Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 (9615 Views)

Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks / 2017/2018 Federal University Of Technology, Akure Aspirant / Federal University Of Technology FUTO Screening Cutoff 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2016
I am quite surprised there is no thread like this. Futo aspirants 2016/2017 let us do this....
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2016
News I heard from their page on facebook is that they have extended application indefinitely
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 7:52am On Aug 23, 2016
There is going to be a meeting between jamb and universities, this week to validate the admission list of those universities. MY GUESS admission list would be out soon.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by victorydian(f): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2016
bin waiting lyk forever for this futo thread.. Pls ppl with genuine info should help us out.. lyk how much was ur screening form. did mine for 6k... I think I was swindled
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2016
I paid 2500 to the bank to fill the form online
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jamb has opened its admission portal, you can check yours, jamb.org.ng/postregistrationefacility/CheckAdmissionStatus.aspx?id=290DA7BC-5F2F-493F-90A9-6714EA04C9C2. Beware, futo has not released admission list and so the information we futo aspirants would recieve is no admission given yet. I suspect the admission list would be released september and resumption, earliest november.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by pillan(f): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Fairezest:
Jamb has opened its admission portal, you can check yours, jamb.org.ng/postregistrationefacility/CheckAdmissionStatus.aspx?id=290DA7BC-5F2F-493F-90A9-6714EA04C9C2. Beware, futo has not released admission list and so the information we futo aspirants would recieve is no admission given yet. I suspect the admission list would be released september and resumption, earliest november.
please op...where u notified after u submitted ur details online?
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 7:40am On Aug 27, 2016
My acknowledgement slip was sent to my email
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Rapsino(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
pls admin I have done the d reg n gotten my acknowledgement slip. I wan to ask base on meeting deadline I didn't summit all the required documents. can I complete d submission now. ? also please kip us informed if futo is writing post ume. thanks
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Rapsino:
pls admin I have done the d reg n gotten my acknowledgement slip. I wan to ask base on meeting deadline I didn't summit all the required documents. can I complete d submission now. ? also please kip us informed if futo is writing post ume. thanks

What were the documents u did not submit? I hope at least u submitted your Local government identification, o' level result and jamb with ur testimonial or FSLC. Errm what you can do now is to go to their admission office and submit the documents. How is it that ur form was submitted without submitting the documents or did u put incorrect documents in some fields?
Jamb has made it clear, there would be no form of written examination after jamb. The schools that had not conducted post ume before post ume was scrapped and have released admission list used the point system for grading.
So what would happen after registration is just checking/screening of your result to check it's validation and authencity. Then maybe awarding candidates points based on their waec grades and jamb score as earlier proposed by jamb as was done in delsu and AAU. Release of screening scores then admission list.
Some schools called students for screening as in they were given screening dates. So that they would come to the school and submit printouts of their documents and it would be screened and maybe do little interview for candidates. But I do not think futo would do same because if they were our screening dates would be in the acknowledgement slip and they would say so in their admission advert.

But if there is any change I would let you know but I doubt there would.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Rapsino(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Fairezest:

What were the documents u did not submit? I hope at least u submitted your Local government identification, o' level result and jamb with ur testimonial or FSLC. Errm what you can do now is to go to their admission office and submit the documents. How is it that ur form was submitted without submitting the documents or did u put incorrect documents in some fields?
Jamb has made it clear, there would be no form of written examination after jamb. The schools that had not conducted post ume before post ume was scrapped and have released admission list used the point system for grading.
So what would happen after registration is just checking/screening of your result to check it's validation and authencity. Then maybe awarding candidates points based on their waec grades and jamb score as earlier proposed by jamb as was done in delsu and AAUA. Release of screening score then admission list.
Some schools called students for screening as in they were given screening dates. So that they would come to the school and submit printouts of their documents and it would be screened and maybe do little interview for candidates. But I do not think futo would do same because if they were our screening dates would be in the acknowledgement slip and they would say so in their admission advert.

But if there is any change I would let you know but I doubt there would.
thanks for the info. the thing is that I don't want to exceed deadline then. by then my waec was held. the only thing I didn't summit is testimonial. which my school r acting lazy. also d jamb slip I submitted is the print out. pls can you help me with ur number?
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 5:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Rapsino:

thanks for the info. the thing is that I don't want to exceed deadline then. by then my waec was held. the only thing I didn't summit is testimonial. which my school r acting lazy. also d jamb slip I submitted is the print out. pls can you help me with ur number?

If you have all these things now, proceed to their admissions office and submit. You can send them your enquiries, with this email info@futo.edu.ng or through their website.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by pillan(f): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Fairezest:
My acknowledgement slip was sent to my email
please do u know when the physical screening will take place?
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
pillan:
please do u know when the physical screening will take place?

I do not think there would be physical screening because if they were there would be a date on the acknowledgement slip and it would be made known on the advert for admission. But if there will it would be announced publicly.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
In my other post it is AAU instead of AAUA
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Donbigi2(m): 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Please when are they posting first list
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
Donbigi2:
Please when are they posting first list

My guess is this month but they shifted some dates of their 2nd seemester exams so I am thinking it would affect the release date and there is this news their deadline for application was extended indefinitely and up till now, no news whether whether application is closed but FUTA that announced admission screening the same time as FUTO and set their deadline the same date as futo before futo extended their deadline has released admission list while unilag has released screening scores. So it is either futo is screening candidates that have submitted applications with their portal still open for application or they have closed application without announcement and have started screening already in that case admission list would be released soon maybe this week sef. Any way according to their 2015/2016 calendar the 2016/2017 session would begin November and jamb has already said all things about the 2016/2017 session should be finalized before November maybe ending or beginning. But this is naija anything can happen. But going by the book list should come out this september.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Donbigi2(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
OK...
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Donbigi2(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please how good is NDDC Hostel and their toilet... Is it worth it? Or should I plan on get a Lodge off campus
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
Donbigi2:
Please how good is NDDC Hostel and their toilet... Is it worth it? Or should I plan on get a Lodge off campus

The NDDC hostel is more comfortable than the school's hostel, according to what I have heard but going from the information I got you still have to fetch water downstairs, heaters do not work well..... and u are living with ppl how clean the toilet is dependent on the ppl u live with. As a fresher staying in the hostel would help you meet people and therefore improve your social life on campus but if u are seeking for comfortability, neatness etc it is best you stay at a lodge since U are incharge of the room there.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by nnadychuks(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Uniben are posting eligibility stats to their aspirants,doesn't that apply to FUTO?
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
nnadychuks:
Uniben are posting eligibility stats to their aspirants,doesn't that apply to FUTO?

Uniben released their jamb cut off marks for each department. So far they are the only university I have seen do that. The schools that have released their admission list that I know of just released cut off points based on both waec and jamb, u know the point system stuff for each department in their school. Futa did not even release screening score or cut off points, just admission list. So to each school their own all I am doing is making assumptions from other schools, we dont know how futo would do theirs.

Modified- Other schools would just invite all candidates 200 and above or 180 and above that chose them in jamb or are just eligible for admission screening.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Daddychukwu: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
Futo has close their application portal..... I have a friend who didn't register so i decided to put his jamb reg number to know whether d application portal is still open but unfortunately d page replied application closed.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Did the person choose futo in jamb? If he did then application is closed. Then admission list would come out soon, maybe this week.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by nnadychuks(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Fairezest:

Uniben released their jamb cut off marks for each department. So far they are the only university I have seen do that. The schools that have released their admission list that I know of just released cut off points based on both waec and jamb, u know the point system stuff for each department in their school. Futa did not even release screening score or cut off points, just admission list. So to each school their own all I am doing is making assumptions from other schools, we dont know how futo would do theirs.

Modified- Other schools would just invite all candidates 200 and above or 180 and above that chose them in jamb or are just eligible for admission screening.
I don't understand what I saw on one WhatsApp group;elect-elect 248 nsukka.. Brother I'm so scared
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2016
nnadychuks:
I don't understand what I saw on one WhatsApp group;elect-elect 248 nsukka.. Brother I'm so scared

I do not know that any cut off has been released OFFICIALLY but then again in some of these schools, they paste it in their departments or simply ask any lecturer or school staff about it in school. ehm if that is the cut off mark and not cut off point.
Cut off mark-jamb score
Cut off point- jamb score + waec grade point
This is how it was calculated

A1=100 B2=90, B3=80, C4=70 etc...
Multiply your core subjects in jamb
by 0.4 e.g= Eng b3, Govt b3, Crs b3, Lit
b3... 80 80 80 80=320.... 320*0.4= 128 (According to your o'level grades i.e. the grades of the subjects you took in jamb in your o' level result)
Multiply your jamb score by 0.6..e.g 240*0.6 =
Add up the first and the second step.
128 + 144= 272

Copy and pase frm wolfgang in myschool.com. The ones in bracket are mine, made minor corrections

You can calculate your score, using their school's method, maybe 248 would not seem high to you again. Besides their jamb cut off mark for admission screening is 200 and above while futo's own is 180 and above

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by nnadychuks(m): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
Fairezest:

I do not know that any cut off has been released OFFICIALLY but then again in some of these schools, they paste it in their departments or simply ask any lecturer or school staff about it in school. ehm if that is the cut off mark and not cut off point.
Cut off mark-jamb score
Cut off point- jamb score + waec grade point
This is how it was calculated

A1=100 B2=90, B3=80, C4=70 etc...
Multiply your core subjects in jamb
by 0.4 e.g= Eng b3, Govt b3, Crs b3, Lit
b3... 80 80 80 80=320.... 320*0.4= 128 (According to your o'level grades i.e. the grades of the subjects you took in jamb in your o' level result)
Multiply your jamb score by 0.6..e.g 240*0.6 =
Add up the first and the second step.
128 + 144= 272

Copy and pase frm wolfgang in myschool.com. The ones in bracket are mine, made minor corrections

You can calculate your score, using their school's method, maybe 248 would not seem high to you again. Besides their jamb cut off mark for admission screening is 200 and above while futo's own is 180 and above
if this is true then I have 270.2.. Thanks op.. Alas my message to the mods concerning futo aspirants was not in vain
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Henz24(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
victorydian:
bin waiting lyk forever for this futo thread.. Pls ppl with genuine info should help us out.. lyk how much was ur screening form. did mine for 6k... I think I was swindled
I spent 10k ma, I don't think u were swindled...
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Henz24(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Great futoites, I greet u all, please where are the chemical engineering aspirants??
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Fairezest: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
Hmmm in the admission advert they wrote 2500 and that is what I paid to fill the form. Maybe it is the fee of doing everything in cybercafe and all.
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Scarcity234: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
pls i registered with a coloured statement of neco result from my school instead of the neco print out since the originca has not been released. Will it in anyway affect my chances op?
Re: Federal University Of Technology (futo) Aspirants Thread 2016/2017 by Donbigi2(m): 1:16am On Sep 06, 2016
Fairezest:
Hmmm in the admission advert they wrote 2500 and that is what I paid to fill the form. Maybe it is the fee of doing everything in cybercafe and all.
I don't know about them but I registered in my house.. Paid the rrr in bank for #2500

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Prescience Program | Unizik prescience form 2015/2016 / NECOGCE Nov-Dec 2015 Result Released / Uniben Part Time Exams Result Is Out Any Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.