Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project (13306 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / Who Should Supervise A Building Project; Architects, Builders Or Engineers / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by RobbStark(m): 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
edshaf:

That's what I got it for, full volume.

From Ikorodu to Boknor (near Okota). I am open to better or equal product & service at a reduced rate if available. What rate is a good rate sir?

Cant tell cos I dont stay in Lagos.
But here in Ph, we get as low as 24k to 40k depending on the location of drop.

Nice work tho.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by folmus: 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
edshaf:

Yes. The normal trend in Lagos is to commence building before paper work (if at all). With Lagos drive for revenue generation, several penalties are now levied if you build without building approval (and get caught).
Sadly, you cannot get building approval without a title on the land.
Since the location is under government acquisition with consent to regularize, the Regularization process takes about 6 months to complete. But one can still get building plan approved with the letter of regularization, which takes about 3 month or less to be ready.

@Edshaf Please enlighten us on the process of regularization. We don enter one chance o with all these useless estates parading with a survey with free from govt acquisition grin grin grin grin
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice job and detailed write up,..love the ground floor plan, wished the Guest toilet window is hiding from the approach view as well as a duct provided for the toilets to hide the PVC pipes,...all the same, OP...keep it up...CJkatas Consults Ltd 07061209159, Anambr State

Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by ArcFresky(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2017
edshaf:

We had the challenge of space. The plot is slightly skewed resulting in smaller buildable area.

My archi suggested all ensuite in flats on the upper floors but after careful deliberations putting all factors into play, we decided to go with the plan as is.

Not bad, but just wondering about the future valuations... What about the room sizes, I hope they are not too small?
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by NovusHomo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
money121:
Contractor: *Ayyub*

Client: Nairalander

Material: *Aluminum (0.45mm thick)*

Style: *Metcoppo*

Colour:North brown

*Roof:* 394.3sqm @ N1900/sqm = *N749,170*

*Flashing:* 58m @ N1700 = *N98,600*

*Cladding:* 68.5m N1700 = *N116,450*

*Accessories:* = *N30,000*

Bending =#4,500
Transportation =#27,000
Workmanship =#70,000

*Total* = *N1,095,720*

Can you include your phone number?
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by money121(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
NovusHomo:

Can you include your phone number?

Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by MENA247(f): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice job . ...Please contact me on 08064663304. Thank you
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by edshaf: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
ArcFresky:

Not bad, but just wondering about the future valuations... What about the room sizes, I hope they are not too small?

No smallest room is 3000 x 3600 in dimension
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by edshaf: 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
folmus:

@Edshaf Please enlighten us on the process of regularization. We don enter one chance o with all these useless estates parading with a survey with free from govt acquisition grin grin grin grin

I am not an authority in the process but I will share my understanding.

Land under government acquisition that has been granted consent to regularize would normally have such consent number on the survey plan with a stamp of the land status.
With your survey plan, you can obtain the land information (#10,000 for 1 plot) from the surveyor general's office. Only survey plan will red copy lodged in the Surveyor General's office can have the land information.
With that and the completed application form (#5,000) obtained from Lagos State Ministry of Lands and Housing, you submit your application for land regularization to the directorate of land regularization.

Anyways, in your case, all you need is to verify by conducting Land Information to start with. Be wary, estate or not!
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by Connoisseur(m): 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
edshaf:

Yes. The normal trend in Lagos is to commence building before paper work (if at all). With Lagos drive for revenue generation, several penalties are now levied if you build without building approval (and get caught).
Sadly, you cannot get building approval without a title on the land.
Since the location is under government acquisition with consent to regularize, the Regularization process takes about 6 months to complete. But one can still get building plan approved with the letter of regularization, which takes about 3 month or less to be ready.

I understand your explanation but this statement “The wait should grant me the opportunity to raise money for quick progression” made it look like money for the building is something you pick off the street in a month
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by edshaf: 3:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Connoisseur:

I understand your explanation but this statement “The wait should grant me the opportunity to raise money for quick progression” made it look like money for the building is something you pick off the street in a month

I understand your confusion but I didn't say I will gather the money for the whole building neither did I say in a month. Nigerian system takes time and rather than spending the little money I have now doing small section of work, I will be able to combine all that money with those yet to be earned (God willing) to do all the section of work, that I would have otherwise done if approval was not a problem, at the same time (quick progression). As far as my statement goes, completing the foundation once can be *quick progression" for sake of argument.
Anyhow, I will take note for next time to avoid confusion. Thanks.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by olays(m): 9:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Happy Easter Celebration,

Good thinking, Good Product! Nice one, May God grant you the grace to do it as plan. I really like it as you involve in it by yourself, at least you will save some cost.

As you wait for approval, God will provide money to you ijn. amen.

My Warm Regards to the family,
Olayinka

nb sir. don't forget what we do... a good quality and accurate supplies of sand and granite direct from its source...

1 Like

Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by folmus: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2017
edshaf:

I am not an authority in the process but I will share my understanding.

Land under government acquisition that has been granted consent to regularize would normally have such consent number on the survey plan with a stamp of the land status.
With your survey plan, you can obtain the land information (#10,000 for 1 plot) from the surveyor general's office. Only survey plan will red copy lodged in the Surveyor General's office can have the land information.
With that and the completed application form (#5,000) obtained from Lagos State Ministry of Lands and Housing, you submit your application for land regularization to the directorate of land regularization.

Anyways, in your case, all you need is to verify by conducting Land Information to start with. Be wary, estate or not!

Thank you very much baba for the information; we already bought the land o. In fact so many buildings are on going there. We didn't know until our surveyor brought the survey which shows Fall within Gov Acquisition.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by ableguy(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
edshaf:
With my first building project done - well, almost done, with very minor finishing touches left, I have started looking forward to getting another started. I have not only come to realize that I derive a great deal of joy and fulfillment in getting involved in my own building, I have also come to realize that it is perhaps the best pension I can offer myself.

While my first project is a storey building with two three bedroom flats adjoining building (I don't know the name they call this kind of structure -duplex?!), my look-ahead is now to have a 6 bedroom tastefully finished block of flats.

In my head, I am thinking a building covering a total of 245 sq. mtrs, 6 flats - 2 per floor, 3 bedrooms - all ensuite, and a guest toilet to go with it. All is still in my head, all is still ideas. But that's the starting point, right?

I have started conceptualizing a three years plan to get the house erected and fully functional at the best rate without compromising on quality.

First thing first, I need to raise funds for land smiley.

Congratulations, contact us for tiles.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by klbakare(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Incase, anyone needs steel products, overhead water tank stands, burglar bars, doors, gates, steel roof trusse, stanchions for warehouses. Don't hesitate to contact me. It's steel, it's mega! 07066151222
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by Plow: 3:41am On Apr 27, 2017
Molding labor correct @ N900 per block?

edshaf:
So far, with 1 trip of sharp (20 tonnes) sand + 1/2 trip (10 tonnes) of plaster sand and 50 bags of cement, we were able to produce 1600 9" blocks.

20 tonnes of sharp sand delivered to site: #65,000
10 tonnes of plaster sand: #30,000
50 bags of Cement @ #2600 per bag: #130,000
Molding Labor @ #900 per block: #45,000
Total Cost: #270,000

Effectively, each block cost #270,000 / 1600 = #168.75 to produce.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by edshaf: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Plow:
Molding labor correct @ N900 per block?

That's correct. It includes the cost of stacking as well.

Do you think it is too expensive? I need feedbacks like this to ease future bargaining.
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by folmus: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
edshaf:

That's correct. It includes the cost of stacking as well.

Do you think it is too expensive? I need feedbacks like this to ease future bargaining.

Do you mean per bag?
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by edshaf: 11:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
folmus:

Do you mean per bag?

Oh... Yes, per bag. Thanks
Re: A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project by folmus: 8:32am On May 10, 2017
edshaf:

Oh... Yes, per bag. Thanks

If it includes stocking, then may be its fine as you will be charged 700-750 per bag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Building Collapse: Lagos Government Shuts 19 Houses In Ikorodu / Building On Fire At Saka Bus stop Ojo Lagos / DON'T MISS THE AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2 NOW! PAY AND PARK IN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.