Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos (26378 Views)

Jackie Appiah, Queen Nwokoye And Mike Ezuruonye Pictured On Set / Queen Nwokoye Celebrates Her 35th Birthday Today (Photos) / Queen Nwokoye's Husband, Uzoma Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 15, 2016
Queen Nwokoye has been in the industry since 2004. For many years, she was not one of the prominent stars, in spite of the fact that she befriended a lot of star actors. As such, many expected that the light-skinned actress would quit the industry and opt for a white-collar job since she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Anthropology from the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.

Speaking to Sunday Scoop on her journey to stardom and how she became a star without relocating to Lagos, which is considered the hub of entertainment, Nwokoye said, “Lagos is too rowdy. It’s too busy for me. In Lagos, everybody is hustling. I am not a hustler. All my life, I have never had to hustle for anything, anything I have came to me, including stardom.”

Does that mean she is one of the said few that didn’t have to sleep with a producer to get movie roles? ‘‘If it is true that actresses have to sleep with producers to get roles, I’m happy I didn’t have to do so. Sometimes, it is people’s way of trying to explain away their failure. I didn’t pass through it. From my experience, nobody ever asked to sleep with me. If you present yourself as someone that can sleep around to get roles, people will treat you that way. But the truth is how many people do you want to sleep with before you become famous?”

Queen, who has been accused of refusing to discuss her marital status, said stardom hasn’t changed her. “I don’t think anybody can accuse me of being proud. I don’t even consider myself a star and I don’t see how someone like me can begin to act arrogantly.”

With plans to produce movies; Queen said she was grateful to God and her fans that had kept faith with her.

http://punchng.com/didnt-sleep-anyone-get-roles-queen-nwokoye/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by AntiWailer: 5:13am On Aug 15, 2016
My respect for this lady knows no bound.

She is right there at the top with no controversy attached to her name.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Airforce1(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2016
To all the shameless movie producers sleeping with people's wife and girlfriend's for a movie role

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by fernandoc(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2016
You don't need to look too far to know the ones that slept with producers. Respect

6 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by cruzita(f): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Airforce1:
To all the shameless movie producers sleeping with people's wife and girlfriend's for a movie role
add thunder to that waka abeg

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by cruzita(f): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2016
the only actress that I love .
very down to earth

no scandal

her private life is private

doesn't quarrel with colleagues

Go girl ,,I believe u

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by iheanyi40(m): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2016
who we go ask undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by tyson99(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2016
iheanyi40:
who we go ask undecided undecided
No need of asking make person wey sleep with am come out and talk,she's sure of herself ni and a yoruba adage says

'togun eni ba da ni loju,a fin gba ori ni'

26 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by OKorowanta: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2016
You dey boast abi?
Ok na
Don't worry I'm the newest Nollywood producer in town.
I DEY come for u.
Your body go tell u wen I slip enta.

**jokes apart dis babe dey mad for acting.
Watched her a couple of days ago and I was hugely impressed.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by sathel(m): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2016
Na olosho dy lie pass

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by psychologist(m): 9:01am On Aug 15, 2016
Hey God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by kelvinkosi(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2016
I hear...

21 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by veekid(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2016
Who is your witness?

8 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Ayoswit(f): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2016
kudos
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Angelb4: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2016
Can we confirm it pls...esp the producer aspect.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Sunnycliff(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
who we go ask?
pic of you saying no to sleeping advances or...

8 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Ligxy(f): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
My love for this lady. Go girl!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by deebrain(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
Love this lady anytime she acts like a tout in some movies....
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by zangara: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
As beautiful as u are...hmmm
U really meet good people in the course of ur career
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Category1: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
see as this babe just expose the rest yeyebrities lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by firstolalekan(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2016
story storey

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by omogidi234(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2016
Mod, una do push this for FB. Ok kontinue!
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by GodwinTobi(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2016
sathel:
Na olosho dy lie pass
Lie detector well-done

6 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by jamesPAN(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2016
A round of applause of yourself

1 Like

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Uzor1904(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Fine gurl
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by McBrooklyn(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Made Ko, Red Made Ni grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by GodwinTobi(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
veekid:
Who is your witness?
Jehovah witness be looking for witness while the girl is making wave....

1 Like

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by Rhotiz: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
Omo daada

5 Likes

Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by martineinstein(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
thats what dey will say
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by McBrooklyn(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
cool
Re: Queen Nwokoye: I Made It Without Sleeping With Producers Or Relocating To Lagos by psychologist(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2016
veekid:
Who is your witness?
hh

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actress, Juliet Ibrahim Replies Follower Who Called Her A “hoe’ / Yul Edochie To Critics: I Will Sort Out Issues In My Family Amicably / Tiwaloluwa Oluwademiladeola: Seyi Law's Daughter’s 1st Birthday Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.