Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Is Egusi?? (the Yellow-white Stuff That Comes Out Of Ones Nose) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Egusi?? (the Yellow-white Stuff That Comes Out Of Ones Nose) (1386 Views)

Blood Is Coming Out Of My Nose Instead Of Mucus / 17-year Old Girl Who Bleeds From Her Eyes, Nose, Ears, Scalp & Tongue / Does Your Nose Looks Like These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Egusi?? (the Yellow-white Stuff That Comes Out Of Ones Nose) by NigerianScholar: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
I seriously dont know what it is..like the medical term and all. People just call it egusi. Because, well it looks like egusi
Based on my observations, I know its some form of fat and it is present on the nose and the chin (below the lower lip)
If you dont know what It is put your thumb in your nostrils and push up as hard as possible

Doctors in the house, pls shed more light on this. Like the causes, composition, what It is etc

Cc Lalalisticlala
Re: What Is Egusi?? (the Yellow-white Stuff That Comes Out Of Ones Nose) by DesChyko: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Well, if you actually remember the diagram of the skin during our Biology days, you'ld observe that that there is a gland called the sebaceous gland that produces sebum which is of value to the skin's health.

I believe it's connected to that since the fatty stores (adipose tissues) have no link to the exterior via the skin pores. I think it's a 'mutation' of this sebum instead.

Perhaps the dermatologists could identify it for us.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Always Look Sick After Sex Or Masturbation / Graphic Video: Maggots Oozing Out Of This Girl Head (18+) Please / Top 9 Dirtiest Body Parts That We Never Thought Were Dirty (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.