Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics (1264 Views)

Obiano Should Be Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Unit - PDP (Photo) / Luxurious Bus Oshiomhole And Obaseki Are Campaigning With / PDP Chairman Sheriff Campaigning To Retain His Office - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by IllegalMoney: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2016
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC Mr. Godwin Obaseki has said that he cannot be debating instead of campaigning to win the September governorship election.

Speaking with NAIJA CENTER NEWS on Saturday, Obaseki said that he would attend the debate expected to be organized by Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria.

Mr. Obaseki who is currently on the road campaigning from village to village has been accused by many Nigerian youths, particularly those from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP campaign camp that his refusal to show at the debate venue at Benson Idahosa University is a sign of emptiness and fear of defeat.

Also Read: Video: Egor youths protest to BEDC over continuous blackout
Responding to NAIJA CENTER NEWS numerous questions, the APC candidate said he did not boycott the interactive session as speculated since he sent a representative who he said is his coordinator.

Obaseki said ” When you send a representative, is that a refusal to attend?

“I cannot be in every event on every occasion. The most important debate will be the one organized by the Broadcasting organization of Nigeria which will be national.

“I told the organizers that this might not be The Debate. If I spend my time debating and not campaigning I am not likely to get the seat of the governor. I am right now campaigning across the villages because I have my schedules.”

Also Read: Rivers Re-run Election Malpractices: PDP calls for arrest, prosecution of Amaechi
When asked if his refusal to be present himself won’t affect his campaign, the APC contestant said “It won’t have any effect. There is nothing I am going to say there that my representative cannot say. In the meantime, i need to go campaign to the people who do not have the opportunity.

“I told the organizer to show me a national debate organized for governorship contestants. Can you imagine if i spend my time attending debates across? One thing is that election timetable this year is very short, less than a month so I have to cover the space.

“I send my coordinator who have been working with me from the beginning.”

Also Read: APC wins 64 seats in Senate
Explaining further while he believed his decision won’t have any negative effect on his campaign, Obaseki told NAIJA CENTER NEWS that “Well, I am trying to build institution, I am trying to move from a personality based government to institution based government.

“This particular, is this supposed to be a debate or an interactive session? If it is a debate, there is one main debate that will be organized for governorship election candidates and that is the one I am waiting for. I can’t be doing debate while I am supposed to be campaigning.”

Read more: http://www.naijacenter.com/politics/cannot-debating-im-supposed-campaigning-obaseki-replies-critics/#ixzz4HIMYNUu0
Follow us: @naijacenter on Twitter | naijacenter on Facebook

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by pyyxxaro: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2016
See e face like small pikin purge # Yuck angry grin #

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by madridguy(m): 10:01am On Aug 14, 2016
APC till thy Kingdom come. grin

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by IllegalMoney: 10:11am On Aug 14, 2016
pyyxxaro:
See e face like small pikin purge # Yuck angry grin #

grin grin
Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Tezboi(m): 10:14am On Aug 14, 2016
grin
Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by MadamExcellency: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2016
This is exactly how we got Buhari instead of Kwankwaso, Atiku, Ndah or Okorocha who were all better than the old man assuming APC was predestined to win Jonathan's PDP.

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by viktagorion: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2016
Debate you must.

You better prepare.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2016
Just how low Nigerian politicians think... how long does a debate take?

Is the debate not to earn you votes also among the elites and others?

Is it not to boost your capability among voters?

Is it not through debate americans found out thrump is empty?

Is it a crime to ask for how you intend to rule if you do?

Bottomline..... you are as empty as the second kitchen pot in most homes right now

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by iokpebholo: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2016
See him face like who amadioha dey torment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by MONITZ: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2016
Mr. Obaseki ,na talk be that?? Anyway I am not suprised because the A. P. C is a bunch of ne'er do wells, inept and vacuous individual who thrive nd revel in propaganda.
If u won't debate then how do you convince the populace to key into ur manifesto,sorry I forgot our political parties lack manifestos,they just cash in on people's sentiments to garner votes.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
He's right. Debates are for an intelligent population where it functions as a campaign. Not here.

In this dumb society debating is a waste of time and energy. Nigerians are not smart enough to vote you for sound ideas.

If debates worked in Nigeria, Martin Onovo would have been President and Jimi Agbaje the Governor of Lagos.

Promises are what work here. Stomach infrastructure coupled with so many lies. Packaging helps too. Get a good propagandist and you've won already.

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by UnclePati: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Obaseki.....the debate is the only way we can vet your brain to be sure its not a COCONUT head like the man occupying Aso Rock.

APC members are largely known as very Dull olodo's very incompetent and loud mouthed with empty promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Agunechemba1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
U are a disgrace to yourself and supporters

Whichever way you want it, Dennis Osadebe Avenue has been occupied already come September 10.

There's only one option in Edo state.

Pastor Osagie Ize iyamu's victory is sure.

U obviously boycotted the debate because you have nothing to offer.
We are wiser now.

A vote for Osagie is a vote for a new Edo.
God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by pedrilo: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Na their way oh

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Osehnetworld(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
cn somebody pls tell ds guy to shut up
is debating nt a means of campaigning
just bcs ur godfather won't b allowed to mount d podium on ur behalf

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by greatness22(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
This man face and my yansh almost resemble each other.

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by addicted268(f): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Balderdash

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Debating Instead Of Campaigning To Win – Obaseki Replies Critics by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
This is exactly hw BABA never debated last year, if not we would have seen if he actually have a financial plan for the country.. Becos Goodluck was able to defend his during the debate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

POLLS: If Given A Second Chance How Would You Have Voted In 2015? / Nigerians React To Buhari Statement Toward His trip To London On Punch New / Buhari Speaks Live With Kano Governor On Phone (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.