Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,014 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad (483 Views)

Indian Snake Charmer Escapes Death As Deadly Python Nearly Strangled Him (Photo) / See The Python I Nearly Stepped On Last Night At My Backyard / Man Drags Two Large Snakes On The Street Of Zimbabwe In Broad Daylight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad by Sanyiicrown(m): 1:02am On Aug 16, 2016
In what will come across as a really shocking development, a school teacher has nearly been burnt alive.
Pure drama took over a High School in South Africa as pupils attacked their teacher.
The High school teacher was nearly set alight by his own pupils during a violent protest over a shortage of teachers last Thursday.

According to Daily Sun SA, the teacher, who works at Mhlanganisweni Technical and Commercial High School in Lujecweni Village, near Port St John’s, in the Eastern Cape, was accused of being too close to the principal.
He was rescued by parents who arrived just as a mob of pupils were about to burn him alive.
Five classrooms and two offices in the administration block were burned at the school, which has since closed its gates.
Resident Nolenti Zamuxolo said she was disturbed by the children’s behaviour.
“It was not easy for us to build this school for them. I do not understand why they destroyed property that is meant to help them,” said Nolenti.
Thobela Tshicila, president of the school’s student representative council, said: “We do not have enough teachers for geography and physical and life sciences. We asked the principal for more teachers, but we didn’t get them.
“As for the burning of the school, it was not planned. Things got out of hand and it was impossible to control the angry mob of students.”
School principal Thanduxolo Mntwini said: “I have written many times to the education department to request more teachers.
“There will be a big meeting on Tuesday with pupils, parents, Sadtu and the local chief.”
Source: http://naijatatafoblog..com/2016/08/chaos-as-school-teacher-is-nearly-burnt.html
Re: Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad by Femolacaster(m): 2:26am On Aug 16, 2016
Wetin eye no go see?

1 Like

Re: Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad by StealthyMe(m): 2:43am On Aug 16, 2016
Protesting shortage of teachers... and you want to burn a teacher

How wise undecided

1 Like

Re: Chaos As School Teacher Is Nearly Burnt Alive By His Own School Pupils In Broad by Sanyiicrown(m): 3:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Femolacaster:
Wetin eye no go see?
just tired my brother

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA: Daily Parallel Market Exchange Rate (updated 14/09/2016) / Boy Picking Beans On Main Road / Angelina Jolie Still Dont Want Brad Pitt Persecuted For Child Abuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.