Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (41384 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by richidinho(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
MARKone:

Hahahahahah. Oh my God! We no serious for this country grin grin. The stallions Na NEPA peeps, see cables wey them don go disconnect with pliers grin

grin grin
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by 12Monkeys: 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
the series is the best thing on tv right now. See for yourself

In this change to gen era?

Abi you know hear say dem no dey use I-pass-my-neighbour watch season film?
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
aloziedaya:
Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad?

I seriously can't explain this. My Nigerian passport expired and I applied for reissue at the Nigerian Immigration Service in Lagos. On application the officers told me it will take 3 to 7 working days to be ready. I couldn't believe now that close to 2 months I'm yet to collect this passport. Anytime I go to the immigration office, they will just tell me that it is not yet ready, that I should continue trying my luck by checking often.
Please, what do I do? I need to travel with my passport.
I made the requested payment of N28,000.
I am really stranded here.

don't bribe anyone... it is normal everywhere...

I know u did the 32 pages passport...

The book is not yet available... I am waiting for mine as well...So let's hope and pray...

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by greggng: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
aloziedaya:

I seriously can't explain this. My Nigerian passport expired and I applied for reissue at the Nigerian Immigration Service in Lagos. On application the officers told me it will take 3 to 7 working days to be ready. I couldn't believe now that close to 2 months I'm yet to collect this passport. Anytime I go to the immigration office, they will just tell me that it is not yet ready, that I should continue trying my luck by checking often.

You followed the right way unfortunately what is right doesn't work faster in Nigeria. Cos of the corupt practices. Currently what they ve is the 64page passport. If you had bribed them, you would ve gotten it same day or next day. I doubt if you ve not entered one chance. I did my passport at festac office and I got it same day. Renewal shouldn't be a problem. Did you do another capturing? If your answer is no then you re on your own
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
aloziedaya:

has the doctrine of 'egunje' eluded you?

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
I don't understand this at all cos it's really strange. Are you really sure you didn't pay to one of these so called agents? Did you go to the immigration office directly by yourself? I own an international passport, Infact I'm on my second issue now which I just got last year. And I got the both times with ease and no hassles at all. Infact, I got the second issue same day I applied for it after the expiration of the first one. Just that I had to pay extra cos it was an urgent processing. So this your case is really strange and baffles me. Come out straight and explain everything.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by NaBanga: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
A "tip" is mandatory in Nigeria. Think about a nice dinner served to you by your waitress. At the end of your service, please give her extra for all her hard work. grin

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by ensamy(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
I paid 30k at my state immigration office and by 4pm thesame day it was ready. Guy may be na deplomatic passport u applied for. Now passport na 24hrs it Will be ready . Or because maybe the office r has kept the money safe for you. Things hard .Maybe ur pasport has issues that is being investigated. So security fit the look for u all this While.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by lordkhalifa(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
Odunharry:
Location??
immigration office umuahia
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by caprini1: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
iAmCharis:
Strange I must say. It's not supposed to take this long. Chances are, you gave the wrong guy your money and he ate it. When next you get there, speak to a higher officer. You can even get it that same day.
I wonder o.... same passport I applied for in the morning and got it in the evening at Festac.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
Remember the movie " Third World Cop".Nigerian Paramilitary run things,things don't run them

This is Nigeria.It is sad,but the bitter truth.
You have to wet the hand of one of those Immigrantion guys to fast track it o.If not,day go break you o.

Cheer up!
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by nefertitiram: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
Trendy247:
Lolz... Y will u pay 28k for a passport, somtin u can even get for N300 (16 copies)... wait n take for dat matter.

*faints, wakes up, faints again*

I kant believe this
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Gingerr(f): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
I guess you applied for 32pages because it has not been available for a while. I got mine, 64pages within 48hrs for 36k last 2weeks. So I think you should go meet the person handling it to process 64pages for you if you really need it urgently..Renewal doesnt take time..!
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Keenlooka(m): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
PHCN dey use gen for office
Police dey switch clothes when them hear "thief"!
Fire Service dey supply water for party
Politicians... Forget those ones
So why u expect immigration to perform miracle? Na heaven u wan go?

Welcome to our NAIJA grin

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by ped007(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
LaRochelle:
To answer your question, Nigeria is that bad and is even worse than you think. I applied for National ID card in October 2014. Up till now, it is not yet ready. They keep saying I should check one useless website, which, in my opinion, has been programmed to say it's not yet ready.

One of my colleagues, who claims to be a realist, says that using money to get what you want is the fastest way. Meet one top officer, explain your plight and watch your passport appear in one week!

Swithrt ur realist frnd correct!
Abt d ID ish I got a msg from them dat mine is ready and the site also confirmed it, so anytime I will be in Abuja where I did the registration, I will just dance into their office and collect it...
Like APC will always say... Blame the previous administration and be patient with the new one wink[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by pippimp(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
aloziedaya:

Last year in Berlin, It was time for me to end my time in Germany and go back home. I went to the embassy there to renew my children's passport and what i experienced there was abnormal to say the least. I thought that the embassy being in Germany, the staff there would be better cultured. For where? They were rude, uncouth, shifty and shady. They even had two waiting rooms. One for black people and one for whites. Can you imagine? You guys are segregating yourselves. You can imagine how the waiting room for blacks was like. It was dingy and they were selling food, in there. in the offices. In an embassy. Can you imagine? I swore never to go to a Nigerian embassy ever till the day i die.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by buchai: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
give the agent bribe within one week your passport will be ready and when you sign for collection I mean original collected by you check on the passport you definitely see that your passport was ready one month ago.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Uchexxy(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
LaRochelle:
To answer your question, Nigeria is that bad and is even worse than you think. I applied for National ID card in October 2014. Up till now, it is not yet ready. They keep saying I should check one useless website, which, in my opinion, has been programmed to say it's not yet ready.

my dear, I applied for this id too in the same year and till now nothing. please lemme know if you've gotten yours and how.
Thanks
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2016
aloziedaya:

Nigeria is not bad.

Nigeria is a great country but she's spoilt by some Nigerians that are putrid and infected sores that should be eviscerated swiftly.

Buharis Son or Daughter or Dangotes offsprings will never go through what you are going through.

My Wife wept openly for Nigeria when our Daughters USA passport was delivered by US post office into our mailbox. She remembered the ordeal she had to go through at Ibadan passport office and two-night bus trips to Abuja.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Emekayoung(m): 12:13am On Aug 16, 2016
Trendy247:
Lolz... Y will u pay 28k for a passport, somtin u can even get for N300 (16 copies)... wait n take for dat matter.
He is talking about international pass port not passport photograph.... Understood?
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by babestella: 12:15am On Aug 16, 2016
aloziedaya:

You've seen nothing. Go to other parastatal, they are full of northerners, yes ones that brought change to Nigeria and have even collected the little change Nigerians have left.

It's sad, but they got to the media to tell you they are saints, my dear take heart, Nigerian I indeed in the hand of dogs. Mayberry it's time you take legal action against the foooolsooo
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Kgdavid(m): 12:36am On Aug 16, 2016
LaRochelle:

One of my colleagues, who claims to be a realist, says that using money to get what you want is the fastest way. Meet one top officer, explain your plight and watch your passport appear in one week!

hehe i had mine done in a day
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by ChynoBEATS: 1:01am On Aug 16, 2016
aloziedaya:

I seriously can't explain this. My Nigerian passport expired and I applied for reissue at the Nigerian Immigration Service in Lagos. On application the officers told me it will take 3 to 7 working days to be ready. I couldn't believe now that close to 2 months I'm yet to collect this passport. Anytime I go to the immigration office, they will just tell me that it is not yet ready

Well I've heard about this sorta ish b4
It's quite NORMAL of Them .... Sue em if you can cheesy .. That's how they behave when you'on know anybody there ...
I don't know why the Immigration service is filled with loads of Lazy I'd!ots ....
N trust me Yours is ready but they're the Ones delaying it .
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by gidjah(m): 1:08am On Aug 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahagahohohohohooooooohhhhhiiiihhhhhhhhiiii.... Nigeria is for us, our great nation, the promising One Country been forced to be one!! But naijeriya is for them.... them..... awon sai Sai family, awon Born to. RULE. GBOGBO!!
sapiosexual1:
Bros bribing is not corruption na, don't you know you have to padd your official 28k payment ni?
As to your question, No, Nigeria is not this bad but Welcome to Naijeriya

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by gidjah(m): 1:10am On Aug 16, 2016
Hahahaha... Uncle OLUWOLE IN ACTION!!
Trendy247:
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Icon79(m): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Thank God that I was able to collect my own within 3 business days at Asaba, or else I would've missed my flight because my passport expired while I was in naija. However, I was forced to purchase the 64 paged version (that I don't really need) because they claimed that the 32 page one are not available. And by the way, I paid N35K for the 64 pages instead of N28K for the 32 pages.

In addition, I cannot understand why naija passports expire in 5 years whereas my American passports are valid for 10 years. They are always looking for a way to make money and exploit people in that country.

Nigeria is a crappy country, for sire!

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by kan12(m): 1:52am On Aug 16, 2016
aloziedaya:

You should start believing that close to two months you haven't collected ur passport,that way it will come quick.bt if na spoil I think say Nigeria don spoil pass this matter.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by October1960: 1:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Most Nigerian government positions at local state and federal are used to extort money from people.

Their salary is a miniscule amount from the amounts they collect through bribes extortion and other delay tactics.

They even teach new recruits how it "works" and the amounts to remit to the ogas at the top.

Even in foriegn countries the Nigerian embassy and consulate are even worse.

They are waiting for bribe before they do their job. Useless people. They will still go to church and mosque later.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by DeRay98(m): 5:19am On Aug 16, 2016
Who did you pay to, that's the person you should have followed up till it's delivered. Apparently, the fellow side-stepped you and you fell off. You will have to pay somebody else to follow-up for you or else wait for 6 months.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Zehner(f): 5:28am On Aug 16, 2016
Trendy247:
for International passport? angry
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by whitebeard(m): 5:31am On Aug 16, 2016
Lovelynature:
Naija needs serious rebranding, yeah serious one or...

Anyways
hope nothing.. pls stop posting this shit and get busy

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by LeStylo: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2016
aloziedaya:

Rule #1: When you need you passport to be fixed quickly just travel hinterland to Ilorin, Osogbo etc. Leave the hustling commercial hubs with international airports. The immigration offices there will fix it within 24-48hrs. In Kaduna, I fixed mine same day and the officer even called me to come pick up. They needn't ask, I gave them all some cash cos I was genuinely impressed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / Lagosians Use Faeces To Put Out Fire On Road, Poo Truck Explodes (Video) / Air Peace Introduces B737-800 New Generation Aircraft Into Its Operations(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.