and defend himself or his end is near.

Since he and others were named sponsors of the scAvengers, we haven't heard any further attacks on the pipelines.

The Okahs are clearly ready for this fight in the mud. After their suffering and Jonathan's defeat, they have nothing to lose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Abeymills(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2016
Imagine criminal terrorist that killed innocent Nigerians I can't 4get d eagle square bomb blast trying 2b relevant nonsence
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by StOla: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
Jonathan's first indication that he was going to be a failure as president, came with these Okah brothers / MEND bombing in Abuja on 1st October 2010.

No it wasn't MEND, I know my brothers (even after MEND had forwarned days before the event and claimed responsibility after the event). - Pres. Jonathan, 2nd October 2010.

Jonathan sought our help to implicate Babangida, Raymond Dokpesi and other Northern Politicians, as mastermind of our October 2010 bombing. - Mend, prior to PDP primaries in early 2011 that was contested by Babangida and Atiku etc versus Jonathan.

MEND wanted to assassinate me, but the secret service was aware of the threat, that's why they quickly drove me out of Eagle Square on the 1st October 2010 bombing. - Pres Jonathan , while campaigning for re-election in 2015.

Even Charles Okah once had to write a letter to Cardinal Okogie on the terrible prison conditions Jonathan ensured he was subjected to, while boko haram suspects were being treated like kings in the same prison, under the same administration of the Christian Pres. Jonathan. He was being punished for not cooperating with Jonathan to use the bombings to implicate political enemies.

One day, Jonathan will confess what relationship truly exists between him and MEND. At least we already know that Ali Modu Sheriff sponsored boko haram and gave them cabinet position in his state government as compensation for driving his election campaign to unseat Mala Kachalla. Eventually, the relationship went sour and Ali Modu Sherrif no longer had control over boko haram that now wanted control over the state.

1 Like

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by drss2(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2016
if u want to know those behind d so called RNDA read d article. MEND = RNDA.
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by egift(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Abeymills:
Imagine criminal terrorist that killed innocent Nigerians I can't 4get d eagle square bomb blast trying 2b relevant nonsence

You mean Criminals and their Sponsors? grin grin grin grin
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by Flexherbal(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2016
The prison these guus go to, is it the same with the ones criminals go to?
Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by sexybrooke: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2016
fulanmafia:
Jonathan better speak up and defend himself or his end is near.

Since he and others were named sponsors of the scAvengers, we haven't heard any further attacks on the pipelines.

The Okahs are clearly ready for this fight in the mud. After their suffering and Jonathan's defeat, they have nothing to lose.
as I am an igbo, do you know if I turn around tomorrow and say goodluck gave 10bn to bomb pipeline do you know you will support me ?so keep your rubbish sermon for your illiterate fulani mafia

2 Likes

Re: Okah Brothers Sue Jonathan For N5 Billion by HtwoOw: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2016
$1,000,000.00

Offered to a prisoner in mint cash just to buy support and endorsement

No, it's not Jonathan's senseless spending that's causing our pains

Let's blame Buhari some more

Dabullit

GmBuhari

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Rare Picture. Check It Out. / Na Wa O! - Police Arrests Man For Naming Pet Dog ‘buhari’ / Photo: Nigerian Woman Names Her Dog "Lai Mohammed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.